PDA

View Full Version : Zealot Playthrough Weapons

ShaunTighe
01-30-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm about halfway through my second playthrough and afterwards I plan to go through on zealot. I was wondering what weapons you guys would recommend using? So far I have the Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Plasma Rifle fully upgraded, as well as the health on my rig and everything on status. I could easily respec a certain weapon if it wouldn't be good to use. What do you guys think?

DPayne
01-30-2011, 01:20 AM
I recommend getting rid of the Line Gun and putting the nodes in the Force Gun. Trust me it's well worth it. I'm almost complete my final playthrough for the last 50G and it has been a tremendous weapon.

EnteringtheCosmos
01-30-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm about halfway through my second playthrough and afterwards I plan to go through on zealot. I was wondering what weapons you guys would recommend using? So far I have the Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Plasma Rifle fully upgraded, as well as the health on my rig and everything on status. I could easily respec a certain weapon if it wouldn't be good to use. What do you guys think?

You should be ok with that set-up, zealot is pretty easy when your weapons and rig is fully upgraded.

alex1407
01-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Seeker rifle is the shit!!

ShaunTighe
01-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Really? Get rid of the line gun? I was thinking of using the force gun as it can be quite handy in close quarters, but couldn't I just use it with the other 3? Or do you think that would spread ammo to thin. Also should I worry about stockpiling health and such during this easy playthrough?

macgyver893
01-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Well, I'm not there yet, as I'm still doing my first playthrough on Survivalist. But on this run I'm focusing on upgrading the Plasma Cutter, RIG, and Stasis.... as well as getting all my weapon achievements (so not as many credits to buy nodes).

On my second playthrough on Zealot I'll plan on using the Line Gun, Pulse Rifle, and probably Force Gun.

I just got the Flamethrower. Can't wait to see how this will compare to the one in the first game...which stunk!

alex1407
01-30-2011, 01:42 AM
I use Plasma Cutter,Seeker rifle,Line Gun and Force Gun which i rarely use. I did chapter 14 glitch so ammo in not a concern.

ShaunTighe
01-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Not much of an improvement. You should try out the Seeker Rifle as well as the Javalin Gun.

Mister Buds
01-30-2011, 02:13 AM
just out of curiosity, what do you guys like so much about the force gun? i personally don't use it, but i did give it a try. the primary fire doesn't kill enemies but it does knock them back a bit. do you use the alternate fire after that to injure them? i'd imagine switching weapons would take too long and allow some enemies to stand up again.

i was planning on doing my hardcore playthrough with just the plasma cutter and pulse rifle.

ShadowAmon21
01-30-2011, 02:37 AM
The force gun is my favorite gun because when upgraded it kills any enemy other than bosses in 1 to 3 hits. It also is good for crowd control and the alt fire is a long range blast.

Miles Prower CC
01-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Yeah the Force Gun is pretty devastating. The primary fire kills fragile enemies in a very wide cone, you can blast a fourth of the pack with a single shot at times. It's also a great panic weapon to push tougher enemies back away from you if you're getting swamped.

The alternate fire blasts through multiple targets in a straight line and when upgrades I've taken down enhanced Slashers with a single attack. And it doesn't really require much aim, you just point it at them and shoot it.

Miles Prower CC
01-30-2011, 02:49 AM
I think there's a lot of potential for the Detonator as a weapon for more tactical engineers, but it wouldn't be attractive to engineers who prefer brute force.

The Detonator is pretty useful when you need to focus on the enemies ahead of you. If you walk into a hallway odds are the necromorph will attack from both ends of the hallway, you just drop some mines behind you as you go and they'll take care of flanking necromorph so you can focus on what's ahead of you. And if you're wrong and nothing came from behind, you just deactive the mines and recover them for later use. But it's a weapon only suited to engineers prefering a more thought out approach.

Free Beer
01-30-2011, 04:49 AM
Ok, I can't believe no one mentioned this but... The Contact Beam is by far the best weapon in the game, ESPECIALLY when its upgraded the primary fire turns enemies to juice, and the secondary ground pound kill almost anything in close range, knocks down anything near you and with the special lets out a stasis blast all around you. So anything you don't kill is frozen.

Best. Gun. Ever.:uzi:

Aesir Renegade
01-30-2011, 07:54 AM
I am still playing through my first time and I seem to be using the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper a lot. I do like to have the Seeker Rifle around for the big guys though.

ODST Kayne
01-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Ok, I can't believe no one mentioned this but... The Contact Beam is by far the best weapon in the game, ESPECIALLY when its upgraded the primary fire turns enemies to juice, and the secondary ground pound kill almost anything in close range, knocks down anything near you and with the special lets out a stasis blast all around you. So anything you don't kill is frozen.

Best. Gun. Ever.:uzi:

I love the Contact Beam. I don't see why everyone likes the Force Gun so much. The Contact Beam is the best in terms of raw damage. 1 hitting a black slasher just by charging up and hitting him center mass is great.

tpb
01-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Im on my first playthrough, started on Zealot, Im on Chapter 6 and all I have is the Plasma Cutter... its so good for specific targeting... The Line Gun was good in DS1 for those emergencies so I will probably pick that up at some point...

XxINYOUREYE11xX
01-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Upgrade the flamethrower, best gun in the game for ammo prices, killing power and it works no matter how many enemies are attacking and you don't have to aim for limbs, kills everything in 2 seconds. You can kill up to 30 enemies without having to reload which is also a plus. I've used all the weapons in this game fully upgraded and all I carry is a plasma cutter and flamethrower fully upgraded. If you all don't believe me try it out. :uzi:

JuSt BLaZe
01-30-2011, 06:07 PM
I only used the Plasmacutter & Pulserifle and I was good. Of course upgraded. ;)

Cataclysm49
01-30-2011, 07:44 PM
I used the Plasma Cutter (general use), Line Gun (Lurkers mostly), Pulse Rifle (tiny crawlers like the ones that pop out of the bloated enemies), and the Javelin Gun. Javelin Gun is very underrated; great for taking down stalkers and brutes. For brute, just stasis and two shots to each shoulder weak point to kill.