PDA

View Full Version : Question about the steal skill

MADasaHatter
01-29-2011, 02:45 AM
I've pumped in close to 7.5 hours and I'm level 15 but I have barely done any of the main story. I've just been farming money and skill books (going back and forth between shops as they change).

The problem is the steal skill book appeared only once in a shop and it was 12,800- way out of my price range. Now that I can afford it, it doesn't show up.

I know there's a theives guild- can you get it free there or find it free somewhere else? I'm getting tired of waiting for it to randomly show up in a shop.

JONBLEACH
01-29-2011, 03:41 AM
Um im not too sure either.
My shop skillbooks are like 9000 each not 12000 yet.

Did u complete the Death Strike achievement?
Where did u do it and what exactly counts as a legit kill with that.

Also where do u farm skillbooks:confused:, i just recently bought BattleCry for 9000.
There is also the Knockdown 30 times (is that an actual skill or what):confused:

PenderPowguin
01-29-2011, 02:43 PM
If you guys are having trouble farming skill books just go back to the first town you went to. Bayan I think it's called?

Anyways, there's a vendor there that always sells skill books, and the inventory is of course random. Here's what to do.

Find dice table, and save your game in front of it.
Play with max bet, if you win, Save again, if you lose load it up.
Keep doing this until you've enough to buy a skill book or two (with enough leftover to still bet max bet)
Go check the vendor, if he doesn't have what you want go play some more dice until you Lose again, reload and check the vendor...etc etc.

I've noticed that if you save in front of the vendor and just reload the inventory is the same? I could be wrong, because I saved in a room full of locked chests and they change every time I load.

Anyways, hope this helps.

MADasaHatter
01-29-2011, 03:42 PM
If you guys are having trouble farming skill books just go back to the first town you went to. Bayan I think it's called?

Anyways, there's a vendor there that always sells skill books, and the inventory is of course random. Here's what to do.

Find dice table, and save your game in front of it.
Play with max bet, if you win, Save again, if you lose load it up.
Keep doing this until you've enough to buy a skill book or two (with enough leftover to still bet max bet)
Go check the vendor, if he doesn't have what you want go play some more dice until you Lose again, reload and check the vendor...etc etc.

I've noticed that if you save in front of the vendor and just reload the inventory is the same? I could be wrong, because I saved in a room full of locked chests and they change every time I load.

Knockdown I'm not sure about. I believe it's like stun which is what you cause within another skill.

Anyways, hope this helps.

Bayan is where I was farming and all of this guy's books are 12,000+. It's where I first spotted that damn skill and now he doesn't want to give it up. He's given me fire arrow and all the rest. Reloading in front of the guy doesn't work for me, but I'll try the dice game trick and see if that re-rolls what he has.

JONBLEACH
You already have a thread out about this. You could have just waited until someone posted answers there.

Anyways.

I just save in front of him, buy the book and just grind the skill out (summon, battle cry). I let the game autosave but I don't manually save. Then when I'm done with the skill and the achievement pops, I reload my previous save in front of the guy and I get all my money back to purchase the next book.

I did most of my Death Strike Kills in the savanna by Bayan. There's a lot of the dog guys along the coast. They have to be standing still for you to death strike them. As the game progresses, you'll find a lot of these guys just standing around, taking pees in corners. Use your ocolus to check the area to find the ones that are standing still. Kill the ones that move, run out of the area and then sneak back in to kill the ones not looking at you. Try the coast south west of Bayan. And someone else posted another place to farm but the thread is buried. Run a search on 'death strike' and it'll show up.

PenderPowguin
01-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Bayan is where I was farming and all of this guy's books are 12,000+. It's where I first spotted that damn skill and now he doesn't want to give it up. He's given me fire arrow and all the rest. Reloading in front of the guy doesn't work for me, but I'll try the dice game trick and see if that re-rolls what he has.

I can guarantee 100% this works, as long as you progress a little further (i.e. play more dice) when you reload his inventory should be different.

In fact, this is what I have been doing the whole time in the game (aside of getting kill achievements) so that I may have enough auras to buy all of the skills I want in the beginning. Trust me, if you have patience you too can get every skill that you want.

MADasaHatter
01-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, I didn't have to wait long. It seems the cosmos heard me and delivered the thievery skill about ten minutes later.

And I can confirm that humbeling blow is the skill that creates knockdown. You really have to pour some points into it though. I was doing knockdowns at about 56% and it still took a while. And it only works on huminoids so animals won't work.

Edit:

*rubs temple*

So I played a bit further in the game and what do you know, found a thievery skill book for free. It's in the sewers where you meet the funny talking bouncer for a mission. To the left of him in a drain pipe, the book was just sitting there.