PDA

View Full Version : The Sims Kinect and SSX Kinect

JeJans
01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Ea has registered several domains under both the sims and SSX! This is awsome new imo!

KinectSSX.com (http://whois.domaintools.com/kinectssx.com)
SSXKinect.com (http://whois.domaintools.com/ssxkinect.com)
SimsKinect.com (http://whois.domaintools.com/simskinect.com)
TheSimsKinect.com (http://whois.domaintools.com/thesimskinect.com)

JeJans
01-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Im really excited about SSX. that chould be really cool! The sims, not so intressested. Maybe if itīs some cool achievements in there

Capn Doug
01-31-2011, 09:28 PM
I was addicted to the Sims 3 until I completed it. I would pick up a Sims Kinect game if it is done right.

WhoStoleMyKiwis
02-01-2011, 02:39 AM
If they go through with Sims Kinect, I could definitely look into buying it. But, In a way I can't think of a way they can go about doing it :confused:.

As for KinectSSX, that sounds like a good change from the Kinect Sports' and the Kinect Adventures.

TAI JASON
02-01-2011, 09:05 AM
How the hell i do a grab in ssx with kinect? Jump + grab in the air?!?

I wait for the "real" next gen ssx for controllers...it looks awesome!

JeJans
02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
How the hell i do a grab in ssx with kinect? Jump + grab in the air?!?

I wait for the "real" next gen ssx for controllers...it looks awesome!

They have announced a new SSX for regullar controllers... my guess is that they will make it kinect compatible so the choice is yours. I will probebly play with a controller as well but kinect compatible is a nice little touch if the get it to work corectly

TAI JASON
02-01-2011, 09:40 AM
They have announced a new SSX for regullar controllers... my guess is that they will make it kinect compatible so the choice is yours. I will probebly play with a controller as well but kinect compatible is a nice little touch if the get it to work corectly

I don't get how they transfer a 180° turn + grab + jump in the air ?!?!

Well let's see what they do....

ashleary
02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I think the only way that Kinect games can be totally succesful outside the 'party' games is to mix Kinect with controller. 60 or 70 percent controller controlled game and then the other 30 or 40 percent with Kinect.

That way you're not relying soley on the longevity of the Kinect features with games and they're open to all xbox users not just those with Kinect.

TAI JASON
02-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I think the only way that Kinect games can be totally succesful outside the 'party' games is to mix Kinect with controller. 60 or 70 percent controller controlled game and then the other 30 or 40 percent with Kinect.

That way you're not relying soley on the longevity of the Kinect features with games and they're open to all xbox users not just those with Kinect.

AND thats the POINT! Exact my words. MS need to hand over a little stick for one hand with a digistick and 2 buttons and one trigger. You can't use Kinect in a full game without straight controlls in a 3D space.

Pyrochaos
02-01-2011, 04:12 PM

I was talking to some friends, just BSing, about how they should make a Final Fantasy Kinect. Where you use the controller for running around, but the battles use kinect. Then I thought 'hell, that might actually work.'

Gun-Nut
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I could imagine The Sims working with Kinect! Had never really occurred to me before but I would try it out.

JeJans
02-01-2011, 04:49 PM
In the year coming i hope microsoft and the game developers prove that they can make the most of the kinect

BlandYoshi
02-01-2011, 04:53 PM
In the year coming i hope microsoft and the game developers prove that they can make the most of the kinect

I agree. I really want it to succeed since I don't want my kinect to go to waste like my Wii pretty much has....

LoLMan21
02-03-2011, 05:36 AM

I would like to see this too. I do own a Kinect. The games right now seem so unattractive to me. I like the idea, but none of these titles make me want to spend my hard earn money on them.

Ive always been a fan of the Sims series. It should be interesting how they make the game.

Xonnox
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
those site's doesn't work but is there really a sims game cominbg out for kinect? that would be great!!

JeJans
02-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Well of course they dont work:) They have only registered the domainnames

snazzyskier
02-04-2011, 02:12 AM
The Sims... really? I don't see it.

maur1c1o
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
The sims kinect huh that could be interested time will tell

RichXbox360
02-04-2011, 05:42 PM
The Sims is one of the most overrated games franchises in existance IMO, I found The Sims 2 boring as heck, and only bought the first one cos my little cousin pestered me to get the PC version of it based on the hype.