PDA

View Full Version : What character build have you found best for this game?

Cohh
01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
So, what are you playing in TW2 atm? Have you found your experience to be difficult, easy, too easy? What would you change?

I'll go ahead and start.

Focuses: Fire Magic, Magic skills, Lockpicking, Crafts
Difficulty: Easy to Too Easy
Spell focuses: DD Fireball (10 Fire/10 Projectile, 1 Homing)
Summons: Ussually Scorpions (10 power/10 Summon)
Don't use too many other spells (sometimes Manashield if I'm zoning into a fight, and if I'm running around, Endurance regen).

With this build, I'm pretty much a full mage. Most enemies die to just a few fireballs at this point, and the summons (with the damage increases) can absolutely rip through whatever I need to. For equipment, I'm using mostly rings/gems with Willpower % +s or Carry Weight +s (have around 320 carry weight but a lot of unslotted gems, shooting for around 500+ when finished).

I have maxed Summon skills, Mana regen skills, will power, all the card upgrades, and just fire. As much of a powerhouse as this build is, It's definitely a one trick pony. I haven't run into a fire immune enemy yet (just hit chapter 2), but I'm dreading the day.

I'm thinking of hitting a regressor and switching to either Necro or Earth. The fact that either line has multiple ways to do damage seems like it could be a great choice (although I'm not a fan of poison damage, and Earth is all melee based so not sure how well that works).

Anyway, what's been working for you guys? :p

PenderPowguin
01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
So, what are you playing in TW2 atm? Have you found your experience to be difficult, easy, too easy? What would you change?

I'll go ahead and start.

Focuses: Fire Magic, Magic skills, Lockpicking, Crafts
Difficulty: Easy to Too Easy
Spell focuses: DD Fireball (10 Fire/10 Projectile, 1 Homing)
Summons: Ussually Scorpions (10 power/10 Summon)
Don't use too many other spells (sometimes Manashield if I'm zoning into a fight, and if I'm running around, Endurance regen).

Possible spoilers below...

Alrighty, I am still on CH1 and I haven't done any progression in this CH yet (Still on the quest to talk to the person in Bayan about a horse) At the moment I am lvl 13 about to hit 14.

Attributes: Endurance - 12, Strength - 7, Accuracy - 7, Willpower - 60?
Focused Skills: every magic school, Fire is currently maxed and now working on the others. I have the mana regen. maxed as well. Also investing in Wisdom and any others that affect my spell building. I haven't really invested points into anything other than magic (1-2 points on other skills, might start building up heath regen?)
Difficulty: As always, normal.
Spell focuses: Right now, major in fire spells but I am building up the others. My main attack spell as of now is a homing-fire ball that on impact does a radial shock damage.

I have been experimenting with all forms of magic in my whole 10 hours of game play so far. No story progression, just playing dice to buy new cards and practicing magic on the enemies on the island. Everytime I make a useful spell I write it down in a notebook here at home.

I've got a physical resistance buff, a healing spell, a stamina regen, a cyclone spell, a walk on water spell, among others. I also play with summons as well, but I haven't utilized them in battle or my spell repetoire as of yet.

So, I guess I am full mage. I usually am in RPG's, this game rewards you even more being a mage because of the seemingly endless possibilities with spell creation. That is probably why I am having trouble doing the quests...I think I'll start doing them tonight, then again maybe not.

JONBLEACH
02-01-2011, 04:38 AM
Im a Warrior for SP.
I was using alot of skills and different things during the start of the game mostly for achievements.

Now im level 31 in Chapter II on New Ashos Island.
I regressed all my skills back down after I reached this Island and this is what I did:

I only put points into Health & Strength - dont use a bow or use magic

For my skills:
Maxed out all the basic skills (health regen - resitances - stamina)
Maxed out Lockpick - Metalburgy
And I put alot points into death strike and Sneak cause im still working on the death strike achievement.
Oh and I maxed out Thievery cause im working on that achievement aswell/

For weapons Im using an Elven Polearm for Slash DMG
And i have a beastlty axe that does Slash Blunt and alot of diff magice DMGS that i recieved from a quest.