PDA

View Full Version : Quest Help New Ashos *Spoilers*

JONBLEACH
01-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Alright so 15 hours in i finally reached Chapter 2 @ level 30.
I finished a few quests in the town but now i have a bunch of quests and bulletin quests that are on the right side of the Ashos island but i cant get to that part because there are no paths/roads.

The only thing i think that connects both sides is THE SCAVENGER CAMP
When im there the gate is locked(redlock) and there are 4 ppl outside but you cant talk to them.

There are about 3-4 quests past the camp and the 3rd rune quest too but i cant get past it.

** Another quest that i think is glitched is under the mages guild part.
Its about getting a grant for the lecture you do in the university.
I go to where the marker leads me (he is supposed to meet me in the building) but he is never in the building, there is a red locked door and another room where a random old man is in but thats all.

mrj3d
02-01-2011, 03:18 AM
To get through the Scavenger Camp you must advance the story a ways. You're sent from the university to talk to a mage there. It grants you access to that whole central area called The Shallows.

As for the grant quest, I don't know what to tell you on that one. When I went into the building he was sitting inside one of the rooms. Maybe leave the area for a while?

JONBLEACH
02-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Yes about the Grant quest, i finally went back into the University trying to find any guys i could talk to and then after that i went to the building and he was finally in there/

Cohh
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
*Spoilers ^^*

Is this Sevir's quest? The one where you went to the island and killed the werewolves then were told to head back?

If so, then what should happen is:

You come back to mage guild, go down stairs; on the right side, two people should have a brief conversation about the previous lecture. They will then walk down the hallway. Following them, you'll have a brief scene with Sevir(sp). He will then lead you into the main room. Now in my game, when this walk started, Sevir(sp) got frozen against a mob. I tried for about 5 minutes to push him with my character out of the way, but he wouldn't budge. Moving into the main room where I was suppose to be didn't trigger anything either. I zoned out and in; the entire event was gone; the door was locked, and the quest, still incomplete, in my journal. Reloaded my last save (Autosave every 5 mins 4tw!) and went in. Sevir got hung up on the SAME guy... This time though, took out my weapons, which freaked out the whole room, and Sevir finally started walking again. This time, he walked all the way to the front, which triggered a scene, and continued the quest.

So maybe you zoned out at some point when on that step? That's the only thing I can think would really bork this quest.

And yeah, can confirm like the above poster, you need to move through the story and meet with the mage in that town to continue exploring that area :)

OneBgBdArtemis
03-08-2011, 06:19 PM
To get through the Scavenger Camp you must advance the story a ways. You're sent from the university to talk to a mage there. It grants you access to that whole central area called The Shallows.

As for the grant quest, I don't know what to tell you on that one. When I went into the building he was sitting inside one of the rooms. Maybe leave the area for a while?
Or, you could do what I did. I made a potion using a Werebeast Spine for a super jump potion and jump over the gate, then go get the quests done. On the way you'll unlock some teleports, but, beware, the baddies in the Swallows are not what you're used to. I took a level 32 in there and it's pretty rough going, but it gives a lot of experience points for the baddies, also be ready to be surrounded during every fight!! Good luck

LTC PUDIE 42X
03-15-2011, 05:04 PM
For the rune quest you dont go through the Swallows as its blocked off all around by a cliff. Just go to the docks and buy a boat for three thousand or just walk the long way around, and dont try to swim very long youll drown.