PDA

View Full Version : Sailing against the Wind

JONBLEACH
02-03-2011, 04:00 AM
Alright so im trying to do the 3rd Rune Quest for the Orcs.
The part of the New Ashos island can only be accessed by sailing the boat that you buy for 3,000.

Unfortunatly every time I try to sail that way its always against the damn wind, i have tried 3 different times so far and make it half way and then my boat doesnt go any farther so i reload my save.

If I cant get to the island i wont be able to get that achievement :eek:

Someone on here mentioned to keep pressing RT/LT/RT/LT and so on so i tried that on my 3rd go but same thing happened.

Any hints im missing?

Frankie Godskin
02-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Sailing guide:

http://twoworldsvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=32

MADasaHatter
02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
The guide might say this, but I just followed the instructions the guy gives you wehn you asked about sailing. Move the boat side to side, titling the sail until you move a bit in one direction (let's say half left). When you can't move anymore, turn the boat and the sail the other way (half right). Keep doing this until you get out to ocean and then ride the wind. I did it without really trying.

JONBLEACH
02-03-2011, 09:01 PM
nevermind guys, i said screw the boat and i tried walking on foot circling the island, and i was able to make it to the cave without using the boat, so in other words the boat is useless

WhiteDad
02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
What chapter do you get the boat?

I'm still mid way into chapter one and I decided to try to swim to the north only to find out that you drown. I then used the spell to walk on water and walked to the island with no problem. I didn't interact with anyone other than killing enemies, which caused me level up rather quickly, because I was afraid it would glitch the game.

JONBLEACH
02-08-2011, 02:07 AM
What chapter do you get the boat?

I'm still mid way into chapter one and I decided to try to swim to the north only to find out that you drown. I then used the spell to walk on water and walked to the island with no problem. I didn't interact with anyone other than killing enemies, which caused me level up rather quickly, because I was afraid it would glitch the game. \

well you can purchase it in Chapter 2 at the docks in New Ashos (very bottom more of the left side of new ashos map) for 3000 auras.
I thought i needed it for the runestones achievement but i didnt, i just walked around the main island and found the cave that way