PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 9 Vaccume Window

davidmerrell
02-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Ok, I know alot of people, including myself have had problems with this window on hardcore do to the fact it is in a small room so if you hit it then you get sucked out real fast. Its pretty hard to shut. On my hardcore playthrough this was my first death. I knew about the window so I just tried to stasis the two enemies in the room and run past. Didnt work. Anyway, I just got back there and before stepping off the elevator I examined the room close. VERY CLOSE. lol I noticed I had an angle on the window from my elevator. I was scared to shoot it because I thought it may suck me out of the elevator so what I did was pushed the button to go down and as the doors were closing up I shot that fuckin window with my force gun, came back up and sure enough the window was gone and the emergency door up. WHAT A RELIEF. lol So I know this is nothing major but just to help some people out because it seems to be one of the main places people die on thier hard core playthrough. Shoot that damn window out from the elevator.

XxINYOUREYE11xX
02-07-2011, 06:10 AM
You can also go into the room and hang a right and get the black necro to pop out then shoot the window. I always go to that spot and haven't died on any of my 5 playthroughs but the elevator is a good find. I'm pretty sure you won't get sucked out if you are in the elevator, probably don't even have to close the doors back. Did the enemies in the room fly out even though you didn't walk in to trigger them?

davidmerrell
02-07-2011, 06:12 AM
You can also go into the room and hang a right and get the black necro to pop out then shoot the window. I always go to that spot and haven't died on any of my 5 playthroughs but the elevator is a good find. I'm pretty sure you won't get sucked out if you are in the elevator, probably don't even have to close the doors back. Did the enemies in the room fly out even though you didn't walk in to trigger them?

No they had not dropped down yet so after the door shut I went in and molested them fuckers. I tried that back corner once and got sucked out man. Maybe I wasnt far enough back.

Opiate42
02-07-2011, 06:18 AM
That room had me nervous on hardcore... I stasis'd the bejesus out of them and trimmed them down with the plasma cutter.... Did not want that window to blow...

XxINYOUREYE11xX
02-07-2011, 06:21 AM
The best strategy than would be to trigger the necro and the exploder to spawn then haul ass back to the elevator and blow the window. I never had trouble in that corner, theres a little lip on the wall and I just hang behind the lip and as soon as I start moving towards the window I shot the sensor and I already have my aim on the switch.