Another new guy for you

Jlzrd

Hey guys. I joined a while back but never posted (as is the case for many people I guess) but finally decided to get my profile looking nice and tidy and I'm all set up now. :)

I'm not new to forums, I've been a fairly active member on the Official Nintendo Forums for almost five years now (yeah yeah I know... I joined for Nintendo, grew out of it and stayed for the amazing people I've met during my time there, so don't lynch me for that) so I know the ins and outs of forum life and the proper etiquette.

I'm 19 and from the good 'ol United Kingdom. I hate it, I really do. But I'm trying to get away from it. I did well at college but I'm currently just a corporate slave and sick of it. I've applied to work for a chain of activity camp places set up for school kids which would be fantastic if I got in. I've always had the mind set that I'd much rather enjoy my job than make a huge amount but be stuck in an office five days a week with no career prospects.

Anyway, I'm sure none of you really care about that. I've been gaming pretty much all my life. My first game I played to death was Battletoads on the NES (yeah, tell me about it) and since then I've owned every iteration of the Game Boy and DS. I shared the N64 and GameCube with my older brother but the first console I bought myself was the PS2, where I fell in love with ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Max Payne, Final Fantasy XII, Rogue Galaxy, God of War I & II and the list goes on. I bought a 360 and have never really looked back (although a PS3 purchase is currently scratching away at the back of my head).

Anyway, yeah, nice to be here. Oh, and I'm really not a grammar Nazi. I've tried to make my first introduction post all nice and pleasing to the eye but i tend to slip into all lower case with a blatant disregrard for some punctuation after a while :p i'm sure you won't mind... no offence but some of the posts i've seen around here look like they were typed out by monkeys, but i'm sure thats just a minority. ;)

anyway, see y'all around. peace.

Welcome to the forums. (: What don't you like about where you live, and where would you rather go?

If you liked ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, maybe you should try Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. I've been asking about that game trying to figure out whether I'd like it or not, and a couple of members here say that Majin is kind of like a mix between those games.

it's just a bit grey and depressing in the UK. a lot of my old friends have also gone off to university too which hasn't left many kids my age around here. just fancy a new start y'know.

i do like those kinds of games. i bought enslaved: odyssey to the west which has that same sense of surviving in an isolate environment and I loved it. :)

• 2 months later...

Rogue Galaxy was excellent. =]

I Loved the PS2 as well, but as soon as I had the money for a 360 I bought it. I am in Love with my 360. lol.

There's lots of places to have an adventusre. I hope you find a place that suits you. =]

I Hope you have a wonderful day. =]