PDA

View Full Version : Story related question - Spoilers

macgyver893
02-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Alright, I understand that Stross and Issac pretty much did the same thing which was work on building a new Marker. Stross was weaker though, which is why he went insane and Issac was able to battle his inner demons successfully. I have two questions now...

1. Did Stross really murder his family, or was that made up and fed to him?
2. Who is "him" that Stross is always freaking out about? When listening to the feeds between Isaac and Ellie, Stross is always saying things like "He's gonna be mad," or "He's coming for us!" Is this the Overseer? Or just Tiedemann?

Jumnious
02-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Alright, I understand that Stross and Issac pretty much did the same thing which was work on building a new Marker. Stross was weaker though, which is why he went insane and Issac was able to battle his inner demons successfully. I have two questions now...

1. Did Stross really murder his family, or was that made up and fed to him?
2. Who is "him" that Stross is always freaking out about? When listening to the feeds between Isaac and Ellie, Stross is always saying things like "He's gonna be mad," or "He's coming for us!" Is this the Overseer? Or just Tiedemann?

1. I believe Stross's story is explained in a Dead Space anime movie. He did indeed murder his wife and baby.

2. In Chapter 1, in the video interrogation of Stross I believe that the 'him' he is referring to is the doctor(s). Whether be the doctor who killed suicide or Tiedemann. Issac tied his grief/guilt/marker's influence to the apparition of his girlfriend haunting him. Maybe Stross's apparition was that doctor...

However, before seeing Ishimura while in the transport Stross does break the 4th wall and yell at the audience to stop staring at him.

More info...

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Nolan_Stross