PDA

View Full Version : Cob Cannons?

LiLBrOwNiE247
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
The only achievement I have left in this game is the 40 flag survival one. I've been browsing the interwebz and found a mix of strategies that do and don't use cob cannons. Some people say that the aiming reticule for the cannons are a bit clumsy and slow, while others say that they are extremely good for gargantuars. So what should I do? Haven't started anything yet so I'm open to suggestions.

Prelude2disastr
02-02-2011, 08:24 PM
The major downfall for cob-cannons is the huge price and the reload time. They're brilliantly effective when you have a swarm of gargantuars but short of that, they just aren't really all that helpful.

It'll take you a couple of tries to get into the swing of things so i would suggest doing one attempt without and then another with. See which you find easiest to manage. For my next attempt I'm leaving them on the shelf for some extra insta-kills.

LiLBrOwNiE247
02-03-2011, 12:10 AM
The major downfall for cob-cannons is the huge price and the reload time. They're brilliantly effective when you have a swarm of gargantuars but short of that, they just aren't really all that helpful.

It'll take you a couple of tries to get into the swing of things so i would suggest doing one attempt without and then another with. See which you find easiest to manage. For my next attempt I'm leaving them on the shelf for some extra insta-kills.

Alright, I'll try a cobless setup the first time through. I don't know how on earth I'll be able to comprehend all the action taking at place during the higher waves though. From watching YouTube vids, it looks like you have to deal with a battalion of zombies every single flag.

Tahae T
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
i think its just mainly about maintaining that main line of defense once you have your damage setup completed. Good luck! I am also trying to go for this achievement and the tree one.

BTW - Any tips on making money easy? i been doing co-op bowling, getting bout 3k per game? that good?

LiLBrOwNiE247
02-04-2011, 08:58 PM
BTW - Any tips on making money easy? i been doing co-op bowling, getting bout 3k per game? that good?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100515184240/plantsvszombies/images/thumb/4/4c/Laststandgloom.jpg/501px-Laststandgloom.jpg (http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/index.php?title=Last_Stand&image=Laststandgloom-jpg)

Gets you 8k each time, never fails.

Tahae T
02-06-2011, 04:30 PM
thank you for the image - i shall give this a try, where exactly am i to try this setup though? endless zombies?

LiLBrOwNiE247
02-06-2011, 05:22 PM
thank you for the image - i shall give this a try, where exactly am i to try this setup though? endless zombies?

Last stand minigame, it's one of the later ones you unlock.

WheelzthatKeelz
04-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Don't use cob cannons, whenever I used them I'd go to press a on them and move over to the zombies but it wouldn't register so I'd have to do it again and make sure i take my time with it. So i gave up on them and got it on my first go