PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 7 Disc change auto save for hardcore - QUESTION

Free Beer
01-30-2011, 04:39 AM
From what I understand you get an auto-matic save for the disc switch, which basically acts as a free save on hardcore. All I have to do is switch the discs, then hypothetically I can just turn the game off after the game switch Will there just automatically be a save game file on my list for it? I'm just confused as to work it works, sorry if this is a dumb question.

Roca1202
01-30-2011, 04:45 AM
I don't know what to tell you on that. I tried it about 2 hours ago. I got to ch 7 and only used a save on ch 4. I did the disc swap and even saw that on the screen it said "Chapter 7" so I was like cool. Then went back an hour later and loaded the game and it said to insert disc 1 and then it started me at ch 4. No big deal because it was not hard to get there but would like to save myself from doing it again.

Sent via DROID X

FSparacino4
01-30-2011, 04:47 AM
From what I understand you get an auto-matic save for the disc switch, which basically acts as a free save on hardcore. All I have to do is switch the discs, then hypothetically I can just turn the game off after the game switch Will there just automatically be a save game file on my list for it? I'm just confused as to work it works, sorry if this is a dumb question.

You CANT shut off your game after the disc switch. It acts as more of a checkpoint than a 4th save. Dying after the switch sends you back to it, but you need to actually save to shut your console off.

Free Beer
01-30-2011, 04:50 AM
You CANT shut off your game after the disc switch. It acts as more of a checkpoint than a 4th save. Dying after the switch sends you back to it, but you need to actually save to shut your console off.

Thanks you thats exactly what I needed to know. Good lookin' out dude.