PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill: Downpour

Olley64
01-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Can't Wait for this game looks great and looks better than the last one hope its relesed soon

Leviathan1348
02-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I hope itīs better than the last one!

RwHu
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I remember playing the first Silent Hill. Didn't know they actually made another one, might have to check this game out.

Free Beer
02-19-2011, 06:55 PM
I remember playing the first Silent Hill. Didn't know they actually made another one, might have to check this game out.

Are you kidding? Another "ONE" theres been a ton of Silent Hill games.
Silent Hill 1-4, Origins, Silent Hill Arcade, Orphan, The Escape, Homecoming? Get with the times, brah. :woop:

Schism
02-19-2011, 07:21 PM

YouTube - Silent Hill 2 Trailer

YouTube - Silent Hill 3 Intro

YouTube - silent hill 4 the room

those where the best. the other ones where not as great. origins maybe..but homecoming and the other one where just bummers to me. game looks awesome. i love the whole rain setting..and apparently according to the game informer it plays a role in the game. The prison setting..or having a convict as the main character had me sold. Wonder how his mind, him being in prison and such, will effect the game :) should be sweet. <3

R6soldier
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
has the release date been announced??

Jack Pumpkinhed
03-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Dear gods this can't come out fast enough.

Silent Hill 1-4 and Origins were awesome! Homecoming....not terrible, but still....it was like the Resident Evil 5 of the Silent Hill series.

I'm just hoping this goes back to it's roots and doesn't include some bullshit like multiplayer or co-op...

ARCANEVALORE
04-20-2011, 09:43 PM
4 was awful sorry and downpour looks amazing

bloodswan
04-21-2011, 04:01 AM

Wow really? This was to be called Silent Hill 8

I never played 3 but thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 aswell as 4 though it was not quite as good. I though Homecoming was unfairly bashed though it was not quite as good as the original two I did find the story interesting.

Luigikid
05-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I hope it has harder Achievements xD
Silent Hill Homecoming was fuc*ing easy lol xD

Annalie
06-08-2011, 05:43 AM
I loved homecoming so ill get this when it comes out.

Shadetear
06-08-2011, 05:47 AM
hoping that this silent hill is scary

Quanster57
06-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Being a fan of the Silent Hill franchise, I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for this in the first weeks it comes out. Maybe it's just me, but was I the only one who was getting a sense of Alan Wake from the scenery when watching the gameplay demo at E3? Looks great!

Zec
06-10-2011, 05:54 AM
I loved homecoming so ill get this when it comes out.

Same. Homecoming was the game that really got me back into Silent Hill after the assfest of 4. (No offense to anyone that thoroughly enjoyed the game.) I'm liking what i see so far.

Verdinial
06-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Need a good horror game to play, it's been a long time. Shame F.3.A.R wasn't as scary as anticipated, but I didn't expect it to be seeing as it was coop. This is going to be a day one for me :D

Wolfgg
07-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Same. Homecoming was the game that really got me back into Silent Hill after the assfest of 4. (No offense to anyone that thoroughly enjoyed the game.) I'm liking what i see so far.

I find it interesting the amount of praise silent hill 4 gets, I am frankly surprised, its well known(or should be) that SH 4: the room wasn't even a silent hill game until well into the end of development, this is confirmed numerous places as it was shown at E3 without any silent hill references under a different code name(I think at one point it was just titled "The Room"), silent hill was hastily tacked on to boost sells with vague references to the series. I consider it one of the weakest entries into the series.

I agree with you though, homecoming was the shot in the arm that SH needed to get back into the spotlight, as well as shattered memories, they both took different approaches and succeeded in my opinion , most notably drawing me back to the series.

Louchavelli
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I've been waiting anxiously since it was first mentioned, luckily for me, plenty of good titles coming out from now until its released date (Amazon has an october 31st release date).

On a side note/adding my $.02....

I read a lot of people bashing Homecoming. I've been a fan since SH1 and have played most of the American titles. I thoroughly enjoyed Homecoming. I felt that it was a classic SH title. The story was pretty foul (in a good SH sense) and graphically, it wasn't bad. Very few games are perfect and free of flaws (cough..cough...MW2, Reach, Black Ops come to mind). Overall, I found it be well executed and I don't see what people are complaning about.

As far as "The Room" is concerned, that was the weakest title in the franchise. The story was pretty well written, but the gameplay was atrocious and you felt like you were grinding like an rpg. C'mon...since when does a sword weigh as much as a box of 8 bullets or woman's purse.

The only thing about Downpour that I don't like based on what I've read is the way they are doing resource management. My opinion is that when you start limiting how much health and ammo one can carry, it takes a way from the game. I loved the other titles because you had the freedom of walking around and picking up gear while you explore the town.

Anyway, first day pickup for me.

Darkly Demon
07-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I can not wait for this game, I've been needing a good scary game that I should be scared to play at night. I've been wanting a good scary game to come out, I got Homecoming, that is a good game I say. I thought it wasn't going to be... The one thing that gets me about this one is the Free roaming & Side-quest part of the game... This is going to be an interesting one indeed.

Ragnarok9415
07-16-2011, 07:01 AM
i personally hope that the silent hill hd collection comes out on 360

RickySlaughter
07-19-2011, 08:30 AM
i personally hope that the silent hill hd collection comes out on 360

Remastered Silent Hill 1 would be amazing<3
As for Downpour.... lets just say I'll be downpouring in buckets when i get it ;D

RIPThatthing
07-25-2011, 04:01 PM
I am very tempted to place a preorder for this. I have only a few G left to get on homecoming and would love to have another excuse to go back to silent hill. ^.^

hayhay91
09-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Looks amazing, I've been waiting for a "dark" game to play

HateCrew720
09-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Man I've been a fan since the beginning. I remember hearing about it at EB, then I played it at my friend's house and just got sucked into it. Those were the days...

Anyway, I'm really forward to this installment and how it's going to be done

8BitSoul
10-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Let's hope this turns out to be at least decent! Homecoming was pure crap... 1-3 are the best in the series, and I do feel that The Room is criminally underrated! It initially started out as a completely different game, under the codename; Room 302. Team Silent started development of the game around the same time as Silent Hill 3. Eventually it turned into Silent Hill 4, and the fans felt it was a major department from the series' original style. I thought it was pretty awesome, though very different indeed! I loved the whole concept of being locked in your apartment, and traveling through the hole in the bathroom to various locations. Since it didn't include the "town" seen in previous installments, it opened up various new locations and never before seen areas to explore. It's not as bad as everybody makes it out to be, it's just very different! And as we all know, the one thing fans fear the most, are major changes in their beloved franchises... As for Downpour, my expectations are extremely low. Especially after playing Origins, Shattered Memories and Homecoming, I have since long lost hopes of ever playing a true to the roots Silent Hill game again. I will give Downpour a chance once it comes out, but it's better to be pleasantly surprised, rather than majorly dissapointed in my opinion! Lets face it: The Silent Hill franchises "golden days" are long gone, and live on in a distant memory among it's many fans!

Sgt Scyther
10-08-2011, 08:23 AM
People can be way too harsh on the later Silent Hill games. Origins and Homecoming weren't perfect, but they were still decent games.

I rank Shattered Memories up there with Silent Hill 3. Shattered Memories was brilliant.

persephone325
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I love Silent Hill games. Hated 3 though. Well, disliked it rather. I can't wait to get this game! First I heard it's release was going to be October 31st, then I was at GS to pre-order it and heard it wasn't coming out until January. On the Silent Hill Wiki it says March 31st. What the hell is going on? Does anyone know when it's actually coming out?! lol

pickel668
01-30-2012, 02:19 AM
I love Silent Hill. I can still remember the first one that came out on the Playstation . I don't care what people say about the game I will play the game and Love it:woop::woop:

Ceris
01-30-2012, 02:55 AM
I actually lol'ed when I saw that this topic was year old :D

FeatherbottomMR
02-20-2012, 12:11 AM
I am excited for this game... I hope it is scary....

Elsentinela
02-28-2012, 07:55 PM
I actually lol'ed when I saw that this topic was year old :D

Me too :biglaugh
But now i realize... i pre-order it since September!!

However, i'm still anxious to play it :rock

TrAvIs7
03-07-2012, 12:54 AM
I am immediately going to try
:dup::dup: :ddown::ddown: :dleft::dright: :dleft::dright: :abut::bbut: