PDA

View Full Version : "Last Action Hero"?

ElusiveRobDenby
02-05-2011, 04:11 AM
I just beat the game on hard, got and without jumping and I didnt get this achievement. Whys that? Every level says its been completed on Hard.

Ashes in Fall
02-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm actually having the same issue. There must be an unlockable stage or something.

Jan 0
02-05-2011, 09:29 AM
the same to me. a friend of mine had it also. he started from a fresh save again and got it. i will try that.

ElusiveRobDenby
02-05-2011, 03:11 PM
2 things happened to me that might have caused this.

Midway thru the game I went back and beat a boss on casual, and halfway thru the game I lost my internet connection and beat the level not signed into XBLA. But then again I went back and beat those levels again on hard and nothing.

Polygon Pirate
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
the same to me. a friend of mine had it also. he started from a fresh save again and got it. i will try that.

Yeah, same thing happened to me.
Starting over with a new game on hard netted me my last 5http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif I needed to clock the game. :locked

Excellent game all the same. :)

Major Parsnip
02-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Oh damn, really? I just came in here to ask about this as well. I hope they patch this stuff, glitchy achievements are the worst.

o D M C o
02-09-2011, 04:53 AM
This has just happened to me aswell, what a waste of fucking time. The guy in the other thread saying it glitches when you disconnect from live is talking bollocks aswell, I didnt get disconnected once, I did however switch difficulties a couple of times and some of the levels I played out of order. I dont know what causes it but every level says completed on hard so I should have the achievement, pathetic

ElusiveRobDenby
02-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Excuse me? Bollocks?

I just got it, by just starting a new save, and beating every level on hard in order. i did get disconnected (yes, AGAIN, having major internet problems recently) during Countdown but i quit the game before i beat it. When i got back on, i finished it and pop.

antares
02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Does this problem only occur for the last action hero achievement?
I finished the game and want to play it without jumping now, do I have to start a new save for this or can I play all levels again on my old save?
Also I saw that retro difficulty is ranked higher than hard difficulty. Will I get the hard achievement also when I finish the game on retro?

Polygon Pirate
02-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Does this problem only occur for the last action hero achievement?
I finished the game and want to play it without jumping now, do I have to start a new save for this or can I play all levels again on my old save?
Also I saw that retro difficulty is ranked higher than hard difficulty. Will I get the hard achievement also when I finish the game on retro?

It looks like only Last action hero is effected here as I got all other ones via level by level. As far as your question about retro difficulty, i'm sorry but they are different achievements so require different play throughs.

Natanji
02-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Why require different playthroughs? So far I don't see why you can't keep your progress and just replay the levels until they are all marked "yes" at "completed without jumping" or some of the other things.

Polygon Pirate
02-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Yes, well that is what I meant.
He was asking if they were stackable. They are clearly completely different achievements so require a different play through, using level select would be the obvious way to go I would have thought, so I didn't feel the need to mention it.

Besides I did say in my post you can do all the others, besides "Last action Hero", level by level as that is how I did it...

Clear as mud now? ;)

Darth Villainous
02-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Try replaying the last boss. When going through all the levels with the prestige upgrades, the Cap Commando achievement didn't pop. Then I beat the end boss again, and bingo: achievement unlocked. Obviously, it's not the same achievement, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is required before all the "beat game doing x" achievements unlocked.

III SS III
02-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Try replaying the last boss. When going through all the levels with the prestige upgrades, the Cap Commando achievement didn't pop. Then I beat the end boss again, and bingo: achievement unlocked.
Tried that to no avail. I can also confirm that for Cap Commando I had to replay the boss fight to get it, but it didn't work for beating the game on hard for Last Action Hero. Side note: The no jumping achievement doesn't seem to have this problem. I had all except an earlier level done for this. Went back and beat it and achievement popped right after the level. Just a heads up.

Natanji
02-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Did anyone try staying with their savegame, but re-beating all levels in order in retro mode? I'd really like to keep my upgrades for the "hard" playthrough, I worked by ass off for getting them after all. Maybe beating everything on retro again will unlock it?

byckel
02-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Did anyone try staying with their savegame, but re-beating all levels in order in retro mode? I'd really like to keep my upgrades for the "hard" playthrough, I worked by ass off for getting them after all. Maybe beating everything on retro again will unlock it?

My file was glitched to hell (the only one that unlocked correctly was Billy Hoyle), but eventually got them all while sticking with the samegame file. I guess that's the good news. IMHO I think the problem occurs if you muck with the parameters of all four end-game cheevos before having unlocked them, for example, beating the first few levels on Normal, then rebeat them and the rest on Hard. FYI I never once disconnected during my playthroughs.

For me, on my first playthrough I beat the first couple levels on Normal and by jumping, then eventually went back and did them and the rest on Hard without jumping. Only Billy Hoyle unlocked. :mad: I then went into the first level and progressed through all the levels on Hard, with prestiges equipped, and on co-op (I basically blazed through the levels while leaving the unmanned P2 to die). After beating the game, I got Last Action Hero. :confused: Next, started on level 1 again on solo Normal with prestiges equipped, and unlocked Cap Commando randomly after beating the first Gorilla boss. Did it again afterward on co-op, casual, no prestiges and unlocked that one after completing one of the temple levels. :locked

So I guess the fix here is if you have one of these four glitched, start from the first level on your save file and make sure to play through the game with only the parameter for the achievement you want active (for example, if you are missing Last Action Hero, re-beat all the levels on Hard and avoid using prestiges, co-op mode, or not jumping).

On a side note, is it too much for devs to NOT release extremely glitchy games if they are going to go through the trouble of making them?? Just these last two months alone I got through Super Meat Boy with its annoying "bandage glitch", and was nearly sunk by multiple game breakers when I got around to playing that POS Silent Hill Homecoming.:uzi:

DROGTURIST
02-02-2012, 04:24 PM
REALLY late to this party (if there ever was one), but just wanted to confirm that I had Cap Commando glitch on me and I just had to beat the last boss again for it to unlock.

Why would they code it like that? Why even bother checking status of the last boss at all when unlocking achievements? Why not just refer to whatever little database keeps track of all the level stats and if it says "Yes" on all, just unlock the damn achievement? Makes no sense to me.