PDA

View Full Version : Money Exploit

Roman672
01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
This is not credited to me as I just found this post. I have not been able to confirm this yet, but it sounds pretty good. I will try it tonight hopefully to confirm it works. Credit goes to sinn991255 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=975303&topic=57969705&user=5180717) from the gamefaqs.com forums.

Ok sorry about all of that confusion if you do not catch what you are typing on a Droid it tries to match words that it thinks belongs. Then I have to fight it to fix it and its frustrating so here goes in coherent human language this time.

1. Purchase the two dlc's Supernova and Martial Law packs.
2. Get to the nearest store in your current game.
3. Purchase the two Detonators that cost 0 credits.
4. Fire the Detonators at the wall carefully so as not to detonate the mines.
5. Pick up the undetonated mines off of the ground.
6. Sell the mines and the two free Detonators back to the store.

MODIFIED
These are extra steps to make this go faster. REQUIRES 13 NODES
7. Buy the Detonator that costs 8000 credits.
8. Fire all ammo from all 3 Detonators
9. Upgrade the capacity of the non-DLC Detonator you just bought ONE TIME.
10. Fire all ammo from all 3 Detonators
11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 until you have filled all capacity up to max and fired all rounds this should net you (3x3 + 4x3 + 5x3 + 6x3 + 7x3) 75 rounds at 200 per round its 15k. By the respec for 5k and it will reset the ammo on all the guns back to 3 (refills their ammo in the weapon as well).
12. Repeat step 11.

I hope that is better and more informative sorry for the confusion.

Wash rinse repeat for unlimited credits and or mines.

No if you choose to upgrade the free ones you will get screwed when you sell them back at a complete loss. Use the paid one for the upgrade and the free ones will also get the upgrade. That way when you sell them back at 0 credits it isn't a loss but a gain. I think when you sell your Detonator with full cap upgrade you loose I think 48000 credits and 8 or 9 nodes.

Again, I found this on the gamefaq forum, so if it doesn't make sense it's not my fault. I will try to confirm that this works tonight unless someone else wants to give it a go.

axeuup
01-29-2011, 04:04 PM
the exploit is on the consumers for buying dlc within a week of launch. any glitch that involes spending 800 microsoft points does not really feel like an exploit on the gamers end.

Roca1202
01-29-2011, 04:23 PM
This is working on my hardcore mode. I just started it (again) and my first station I am coming to I tried it. It may take me a little, but the next station after that, there is a workbench and right after that a node room with the node schem in it. I am going to just sit and do this over and over. Don't care how long it will take. I am going to upgrade my RIG, stasis, plasma cutter and force gun to max. This will make hard core much easier. Thanks for the find!

Roca1202
01-29-2011, 04:28 PM
This is working on my hardcore mode. I just started it (again) and my first station I am coming to I tried it. It may take me a little, but the next station after that, there is a workbench and right after that a node room with the node schem in it. I am going to just sit and do this over and over. Don't care how long it will take. I am going to upgrade my RIG, stasis, plasma cutter and force gun to max. This will make hard core much easier. Thanks for the find!

Update: By doing this on the first station in hardcore mode, I am getting about 1,200 credits in 35 secs. By the time I go back into the station, sell ammo and the 2 weapons, re-buy the weapons, it is about 60 seconds.

Roca1202
01-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Hardcore should be much easier now.

JuSt BLaZe
01-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Man what a JOKE. I ain't spending 800 MS points for this shit. Total waste of money. Going to do Hardcore without it.

Roman672
01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Nobody is disputing that this isn't a waste of real life money. I found this posted from another forum and figured that anyone that was willing to do this or has already purchased these DLC's could use it. It's not constructive to decide to troll and flame over this. If you don't want to buy the DLC then don't and stop going off about it.

JuSt BLaZe
01-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Nobody is disputing that this isn't a waste of real life money. I found this posted from another forum and figured that anyone that was willing to do this or has already purchased these DLC's could use it. It's not constructive to decide to troll and flame over this. If you don't want to buy the DLC then don't and stop going off about it.

In your eyes it's trolling & flaming but it's just my statement & opinion about this for real. Anywayz, never mind...

Roman672
01-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to take it that way, hard to determine tone with writing. Didn't mean to offend.

Dan.Pro
01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
That's really nice, if you get all your guns upgraded, hardcore will be damn much easier! :D

Edit: By the way, could you make a video showing that trick?

Roca1202
01-29-2011, 07:57 PM
That's really nice, if you get all your guns upgraded, hardcore will damn much easier! :D

Edit: By the way, could you make a video showing that trick?

I spent a little time doing it and got my RIG and my Plasma Cutter maxed out and that was only at the second store. I just got to ch 4 on hardcore and it feels like I am playing on normal.

Dan.Pro
01-29-2011, 07:59 PM
I spent a little time doing it and got my RIG and my Plasma Cutter maxed out and that was only at the second store. I just got to ch 4 on hardcore and it feels like I am playing on normal.

Wow, that much?

I need to do that. Last time I've tried HC, I've died at chapter 5 or 6 in the church, got overnumbered and like one hited!

Madfrog0
01-29-2011, 08:33 PM
yea, its not worth spending 800 msp just to make extra credits. 800 msp = $10, add that $10 to a $65 game.

not worth it

ODST Kayne
01-29-2011, 09:05 PM
As much as I want to beat Hardcore, I'm not spending an extra $10 on a game I already payed $80 for. I do plan on buying one DLC because I have 400MSP that isn't going anywhere, but this does look like a good method for those who already bought the DLC.

Free Beer
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Not too shabby, and its not like 800MS is that much. I would like a video though. Anyone?

IISpiderII
01-29-2011, 10:22 PM
For those that don't have the DLC can't you just do steps 7-11? You should have enough money/nodes to use default detonator by chapter 5.

ssgoku2425
01-29-2011, 10:42 PM
well are the dlc's worth getting anyway?

JuSt BLaZe
01-29-2011, 10:46 PM
well are the dlc's worth getting anyway?

See for yourself (check the stats). IMO, so far nope. Waiting for better ones.

YouTube - Dead Space 2 DLC pack info

ssgoku2425
01-29-2011, 11:41 PM
i trust in your word my friend thank you.

Dan.Pro
01-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Hmm... euh. I really wanted to try that glitch, but stupid how it is, I didn't know how to pick up the detonator mines when you've shooted them and I've just passed HC without any glitch and It was actually doable, because I didn't die once on my last run!

Roca1202
01-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Hmm... euh. I really wanted to try that glitch, but stupid how it is, I didn't know how to pick up the detonator mines when you've shooted them and I've just passed HC without any glitch and It was actually doable, because I didn't die once on my last run!

Shoot the mine to the wall. When it goes active, press RB and it will deactivate and fall to the ground. Make sure you wait and it's clear to shoot the next or you will make it explode.

nanochef
01-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Considering the DLC content as mentioned by another member is greater in stats than the equipment included with the CE version of the game I would say its worth the 10 dollars for neat weapons, rather than the 20+ for a CE game with less effective equip... unless of course your interested in the frills packed inside the CE box. plus i was bummed about not being able to pre-order from gamestop in time to get the semi-auto plasma cutter and was going to purchase a DLC anyway.

I think the main point of any "flaming" in this thread isnt about the money but rather the point of earning or enjoying the completion of the game without exploit.

I really doubt the devs care if you exploit their game once they got the cash in their pocket, however embarassing to them it may be.

Thanks for the exploit info, I will most likely save it for Hard Core since Im not in a rush to get upgrade achievements or in need of assistance while playing thru on normal ;) will likely use the infinite node trick at the end.

Also thanks for the non exploit information noting that when you upgrade the normal weapons included with the game, its DLC counterpart is upgraded as well. very helpful.

nanochef
01-30-2011, 05:46 PM
and just the fact that DLC is readily available in DS 1 and in DS 2, DLC that improves your gear is a statement saying that the devs dont care if u pay to make the game easier/more fun!

also note that in DS 1 there was a button combo that recharged your stasis, this didnt disable chievos so, take it how you want it, and get your enjoyment from a game however you decide to get it. just make sure you dont ruin the experience for yourself.