PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Mode: Bonus Transfers / New Game + Questions

Rivox
01-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Hello all! I'm currently on Chapter 9 of my first run on DS2 (Which happens to be Zealot), and I was wondering what transfers to Hardcore mode (if anything at all). I *believe* that the general consensus is that you cannot bring anything over from any previous game and that Hardcore is always a fresh start. HOWEVER, the one question that I cannot seem to find an answer for, is that do the "bonuses" you get for completing Zealot mode (access to Elite versions of suits and whatnot) carry over into your game, or will they not exist as well?

My next query would be, is that if absolutely nothing carries over whatsoever, and it'd be like playing the game for the first time all over again, does anyone recommend DLC to make the trek easier? If so...which DLC pack is preferred? It would seem like the "Bloody" pack would be best since it comes with a beefier Force Gun to boot, unless there is something better I'm unaware of.

I kind of hate the fact that I didn't begin the game on Normal/Survivalist, since I won't be able to appreciate a full Zealot mode run with the Foam Finger/Hand Cannon. Oh well, I guess I could always just use it for fun...:confused:

Complete answers to these burning questions would be highly appreciated!

:)

SpeedyWalrus
01-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Hardcore mode is a complete fresh start. No suits/upgrades and weapons carry over. You can only do a New Game + on Casual to Zealot. Elite versions of the suits are only available in New Game +.

I can't help you with the DLC.

Rivox
01-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh...well...will DLC at least carry over into Hardcore?

EliteShadowMan
01-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Oh...well...will DLC at least carry over into Hardcore?

YES! NOW LOOK IN OTHER THREADS BEFORE MAKING NEW ONES. sorry it's old seeing stupid threads like this, when theres plenty of other threads talking about hardcore