PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Items during Battles?

Hammerdrake
02-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Hello, I'm getting into this game and really enjoying it. I've got some questions about items and item drops:

1. For bezels and hexes dropped in battle, are they automatically collected at the end of battle if the battle is won?

2. Do they ever disolve during battle?

3. Other than bezels and hexes does anything else get dropped during battle?

4. If an enemy picks them up, and then is defeated, are the bezels/hexes returned automatically, or are they dropped onto the battlefield?

5. Do I get less items at the end of battle if I win via Leader assualt?

6. Do I get more items if I destory all armour/every facing of the opponent?

7. Why are some inventory items green?

8. Will the purpose of Ice Cream become clear?

Thanks!

Ooyah
02-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I will do the best that I can here!

Hello, I'm getting into this game and really enjoying it. I've got some questions about items and item drops:

1. For bezels and hexes dropped in battle, are they automatically collected at the end of battle if the battle is won?

Yes.

2. Do they ever disolve during battle?

As far as I can tell, no.

3. Other than bezels and hexes does anything else get dropped during battle?

Yep. Items that can be used in synthesis, or sold. Also, if you score a bonus hit when the enemy is in the air, you will get quite a few silver and gold chips. You may also get grenades and other useful items. Also, some enemies will drop mission specific objects, such as dolls.

4. If an enemy picks them up, and then is defeated, are the bezels/hexes returned automatically, or are they dropped onto the battlefield?

The bezel pieces are, but I am not sure about the objects. I would assume that the enemy will drop them once you defeat them and then, as I say, everything is automatically collected.

5. Do I get less items at the end of battle if I win via Leader assualt?

Yes, because the other enemies will not drop their items. You need to kill them to get hold of what they have.

6. Do I get more items if I destory all armour/every facing of the opponent?

Yes, and sometimes destroying a body part / armour will result in a special or rare item, usually for synthesis use.

Sorry, but I have been wondering that myself!!! I just cannot figure it out.

I have tried using it, but have not been able to discern any effects. The characters always seem quite happy to get it, though. :)

I am sure that someone else will fill in the blanks, but I hope that this helps somewhat.

And I would like to ask... :)

9 - At what level do silver medals become available in the arena? Is it 20 as I suspect? I am very much wanting the EXP trainer. :)

10 - Can a character wear two EXP trainers at once?

Koompbala
02-03-2011, 09:09 PM

That simply means they are categorized as new. A item will be "new" forever until you use it. Just like Beastiary entries it will be green forever til you actually hit A and select it to view then it will be green no more.

There's still no point to the ice cream

9 - At what level do silver medals become available in the arena? Is it 20 as I suspect? I am very much wanting the EXP trainer.

21 for silver and 41 for gold

10 - Can a character wear two EXP trainers at once?

All I can really say is try it I never have taken off Auto-Trigger so I usually swap out one ring at a time per person.

Ooyah
02-04-2011, 08:33 AM
That simply means they are categorized as new. A item will be "new" forever until you use it. Just like Beastiary entries it will be green forever til you actually hit A and select it to view then it will be green no more.

There's still no point to the ice cream

21 for silver and 41 for gold

All I can really say is try it I never have taken off Auto-Trigger so I usually swap out one ring at a time per person.

Thanks for the info! I am currently on Chapter 5, so I guess that I have some time to wait until arena level 21 becomes available. Once I reach that though, I will definitely try equipping two EXP trainers, and will report the results, if a definitive answer is not given before then. I am kind of thinking that the game will not allow it, as that combined with the extra experience terminals could make levelling a bit too easy... maybe. :)

Ooyah
02-15-2011, 01:13 PM
So I did a test with the double EXP Trainer, and it does seem to work. I did the same arena challenge, in the same way, first with no EXP Trainer, then one trainer, and then two, and the difference in gained experience was noticeable. So you can have the 1.5 exp terminal, the double effect terminal, and six EXP Trainers (two per character) on the go at once in the arena.

The only problem is that you need to kill the Golden Blob in 20.3 to get the extra trainers, and the poor little thing is so useful for ultra fast machine gun levels. :( Probably best to do that for as long as cen be tolerated before progressing. I have Zep at level 93 machine gun, and it makes a world of difference! :)