PDA

View Full Version : Staff damage

bok249
02-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Does the damage listed on staves add to spell damage or not? I keep spells of multiple damage types but only use 1 staff to keep from cluttering up my inventory. I've tried casting on creatures that dont have any listed defensive strengths to make sure there are no damage modifiers, using different spell types of varying damage level. For example my fire spell that does 1.2k damage does twice as much damage as my 600 damage ice spell on said creature. However I get the same results regardless of which elemental staff I'm using so it would appear that staff damage actually has no effect. I guess that answers my question, but the fact that the staves do have damage numbers listed makes me think i'm missing someone... anyone else have an answer?

ConfederateSuga
02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Sadly, the elemental damage on weapons only effects the physical side of the spectrum :(. I too had the same idea. I even went so far as to use 5 Level 7 Damage crystals on my necro staff, giving me a retarded bonus to spectral damage, thinking that it would add that to my spell damage. It, sadly, does not. Damage crystals are only good for melee weapons and bows. Useless for mages. Unless you're some weird Mage/Warrior hybrid that uses staff for melee combat lol xD

bok249
02-02-2011, 09:56 PM
lol that would be interesting. Though as far as I can tell staves don't have a melee attack, so it once again begs the question of why an item has stats if they cant be used? also why would items like essences used for upgrading the staves exist?

PlaneswalkerX
02-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Unless you're some weird Mage/Warrior hybrid that uses staff for melee combat lol xD

Why not? Use "Fake Tai Lin's Magic Staff". It only needs wood for upgrading (no elemental stones).

You can cast spells with it and it also makes nice dmg (700 spectral!) in melee combat.

ConfederateSuga
02-03-2011, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=PlaneswalkerX;3963354]Why not? Use "Fake Tai Lin's Magic Staff". It only needs wood for upgrading (no elemental stones). [QUOTE]

Because that was a pre 1.1 item. The US/UK versiom came with the 1.1 patch, which took all those rares off the MP xD. And it's also been applied on the German versions by now. If you have one, you've got money >< lol

PlaneswalkerX
02-03-2011, 03:06 AM
Because that was a pre 1.1 item. The US/UK versiom came with the 1.1 patch, which took all those rares off the MP xD. And it's also been applied on the German versions by now. If you have one, you've got money >< lol

Oh I didn't know that.

So my items likemy Fake Tai Lin's Magic Staff or Sordahon's Wrath will be deleteted one day?

Wardancer
02-03-2011, 09:48 PM
lol that would be interesting. Though as far as I can tell staves don't have a melee attack, so it once again begs the question of why an item has stats if they cant be used? also why would items like essences used for upgrading the staves exist?
Staffs do have a melee attack. Just hold block and then hit attack.