PDA

View Full Version : Trap Achievement & Arena

JONBLEACH
01-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Alright so today I came across the Trapper Skill Book and was all pumped to get the achievement because i have lots of traps and bombs.

So I put like 3-4 points into the skill and started laying traps on the ground via crouching and pressing x, y, b.

Then i checked the stats and it still said i have 0 traps layed.
What the heck is wrong, is this achievement glitched out? :eek: :confused:

Also about the Arena achievement, i currently have quests for the Mages,Thieves and merchant guilds that i got from the Billboards @ mages and in front of Hatmandor.

But where is the Arena held at?

MADasaHatter
01-30-2011, 04:36 AM
The traps have to catch an enemy, it's not just about planting them. And the Arena opens up later in the story.

chichan123
01-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Yes the trap has to be triggered by an enemy but not necessarily kill them...its pretty easy later in the game with skeletons....they just run straight into it.

But on the other hand summoning monsters works much easier....just keep summoning monsters and drink mana potions.The achievement pops up in less than five mins

PenderPowguin
01-30-2011, 06:13 AM
I just got the trapper achievement, through using the method of mass gambling/save/load in the first town I ran into a trap skill book. Saved my game, bought it, ran on and trapped 40 animals re-loaded :)

Now I am just waiting for the battle cry book to appear.

Also, how do you successfully knockback someone? or was it knockdown?

chichan123
01-30-2011, 08:53 AM
You have to use sword,spear or poleaxe to get knockdown and yes also the Humbling Blow skill. When you invest enough skill pts to it u can knockdown enemies. As soon as the enemy is knock down finish him off with any of the above weapons. Its indicated by a slow motion killing animation. You can get it without even trying if u are a melee character

PenderPowguin
01-30-2011, 02:44 PM
You have to use sword,spear or poleaxe to get knockdown and yes also the Humbling Blow skill. When you invest enough skill pts to it u can knockdown enemies. As soon as the enemy is knock down finish him off with any of the above weapons. Its indicated by a slow motion killing animation. You can get it without even trying if u are a melee character

Oh nice, thanks man.

I've got my character set up right now with like 15 extra skills points (I've been allocating them to get achievements, then reloading to get the next ones) So, now I'll be on the lookout for Humbling Blow and Battle cry. Thanks alot man!

MADasaHatter
01-30-2011, 04:27 PM

Just to clarify, you don't have to finish the enemy off. I just kept using Humbling Blow on the same varn. As soon as he got up, I kicked him again. It does 0 damage so you can just keep doing it.

PenderPowguin
01-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Just to clarify, you don't have to finish the enemy off. I just kept using Humbling Blow on the same Vela. As soon as he got up, I kicked him again. It does 0 damage so you can just keep doing it.

Oh nice, even better!

Thank you as well!

Wardancer
01-30-2011, 07:24 PM
The trap skill book can be found in the dungeon under the Tower of Fangs. You'll have to progress a bit in the main quest line before you can go there. Anyway, pretty much at the beginning of that dungeon you get the skill book. And with all the narrow corridors it's pretty easy to lure enemies into your traps. Blade traps are nice as they are reusable. I gor the achievement in that same dungeon without trying really hard.

JONBLEACH
01-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Alright ya i figured they might have to actually hit something, so i was trying to lay them near rhinos and other animals in the savanah (do they count on animals???)

but the animals never ran into them
and do only traps work or do the bombs work aswell?

im now lvl 20 or 21 and my main quest is with Basil and the package

PenderPowguin
01-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Alright ya i figured they might have to actually hit something, so i was trying to lay them near rhinos and other animals in the savanah (do they count on animals???)

but the animals never ran into them
and do only traps work or do the bombs work aswell?

im now lvl 20 or 21 and my main quest is with Basil and the package

I've had no problems baiting animals into the traps (yes they count) but if needed, just set up like 3-4 in a row (or even just the one) and bait larger enemies like varn or whatever. Then pick up the trap, run away and repeat until they're dead/you get the achievement.

MADasaHatter
01-30-2011, 11:29 PM
The traps are real simple guys.

The animals you want to aim for are boars, cheetahs and ostriches.

So the boar has an attack pattern of running away and then charging, then running away again. Set up a trap, run to the boar and then when it runs towards you, back up directly behind the trap. It should charge in and get caught. Then run a few feet away and set up another trap and stand behind it. The boar will break loose and charge you and get caught. Run over to the first trap, set it up again and wait behind it. Boars die in like three traps.

Ostriches work the same way, though they keep charging like a rhino.

The cheetahs attack pattern is that they wait from a distance and attack when you get near. So when they are waiting to pounce, walk a few feet up- not where they can attack you- and set up a trap. Then walk forward, get them to charge and then back up over your trap. It's harder with them but boars and ostriches are the easiest to do this with. Hope this helps.

JONBLEACH
01-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Ya thanks guys, i actually got the Trapper achievement while doing the Arena, i used the re-usable trap on the Cyclops. Got both Trapper and Arena achievements now