PDA

View Full Version : Maliel's Tears quest

MADasaHatter
02-05-2011, 11:28 PM
So it's the quest where you need to steal the Tear from the temple. It's not in my quest log, I have no paper or map that the wiki says I'm supposed to have, and Reese's room is locked and the guy I was supposed to speak to is gone (Mazon). I freed the guy from prison, we talked for a bit, I walked out of the room and ... nothing. No quest anywhere.

I even went to the temple, pulled the levers to open the door- but the door is still locked because the mission isn't mine yet. I can't speak with Zask.

My quest log says "Friend in Need": "Found Reesa. Maybe I can form a deeper relationship with her" blabla, but nothing else on how to pick up the Tear quest.

Am I glitched or just missing something?

TheLegendOf1977
02-06-2011, 12:19 AM
So it's the quest where you need to steal the Tear from the temple. It's not in my quest log, I have no paper or map that the wiki says I'm supposed to have, and Reese's room is locked and the guy I was supposed to speak to is gone (Mazon). I freed the guy from prison, we talked for a bit, I walked out of the room and ... nothing. No quest anywhere.

I even went to the temple, pulled the levers to open the door- but the door is still locked because the mission isn't mine yet. I can't speak with Zask.

My quest log says "Friend in Need": "Found Reesa. Maybe I can form a deeper relationship with her" blabla, but nothing else on how to pick up the Tear quest.

Am I glitched or just missing something?

I think you have to find Reesa in her house first (rooftop) to start the quest, because she wil join once inside the temple...

MADasaHatter
02-06-2011, 05:16 AM
I think you have to find Reesa in her house first (rooftop) to start the quest, because she wil join once inside the temple...

Tried that. Her door is locked.

EliteEdawg420
02-07-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm in the same boat I don't have the tear quest reesa's door is locked zask does nothing valarin just wants his info. I have beaten the whole game didn't think I missed anything but then saw I didn't get desert rose and now I can't get 100 on thieves guild. No quest is active though I have the mirage Identity quest and it's as if I completed (looks like all the other completed quests) When I go to valarin he just says you got the info and I say not yet ???? weird IMO missable cheevos but hopefully somebody can help and show they are not missable

thelazzer
03-02-2011, 01:08 AM
See im having a totally diff prob i cant even get the first door to open for me, am i screwed because i got the guards mad at me earlyer in the game and it/saved with them chase'n me

Lord Gothic
03-02-2011, 01:13 AM
When you teleport with her and mazon to her home you will speak with her and mazon. After that you have to walk up to her again so she will start to talk to you again, if you dont do that before leaving her home zask wont talk to you and you cant do anymore missions with reesa or zask.

Im not sure if its suppose to be like this to make the desert rose achivement missable and a little harder to get, or if its just a glitch.

thelazzer
03-02-2011, 01:23 AM
See im having a totally diff prob i cant even get the first door to open for me, am i screwed because i got the guards mad at me earlyer in the game and it/saved with them chase'n me

Never mind i got call me stupid but i just found the switches behind THE BIG STATUES LOL

danksch
03-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Yup, I just ran into the same glitch as it seems. Apparently Reesa will get you into a forced conversation (shell tell you to tell Zask she is ok, enabling the follow-up) AFTER the thief leaves her house - in case you leave her house too early youre screwed, since the door to her appartment is locked (a clear programming failure).

stupidly annoying, since it denies "Desert Rose".

LTC PUDIE 42X
03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Nooo!!! Im in the same boat i hope they unlock the door in a patch.

Samurai Kadaj
12-09-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm having a different problem with this quest! I'm in the dungeon for the tear where there's a level that opens two doors and another level in between that opens only the first door. No matter how hard I try, I simply can't get to the second door before it closes! I've tried sprinting, adding a jump at the end of my sprint, maxing out my stamina skill, unequipping everything, etc. Really irritating...

Edit: After an hour of trying, by a stroke of luck I made it by running through. Finally.