PDA

View Full Version : My Dragon Age 2 Predictions

KiloAlpha1337
02-03-2011, 06:21 AM
I just watched the Destiny trailer about 6 times, and I think I've analyzed it pretty well combined with some things I saw in the Rise to Power trailer, and just other media I've read for Dragon Age 2. I have theories on several events that I believe will happen during the 10 year framed narrative that Dragon Age 2 takes place in.

These aren't in any order.

1. The Qunari invading the Free Marches. We know Sten from DA:O can end up invading Ferelden after the events of DA:O. The Qunari that Hawke fights in the Destiny trailer, and the Qunari we see being fought in the Rise to Power trailer are strong evidence of this. Maybe this is an early event in the game, the Qunari invade Kirkwall, they almost destroy it, but Hawke bands people together and fights them off, earning the title of Champion of Kirkwall.

2. Harvesters and the Deep Road. **Spoilers** It was leaked in a German magazine that Varric's brother sends Hawke and his/her crew on an expedition to the Deep Roads. I believe it will have to do with investigating the many Harvesters unleashed in Golems of Amgarrak.**Spoilers**

3. The collapse of the Chantry. I believe this was mentioned somewhere for Dragon Age 2. But my main theory is there will be this collapse somehow, and the Templars and Mages will go to war with each other. In the Destiny trailer, you can pause at a spot where you see a massive group of Mages facing off against a massive group of Templars.

4. Flemeth. We already know she will play some roll in DA2, hopefully bigger than in Origins. She must be involved with the Dalish somehow. We know in Witch Hunt, Morrigan had business with the Dalish, and Flemeth has some in DA2. It will be interesting to see how it all ties together.

5. Some form of Temple. In the Destiny trailer you see Hawke viewing what is obviously some form of ancient temple/city structure. It looked high up, so maybe it is some form of skytop temple. Along with it I paused and saw a scene of Hawke against some massive lumbering armored foe. Possibly a temple guardian.

6. And I don't have evidence, but my gut tells me the Grey Wardens will be invovled at some point, and obviously the Darkspawn too. Wouldn't be Dragon Age without them right?

So what do you all think? Am I onto anything? Am I brain dead?

DOOKH8R
02-03-2011, 06:38 AM
I enjoyed reading. Give me more

grim0187
02-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes, nice analysis and you could be right about some things.

IVIR BLOBBY
02-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Agree with them all, would be cool, might be right, who knows, i have a few thing's i'd like to see/ could easily be true

1/ The dawrfs try to build a new city underground & need your help, you do things like stop darkspawn invaders, collect resources & other items

2/ rumors come about of a high elf that is immortal & you have to find them for the dalish to find out if its true

3/ A mage rebellion occurs in orlais & you go to either stop them or join them aiding the templars or mages

4/ an artifact is found in the deep roads (the one containing an archdemon) you have to accompony the grey wardens to destroy it. at the end of this quest you can get to choose to be a grey warden or not (So Hope So)

5/ Humans are being experimented on by the darkspawn & you have to go into the deep roads & investigate

6/ Creatures from the fade escape in a town & you must stop it before it spreads a whole city with fade monsters

7/ you sail north, get lost & find an island of the old religon where the chantry has never existed, you must save the island from a tyrinical mage

Lelupoliisi
02-08-2011, 11:54 PM
I also believe that the player's mother is Morrigan and father the player from Origins, if imported.

R0KETM4N
02-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Hawke's history is well defined. The story takes place too close to origins for that to be true. I was very disappointed to learn that the main character wasn't Morrigan's son. However, I believe that in DA3 (when it comes out), we'll get to meet back up with that story line. Bioware likes to leave out important bits from their sequel games, and return to them again in the last installment (like mass effect 2 did).