PDA

View Full Version : do the cheats in fable 3 disable achievements?

SteveVersionOne
02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
found a list of cheats at http://www.videogameplayer.tv/fable-3-cheats-achievements.html

anybody know if they disable achievements?
also my game did an updat so i cant do the money cheat with the dummy account now, any good tips on making some cash?

Toams07
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
I dont think it will screw your game, but I dont know either why you would use them.
Just buy property, do sidequests/collectibles, buy more property etc. till you have a nice amount of cash.

ZingZitang
02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
I think its great how everyones first Reaction is to cheat in any way possible.

I had over 10,000,000 Gold way before I became King.

cowboy bob
02-04-2011, 03:05 AM
[QUOTE=ZingZitang;3964822
I had over 10,000,000 Gold way before I became King.[/QUOTE]

good for you

Ragnarok1986
02-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Do these even work? Can anyone confirm this.

xxx67xxx
02-04-2011, 06:57 PM

Isn't that what achievement trading is all about, cheating? "We both need 1000 kills", "ok, ok, lets set up a private game...you kill me 1000 times first then i'll kill you 1000 times"

POP

Oops sorry guys, this is an achievement site, not a fable 3 one! I'm still playing, trading, enjoying the game long after the 1000g's :)

Ragnarok1986
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Isn't that what achievement trading is all about, cheating? "We both need 1000 kills", "ok, ok, lets set up a private game...you kill me 1000 times first then i'll kill you 1000 times"

POP

Oops sorry guys, this is an achievement site, not a fable 3 one! I'm still playing, trading, enjoying the game long after the 1000g's :)

Two differnt things if you enter a code and it unlocks that's it done. At least with boosting you still put the time in to unlock it.

xxx67xxx
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
At least with boosting you still put the time in to unlock it.

Agreed, but neither players "achieved" the achievement, they didn't actually get 1000 kills, they allowed each other to bend over and take it for one another so it looks on paper like they have achieved something which they actually haven't.

niko da bos
02-04-2011, 09:27 PM

I had over 10,000,000 Gold way before I became King.

same here. if you are buying property as you play thru the game, by the end you are rich regardless of the rent you set.

IMO, i wouldnt risk trying the cheats. if you are desperate just rubberband the (wireless) controller so it wont turn off, and wake up rich in the morning. <--of course you need to have somewhat decent income first :P

Ragnarok1986
02-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Agreed, but neither players "achieved" the achievement, they didn't actually get 1000 kills, they allowed each other to bend over and take it for one another so it looks on paper like they have achieved something which they actually haven't.

But it's still a 1000 kills the achievement does not say " You must play online with random people" It's just get a 1000 kills. Which boosting you still do the work.

xxx67xxx
02-04-2011, 11:01 PM
But it's still a 1000 kills the achievement does not say " You must play online with random people" It's just get a 1000 kills. Which boosting you still do the work.

Agreed, maybe to you or me who know how the achievement system works but if a family member who knows nothing about the system looks over our shoulders and sees that we have an "achievement" of making 1000 kills online in a game and is impressed what do we say? "Oh thanks, i'm pretty good at games" or do we say "Oh no that wasn't me really, someone let me join their game and they let me kill them 1000 times without fighting back."

Hope you don't take this little mini debate personally Rag, love your posts on this forum, very helpful actually.

I'm all for helping people with games online, but in fable 3 would i give someone all my 50 weapons even if I knew I'd get them back just so they got the achievement? No f..king way!

Ragnarok1986
02-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Agreed, maybe to you or me who know how the achievement system works but if a family member who knows nothing about the system looks over our shoulders and sees that we have an "achievement" of making 1000 kills online in a game and is impressed what do we say? "Oh thanks, i'm pretty good at games" or do we say "Oh no that wasn't me really, someone let me join their game and they let me kill them 1000 times without fighting back."

Hope you don't take this little mini debate personally Rag, love your posts on this forum, very helpful actually.

I'm all for helping people with games online, but in fable 3 would i give someone all my 50 weapons even if I knew I'd get them back just so they got the achievement? No f..king way!

Haha nofthing wrong with debate if people didn't the world would still be flat ;)

dakisbac
02-05-2011, 03:29 AM
I wouldn't worry about the cheats disabling the achievements since I'm 99% sure they're bogus (only reason I'm not 100% sure is because I'm too lazy to prove that they don't work). A good rule of thumb - if the cheats aren't on GameFAQs they probably don't work.