PDA

View Full Version : Two Worlds 2 Rent or Buy?

XGearskillerX
01-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Should i rent it or buy it? I love RPGs and i've heard it's a hundred hours if you do everything, so i'd like to take my time with it. I hated the first Two Worlds but like RPGs like Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fable 1 & 2, Risen, Borderlands, Fallout 3, and Lost Odyssey. Thanks.

judd90
01-31-2011, 07:44 AM
As far as I know its a pretty long game so I'd say buy.

General Boredom
01-31-2011, 08:52 AM
Buy it. If you can get past the awful voice acting, you'll find a very enjoyable RPG. I have no idea how long the main game will last, but I'm about 5 hours in and I'm still on Chapter 1. Even then, there's the multiplayer campaign as well.

True I Skill
01-31-2011, 09:31 AM
I have a question, Sort of thought it should be posted here and not have another thread.
I am sort of picky with RPG's. i did not Enjoy oblivion, i think that was because i played fallout first, i loved fallout3 and new vegas, Loved fable 1-3. But thats pretty much it, atm im stuggling to enjoy mass effect 1. But then i really enjoy alpha protocol.

So as u can tell i have abit of a mixed Opinion on rpg's. So does anyone think this game is for me? Do you have to be really into rpg's to like this game? And is it a one play through sort of RPG? with most rpg's i have played i will play through the game two or three times, playing as maybe a evil character, Or specialize in somthing else. But on gameplay i saw what looked like a sword based character just magically change into a wizard. So is there any reason to play through the game with diffrent styles or do i just playthrough once and be a stealthy brute wizard archer all at the same time?

judd90
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
I have a question, Sort of thought it should be posted here and not have another thread.
I am sort of picky with RPG's. i did not Enjoy oblivion, i think that was because i played fallout first, i loved fallout3 and new vegas, Loved fable 1-3. But thats pretty much it, atm im stuggling to enjoy mass effect 1. But then i really enjoy alpha protocol.

So as u can tell i have abit of a mixed Opinion on rpg's. So does anyone think this game is for me? Do you have to be really into rpg's to like this game? And is it a one play through sort of RPG? with most rpg's i have played i will play through the game two or three times, playing as maybe a evil character, Or specialize in somthing else. But on gameplay i saw what looked like a sword based character just magically change into a wizard. So is there any reason to play through the game with diffrent styles or do i just playthrough once and be a stealthy brute wizard archer all at the same time?
I heard this is a lot like Oblivion so probably not for you. Try NIER not many people like it but since you've got mixed taste in RPG's you might like it.

I can't believe your having trouble liking Mass Effect lol Mass Effect 1 and 2 are the best games out :)

True I Skill
01-31-2011, 01:26 PM
I heard this is a lot like Oblivion so probably not for you. Try NIER not many people like it but since you've got mixed taste in RPG's you might like it.

I can't believe your having trouble liking Mass Effect lol Mass Effect 1 and 2 are the best games out :)

Ok thanks, il take a look at NIER
And mass effect is a good game, I think i just brought it at the wrong time and couldnt get into it because of so many other cool games i had got arround the same time.

Epsilon 616
01-31-2011, 02:19 PM
If you enjoy RPGs, then buy it.

Its a renter for Achievement hunters, but it will take awhile to beat it no doubt. Those who have Gamefly will hold on to this one awhile. I have invested over 60 hours in the game, however, have only played about a hour of the campaign.

All my time has been hoarded in MP with a friend. We have been doing the Co-op story every other night and with two of us it takes 3 to 5 hours each night. Its fun and it makes me wish they made more fantasy rpgs with multi-player.

PenderPowguin
01-31-2011, 03:52 PM
I have no idea how long the main game will last, but I'm about 5 hours in and I'm still on Chapter 1. Even then, there's the multiplayer campaign as well.

It all depends on how you play. I personally am 10 hours in , and haven't even completed the first quest in CH1.

If you want to run through to enjoy the storyline, I'd imagine it could take as little as 14-20 hours give or take.

If you like to explore every cranny, level up until your eyes hurt from grinding, loot every possible container then you'll get a healthy amount of game play for sure.

Now if you're like me, and you do the previous AND you love magic type characters then you should be in love. As I said, I am still on the first quest because of the said before and because I have been experimenting with the magic. I'm sure I'll get well over 100 hours in my first playthrough.

Not to mention multiplayer, which I haven't tried yet (I'm afraid to get addicted to it and that would cease my SP adventure, I'm not ready for that yet) you can see that this game is starting to hit off. People are starting to realize that it's predessor does it no justice.

This game is beautiful, the scenery is very pleasing. The physics are amazing, the gameplay is also amazing. I sincerely believe that this game's engine (Grace) will be utilized through different developers. They did a fantastic job, definitely BUY it.

XGearskillerX
01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
For people who have the game, is this review accurate? YouTube - Two Worlds 2 Video Review

PenderPowguin
01-31-2011, 07:14 PM
For people who have the game, is this review accurate? YouTube - Two Worlds 2 Video Review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6FRE9WgDXc)

For the most part, yes.

MADasaHatter
01-31-2011, 09:15 PM
The review was on point.

Look, with the entire lack of new rpgs on the 360 in the last few months, I'm playing the sh!t out of Two Worlds 2 and enjoying it.

That's my review.;)

Frankie Godskin
01-31-2011, 09:30 PM
The review is correct. Funny, I installed the game on my hard drive before playing it, so I never had that severe pop-up. And the babboons aren't flinging rocks.:eek:

BuzzerBeater911
02-01-2011, 12:05 AM
With all this being said about the length of the game, how long does it take to get all of the achievements (if I were to only go for those, without enjoying the game to the fullest)?

PenderPowguin
02-01-2011, 12:20 AM
With all this being said about the length of the game, how long does it take to get all of the achievements (if I were to only go for those, without enjoying the game to the fullest)?

Well, that's a question suited for someone with all of the achievements...

I honestly couldn't even give you a ballpark because I haven't even completed the first mission in the first chapter yet(10 hours of gametime so far)