PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for xbox's "Execlusive Character"

xxcrzy1xx
02-04-2011, 07:54 PM
A few buddies of mine & I came up with an idea to counter kratos in MK on ps3. We thought people like master cheif and the guy from gears (although are both cool in their own right) wouldn't fit MK cause they shoot instead of melee. What we thought of was, instead of putting in a special character, put in the ability to use our XBL Avatars as fighters, similar to how GH5 uses them. What you guys think? :Bounce:

snobbigB
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
You have to go with Microsoft's biggest franchise character, Master Chief. Although I can't really see how he would fit in Mortal Kombat. No matter what character 360 gets, I don't think it will match the epicness of Kratos. Kratos is probably the perfect exclusive player for this game on ps3.

Cav Clayton
02-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Mortal Kombat meets wanna-be Wii avatars?
No thanks.

Plus, each character in Mortal Kombat has a unique personality and fighting style, something your avatar will not have.

jswartz0181
02-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Personally, I'm hoping that there is NO Xbox character. I'm buying MK, not some other game. And an MK that is supposed to only be MK1-3 characters at that.

Pixo
02-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Theres been some rumor that a Gears of War character would make it in. I can see Skorge getting in MK.

Fighting with avatars would be pretty cool though.

Tapion
02-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Could only see a Gears of War character getting in there. Really don't care if there is one or not. I'll check out the Kratos gameplay, and his fatalities, but not that amazed by it.

DeadXGenocide
02-16-2011, 08:41 PM
MK meets Halo?!!! that a terrible idea, remember MK Vs DC?!

Purge
02-16-2011, 08:43 PM
General Raam would get my vote.

James Pwnzzz
02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
i'd say it'd have to be someone xbox exclusive if they were going to add someone counter kratos, i had a think and the only one i could think of was ryu hayabusa? unless i'm wrong i thought ninja gaiden II was xbox exclusive, and i'm sure he'd feel komfortable with all the fellow ninjas :D i just think that seeing marcus or master chief in hand to hand combat would look absolutely ridiculous!

Pieville
02-20-2011, 03:33 AM
i'd say it'd have to be someone xbox exclusive if they were going to add someone counter kratos, i had a think and the only one i could think of was ryu hayabusa? unless i'm wrong i thought ninja gaiden II was xbox exclusive, and i'm sure he'd feel komfortable with all the fellow ninjas :D i just think that seeing marcus or master chief in hand to hand combat would look absolutely ridiculous!

Ninja Gaiden II is exclusive to Xbox360 but they made a port for PS3, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

xSeifer13x
02-20-2011, 10:38 PM
We already know that Kratos won't be useable in story mode, so it really doesn't matter if he fits into the universe at all really. Everyone always brings up MK vs DC in this debate, but tend to forget it was a cross-over game.

If we really want to have this debate, look no further then Soul Calibur. Not only did the game include Starkiller, Yoda, and Darth Vader, but it went as far as trying to cross-over with the Star Wars franchise. This in-turn, sorta killed the game for me.

Ceejus
02-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Like I said in another thread, Joanna Dark from the Perfect Dark series would probably be the best pick.

xSeifer13x
02-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Like I said in another thread, Joanna Dark from the Perfect Dark series would probably be the best pick.

You know...I see your point.

http://www.gamekyo.com/Webmasters/Images/40611320051109_155442_0_big.jpg

Annalie
02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Anyone would do i guess. besides him all i know is i dont want to see master chief. and its not like we will because DOA4 had someone similar already. lol i read one of the ps3 trophy.org threads and someone siad act suprised when they announce master chief lmao.... as for joanna dark who i think would be cool, i dont really see how she would fit in this game at all. i honestly dont think we have to many good exclusive characters....

Ceejus
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Anyone would do i guess. besides him all i know is i dont want to see master chief. and its not like we will because DOA4 had someone similar already. lol i read one of the ps3 trophy.org threads and someone siad act suprised when they announce master chief lmao.... as for joanna dark who i think would be cool, i dont really see how she would fit in this game at all. i honestly dont think we have to many good exclusive characters....

Why don't you? Joanna Dark has the right look for Mortal Kombat, first of all. Secondly, if you've ever played Perfect Dark or Perfect Dark Zero, she proves to be very agile and flexible, meaning it would be easy to picture her performing martial arts maneuvers. Hell, she even has the appropriate backstory for a Mortal Kombat character - she's a bounty hunter who's skilled in hand-to-hand combat and is described as a "lethal fighter".

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/654/654444p1.html

I have yet to see anyone propose a better 360-exclusive character that's actually apart of a 360-exclusive game. The closest I've seen is someone suggest Baldur from Too Human, but the only thing "Mortal Kombat" about him is his face really.

Annalie
02-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Why don't you? Joanna Dark has the right look for Mortal Kombat, first of all. Secondly, if you've ever played Perfect Dark or Perfect Dark Zero, she proves to be very agile and flexible, meaning it would be easy to picture her performing martial arts maneuvers. Hell, she even has the appropriate backstory for a Mortal Kombat character - she's a bounty hunter who's skilled in hand-to-hand combat and is described as a "lethal fighter".

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/654/654444p1.html

I have yet to see anyone propose a better 360-exclusive character that's actually apart of a 360-exclusive game. The closest I've seen is someone suggest Baldur from Too Human, but the only thing "Mortal Kombat" about him is his face really.

Yes i own and played both games and i still dont see it. but looking at sonya perhaps just maybe she would fit..... i keep thinking of the other Female characters who dont really look modern but i guess if sonya is modern looking joanna wouldnt be so bad.:)http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/359/d/b/mortal_kombat_2011_sonya_by_fallingcyrax-d35ndus.jpg

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
02-22-2011, 05:35 AM
Just throwing this in here. If master chief was to be in it, which he would not be fit for,I would love to see a grunt related fatality. Possibly Arby splattering people in a banshee. Lol. That'd be great. But being the mortal kombat freak I am, I know it wouldn't work.

SkyniteZero
02-27-2011, 07:06 AM
MK is MK and needs to Stay MK no added characters from other games. just MK characters is good enough.

Vulger Spartan
02-28-2011, 12:27 PM
MK is MK and needs to Stay MK no added characters from other games. just MK characters is good enough.

Yeah they shouldn't 'add' any exclusives characters to an MK. MK is it own mythos & doesn't need any random "out of universe" characters added.

I could understand an MK vs SF crossover, or MK crossing over with another hardcore fighting game but I would never want Master Cheif in my MK.

But I will admit Kratos seems pretty cool tho, but I would just beat the game with him to get the ending & associated trophies & never play as him again.

lich123
02-28-2011, 09:22 PM
i hope that the xbox doesnt get an exclusive character but maby if the character fits in then it wouldnt be that bad, maby the arbiter from halol or a gears character :)

jswartz0181
02-28-2011, 09:34 PM
i hope that the xbox doesnt get an exclusive character but maby if the character fits in then it wouldnt be that bad
Same here. Although I do imagine at this point, a month and a half away from release, if there was an Xbox character, they'd have been announced by now. So hopefully this is a YAY for no Xbox exclusive!!!