PDA

View Full Version : Help level 12

hYpac0w
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm stuck at level 12 on normal mode can anybody tell me how to do it?
I even watched a video walkthrough on youtube where a guy shows how to beat the level on iphone. I expected the versions to be the same but if I do everything exactly like in the video the last wave of enemies just runs through and I lose... It's really frustrating!

jorax
02-01-2011, 12:37 AM
As many of the big lasers as you can fit in there, with trenches and cheap guys to protect them from fire. I don't recall having an issue with this level and got Wipe Them Out on the last few levels on my first try using the above strategy.

hYpac0w
02-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I put 4 of the big lasers on the right side with a line of weak guys as protection but enough of the last enemies to get me down walk pass them... Guess I should keep trying.

jorax
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I tend to set up like this on most of the late maps:

LL
LL = Laser (they take up 4 slots)
P = power
T = trench with cheap infantry in them
t = empty trench (for making longer routes)
- = open space

--t---TLLP------t-
--t-t-TLL--TTTT-t-
--t-t-TLLP-TLL--t-
--t-t-TLL--TLLP-t-
--t-t-TLLP-TLL--t-
--t-t-TLL--TLLP-t-
--t-t-TTTT-TLL--t-
----t------TLLP---

This forces the enemies to zig-zag in front of my high damage lasers (which are protected from incidental fire by cheap infantry). I often have to replace one or two infantry per wave. Obviously you have to work with the terrain that each level has, but this is the basic idea. Long path with as many of the best weapons you can get with some fodder to keep them safe.

jorax
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Also, I skipped the tutorial info my first time through and didn't realize if you wait for more of the green resource icons and collect them all at once (with a sweeping motion instead of individual taps) you get multipliers which add up to a LOT more resources of the course of each map. You may already know this, but I felt really dumb when I figured it out during level 7'ish on my Medium playthrough.

hYpac0w
02-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the help but I still couldn't beat that damn level...

I do it exactly like in this video:
YouTube - Star Wars: The Battle for Hoth Walkthrough Level 12

It's so frustrating when you play about 10min without any problems but then the 25th wave runs you down...

jorax
02-03-2011, 08:55 PM
As I recall I put a big laser on that middle raised area (power behind it) with cheap infantry/trenches around it. The arrangement in the video of the back 4 big lasers isn't bad, but he could put a few empty trenches above them to make a slightly longer path. I didn't use too many of the heavy infantry like the video does though, but they are great fillers for some decent damage in places big lasers won't fit.

Verkunder
03-19-2011, 01:54 PM
I've tried it exactly like the video and they still waltz right through. I even upgraded all of the dudes, unlike him. I've given up getting Wipe Them Out, but when you can't even complete the level, the game is broken. I hate this game. Glad I spent money on 21 achievement points.