Hello you wonderful ppl!

Dewx Au

Hey guys!

Been using this site for a couple of years now, and have now gotten the courage (I'm painfully shy - yes even on the internet) to join this what seems to be a wonderful community!

A bit about myself - I'm 24. Live in Australia. Absolutely love video games. In particular I'm a big GEARS OF WAR and MASS EFFECT fan. As previously stated, shy. Love making new friends via Live and did I mention I'm addicted to achievements? Yeah. I'm sure I ain't alone :)

Even though I have a low gamerscore, I'm not at all new to the 360. My last account sadly got hacked. But hey - a new start is a good start... right?

Anyways, Just wanted to introduce myself and I guess I'll see you on the forums! And if anybody feels like boosting/playing anything really - hit me up!

- Dewx Au

Edited by Dewx Au

Welcome to the forums! Gears of War is probably my favourite series (I love it for the multiplayer, at least). Mass Effect is another good one. You've got great taste in games! Hope to read more of your posts in the near future. (:

Thank you girl poison :)

Don't get me started on Gears 3. I might have a Gear-gasm! Ha. Thanks Tai Jason

The long anticipated four player co-op will be awesome and the changes to some of the cooperative multiplayer modes (assuming Horde makes a comeback with the addition of Beast Mode) will be a lot of fun as well. I hope the Gears of War 3 community stays strong so that people all around the world can enjoy it.

Right now the Gears of War 2 population is fairly small and there are so many playlists you end up playing the same people multiple times every night. I know that you, being in Australia, would have a hard time finding a game on Gears of War 2 right now if you didn't change your Xbox region settings. ):

What other games do you like? What about Borderlands and Assassin's Creed series, have you tried either of those? (:

The long anticipated four player co-op will be awesome and the changes to some of the cooperative multiplayer modes (assuming Horde makes a comeback with the addition of Beast Mode) will be a lot of fun as well. I hope the Gears of War 3 community stays strong so that people all around the world can enjoy it.

Right now the Gears of War 2 population is fairly small and there are so many playlists you end up playing the same people multiple times every night. I know that you, being in Australia, would have a hard time finding a game on Gears of War 2 right now if you didn't change your Xbox region settings. ):

What other games do you like? What about Borderlands and Assassin's Creed series, have you tried either of those? (:

Yeah unfortunately everytime I play Gears 2 online I always run into the same 4-5 people every match. Ha.

I actually just purchased Borderlands GOTY Edition a couple of days ago but yet to start it. Have played it before and loved it! Now it should be just as good with all the DLC that came with it!

Other games I like are Resident Evil 5, GTA IV, Gears of War 1, Fable II, Battlefield BC2 - basically anything really. I try to never judge a game by genre.

Oh I do like Assassin's Creed too :)

Gears 3 most have:

No lags, no bugs, no "host power". I think a 4 player coop might be chaotic...well let's see...

I actually just purchased Borderlands GOTY Edition a couple of days ago but yet to start it. Have played it before and loved it! Now it should be just as good with all the DLC that came with it!

Now that is awesome. I have all of the achievements for all of the DLC my fiance bought at full price ($10 a pop) but we don't have the last one. So, being at currently 1500G, I've started a second character to play through with my cousin- for fun. I wish that you could join us, but I fear it would lag far too terribly. We're hardly 20 miles in distance from one another and there's almost always half a second of bullet lag. ):

Other games I like are Resident Evil 5, GTA IV, Gears of War 1, Fable II, Battlefield BC2 - basically anything really. I try to never judge a game by genre.

Oh I do like Assassin's Creed too :)

Any JRPGs? (:

Gears 3 most have:

No lags, no bugs, no "host power". I think a 4 player coop might be chaotic...well let's see...

I won't believe it till I see it.. but hopefully that's what the beta is for, and they'll actually fix things instead of passing them off as "don't do this or we'll ban you". xD

Now that is awesome. I have all of the achievements for all of the DLC my fiance bought at full price ($10 a pop) but we don't have the last one. So, being at currently 1500G, I've started a second character to play through with my cousin- for fun. I wish that you could join us, but I fear it would lag far too terribly. We're hardly 20 miles in distance from one another and there's almost always half a second of bullet lag. ):

Any JRPGs? (:

Yeah playing Borderlands online was fun when I played it a while ago. Would probably lag yes unfortunately pity though.

As far as JPRGs - I'll be honest. The only one I've ever played was FINAL FANTASY XIII and I found it an absolute blast! The only thing I had troubles with was understanding it all. So much to learn! Will hope to be purchasing that again soon! Even have the l'Cie stickers on my xbox 360 :) Loved the music too!

I won't believe it till I see it.. but hopefully that's what the beta is for, and they'll actually fix things instead of passing them off as "don't do this or we'll ban you". xD

That would be a dream. I hope the servers are better then in the last two gears games. Especially Europe got a bad connection to the us servers.

The main problem is the UT3 engine. It's simply a memory cache eating engine which is very hard to handle even from Epic itself.

That would be a dream. I hope the servers are better then in the last two gears games. Especially Europe got a bad connection to the us servers.

The main problem is the UT3 engine. It's simply a memory cache eating engine which is very hard to handle even from Epic itself.

Brand new engine would be nice! Although I guess there won't be a "UT4" engine for this generation maybe.

Brand new engine would be nice! Although I guess there won't be a "UT4" engine for this generation maybe.

Hmm "maybe" i think many company's never thought that this generation goes a long way. Maybe we see a new engine next year.

But i don't wanna see: BROWN, GREEN, BLUE in the engine. Can't see it anymore. Every UT-Engine game looks the same.

Hmm "maybe" i think many company's never thought that this generation goes a long way. Maybe we see a new engine next year.

But i don't wanna see: BROWN, GREEN, BLUE in the engine. Can't see it anymore. Every UT-Engine game looks the same.

Yes, I have to agree with you there Sir!

Yeah playing Borderlands online was fun when I played it a while ago. Would probably lag yes unfortunately pity though.

As far as JPRGs - I'll be honest. The only one I've ever played was FINAL FANTASY XIII and I found it an absolute blast! The only thing I had troubles with was understanding it all. So much to learn! Will hope to be purchasing that again soon! Even have the l'Cie stickers on my xbox 360 :) Loved the music too!

l'Cie stickers! I'm jelly! I put out nearly $30 for a faceplate when the game was released. I was hooked! Might I suggest Lost Odyssey? One of my personal favourites. RPGs are NOT the type of games you want to go into hoping to get a quick or easy 1k- they require a lot of time, dedication, and sometimes precision when it comes to missable achievements. With Lost Odyssey the one thing you'll want to look out for is the Treasure Trove achievement, something I need to work on myself. (:

l'Cie stickers! I'm jelly! I put out nearly $30 for a faceplate when the game was released. I was hooked! Might I suggest Lost Odyssey? One of my personal favourites. RPGs are NOT the type of games you want to go into hoping to get a quick or easy 1k- they require a lot of time, dedication, and sometimes precision when it comes to missable achievements. With Lost Odyssey the one thing you'll want to look out for is the Treasure Trove achievement, something I need to work on myself. (:

It doesn't really matter to me if a game is an easy 1k or not, I just play for the love of it. Sure 1k would be nice but yeah. I haven't tried Lost Odyssey but going on your recommendation I just might. From what I hear, it's a pretty long/big game right?

It doesn't really matter to me if a game is an easy 1k or not, I just play for the love of it. Sure 1k would be nice but yeah. I haven't tried Lost Odyssey but going on your recommendation I just might. From what I hear, it's a pretty long/big game right?

It's four discs long, and I don't know of any other game on Xbox that is four discs long. The storyline isn't something exceptional or extremely memorable, but a lot of the characters are diverse and have interesting backgrounds. Boss fights often require specialized tactics to defeat, there's TONS of items scattered all throughout the game in various forms (sparklies on the ground, in decorative pots, hidden behind things, in addition to treasure chests), there are quests, and there is a small slew of side bosses (I think maybe six in total, but I can't quite remember). Can't remember how long the game is either, but you can order a copy used on Amazon for $15 USD, and it's definitely worth the money.

It's four discs long, and I don't know of any other game on Xbox that is four discs long. The storyline isn't something exceptional or extremely memorable, but a lot of the characters are diverse and have interesting backgrounds. Boss fights often require specialized tactics to defeat, there's TONS of items scattered all throughout the game in various forms (sparklies on the ground, in decorative pots, hidden behind things, in addition to treasure chests), there are quests, and there is a small slew of side bosses (I think maybe six in total, but I can't quite remember). Can't remember how long the game is either, but you can order a copy used on Amazon for $15 USD, and it's definitely worth the money.

Isn't FFXIII 4 discs long? Or is it 3?

Yeah I've seen Lost Odyssey for dirt cheap. Just thought I'd need a rocket scientist to understand JRPGs. Haha.

Isn't FFXIII 4 discs long? Or is it 3?

Yeah I've seen Lost Odyssey for dirt cheap. Just thought I'd need a rocket scientist to understand JRPGs. Haha.

FFXIII for Xbox is three discs. I think on PS3 it might be only one disc but I'm not entirely sure, seeing as how I don't own a PS3.

If you find JRPGs confusing, never play Resonance of Fate.. even though it's an awesome game with an incredible battle system.. the storyline makes very little sense.. 90 hours and 1000G later after I had beaten the game, I had to go look up a synopsis on Wikipedia to find out what the hell I had just spent all that time on. ): lol