View Full Version : Difficulty differences?

02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Since I haven't done it yet, what is the difference between Easy, Medium and Hard?

Given that I've read some posts on here that talk about glitches in achievements if you try a harder level, my wife and I are just going through all Easy, then Medium, then Hard. She is about done with Easy, but I was curious about the differences.

Are the songs longer? Are the moves harder? Are the moves faster? What separates the levels?

02-04-2011, 06:29 AM
I meant to explain this in my mini guide, but I'll happily take the time now. The songs all remain the same length, but...

on Easy, you'll repeat one move maybe four times every set (sometimes 8) and then move on to the next move.
on Medium, the set gets cut down to maybe doing the same move two times before a new move.
on Hard, all moves are only done twice or even once before moving onto another move. This is where the harder moves like spins, dips, popping, locking all appear in sequence and don't neccesarily have to appear again.

Calle Ocho on Easy
YouTube - Dance Central - Pitbull I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) (Easy)

Notice how you start the song doing 4 sets of 4 Merengue moves before moving onto the next move.

Calle Ocho on Hard
YouTube - Dance Central - Kinect - I Know You Want Me *Hard*

Notice now that everything is broken up into blocks of two with advanced moves like Salsa thrown in. The only move that's repeated is the Huh move. Once you get to the harder playlist though, you may only have to do a move once and never see it again. It's then all about memorizing how it looks and what comes next.

Youtube has a lot of the Dance Central songs on it. You should take a look and compare. It makes it easier to tackle.

02-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I also find that between the difficulty levels the game is MUCH pickier about the position and movement of your body. In other words you have to be much more accurate with your timing and placing.