PDA

View Full Version : Achievement list is up

AngelOfDeathMG
02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Here it is.
http://www.succesfull.fr/index.php?option=com_succesfull&Itemid=6&l=en&JeuID=1152

It is a french website, but they are in english.

Jamoo 1
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Very nice find! Thanks. :)

ViRaLuNdEaD
02-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Cool! If these are indeed the final achievements, then they look not only fun, but doable.

AngelOfDeathMG
02-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I must give credit to PrinceOfFallout from the Gamespot/GameFAQs forums. But thought I would share it here.

Taha
02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I love the look of those achievements but i'm really interested in what the secret ones are. I have a feeling one of them may be really evil - unless they save things like that for DLC.

I love the sound of Mass Exodus, though. It seems like a good way to encourage people to try a character class they might otherwise avoid. They might turn out to like it!

ViRaLuNdEaD
02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I love the look of those achievements but i'm really interested in what the secret ones are. I have a feeling one of them may be really evil - unless they save things like that for DLC.

I love the sound of Mass Exodus, though. It seems like a good way to encourage people to try a character class they might otherwise avoid. They might turn out to like it!

If I had to guess, the secret ones are story related and will unlock as you progress.

R0KETM4N
02-07-2011, 07:52 PM
List looks awesome. Kinda like the Fable series with the chests, and looks like you'll have great re-playability with the achievements as well =)

Chizwick
02-08-2011, 01:23 AM
If you "liked" BioWare on Facebook, they recently posted the achievement list as well.

This is gonna be an easy 1k, methinks.

loganm223
02-08-2011, 01:31 AM
u can see where they got some of their list for mass effect 2 like the one where u have to complete it twice or once with an imported save for da 1

Vindicator51
02-08-2011, 01:41 AM
That looks interesting, and certainly doable. I have my Signature Edition and game saves ready. :woop:

BloodGodAlucard
02-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the list. I can't wait to pick up my Signature Edition on March 8th. :woop:

Captain Urahara
02-08-2011, 03:47 AM
List looks great. Can't wait till my Signature Edition gets here ^_^

DOOKH8R
02-08-2011, 04:25 AM
Unstoppable may be tough. Somebody in my party was always getting knocked down, especially by the Harvester.

Graivul
02-08-2011, 08:12 AM
God bless Bioware, no difficulty achievements and no online achievements, finally a developer not jumping on the band-wagon of tacked on afterthought MP modes.

The achievement list looks good, some work to be done obviously to get the 1000 but if it is half as enjoyable as a game as the first outing was, bring it on!

DOOKH8R
02-08-2011, 08:46 AM
I am not sure if I want to import a character from DA:O or if I want two playtroughs of DA2.

TrishTheDish
02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
God bless Bioware, no difficulty achievements and no online achievements, finally a developer not jumping on the band-wagon of tacked on afterthought MP modes.
Indeed! I love BioWare so much!

surreal_82
02-08-2011, 11:17 AM
slightly worried now as it states upgrading armor for team mates, does this mean it will get the mass effect streamilining of armors... i hope not

H2O
02-08-2011, 11:45 AM
well.. as in ME 2 you had NO control over teammates armour it's already not going to be as streamlined.

I suspect there will be less loot than in DA:O but hopefully they will have found an acceptable middle ground.

surreal_82
02-08-2011, 12:18 PM
so long as its not an all or nothing approach, loot is a key factor to this type of game, dont get me wrong i liked the armor in ME2 but would have preferred more freedom, maybe a few customisable sets rather than one... well not long now anyway, and im sure i will love it regardless, but cant help but worry that it may have a diminished feel to it... especially with the combat seeming more mashing then tactics... but that said without playing the real game these are only worries...

TriRock
02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
If I had to guess, the secret ones are story related and will unlock as you progress.

My thoughts, too.

'Unstoppable' might cause some grey hair, but the rest appears reasonable and fun.

Whistler
02-08-2011, 04:30 PM
No difficulty based acievements sucks! :(

grim0187
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
No difficulty based acievements sucks! :(

Actually, no, thats very good news.

Failboatz
02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Actually, no, thats very good news.

Would have to agree. I finished DA:O on nightmare on PC without much difficulty, but had major problems on hard when playing the 360 version. Controls on the console make the game harder and the pacing is much slower, since you have to pause the game a lot.

R0KETM4N
02-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Fighting the Harvester on hard was easy with my lvl 33 Arcane Warrior. Doing it on Nightmare was a completely different story. I was never actually able to do it, so it was lucky that the achievement worked for either Hard or Nightmare lol =)

rabblerouser
02-09-2011, 01:52 AM
I noticed you can use an origins save. would you recommend playing the first one or just go with this improved game?

The Elite Elite
02-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Oh thank God, no achievements for beating the game on hard or nightmare. I was worried that would be one after having those as achievements for the last two Origins DLCs.

I noticed you can use an origins save. would you recommend playing the first one or just go with this improved game?

I would recommend it. However, from what BioWare has said, you don't need to have played Origins. It's perfectly fine to have DA2 be your first time in the world of Thedas.

grim0187
02-09-2011, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I probably need to replay Origins since its been so long I forgot all the choices I made, lol.

rabblerouser
02-09-2011, 02:24 AM
I just realized this is made by the people who did jade empire. I played the hell out of that. I'll definitely check out origins

lakersandangels
02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
The achievements look doable and satisfying. I'm especially glad that there isn't any Traveler-esque achievements in DA2.

I assume that they haven't included the achievements that will be available from some of the DLC at launch.

RushStrife
02-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks for Posting them!
These look quite good and at least we can carry our Dragon Age: Origins data across!

Cant wait Now!

Whistler
02-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I can't see how not having difficulty achievements is good? Playing on easy is boring, but if there is no achievement for playing on hard I don't feel motivated. It's not like you are forced to play on hard just because there's an achievement for it!

If a game has different difficulty settings there should be an achievement for completing the game on hard or the difficulty setting is wasted imo! It is an achievement to complete it on hard so you should get points for it!

AngelOfDeathMG
02-09-2011, 06:30 PM
I can't see how not having difficulty achievements is good? Playing on easy is boring, but if there is no achievement for playing on hard I don't feel motivated. It's not like you are forced to play on hard just because there's an achievement for it!

If a game has different difficulty settings there should be an achievement for completing the game on hard or the difficulty setting is wasted imo! It is an achievement to complete it on hard so you should get points for it!

That is all well and good for an action game or a shooter... but the focus in this game, an RPG, is -and should be- on story. Making a roadblock where it is hard or impossible for some people is not a good idea, and playing an rpg on a harder mode doesn't do anything besides inflate stats. You can, and should, play the same on casual as you would on nightmare. Nightmare just takes longer.

After the BS that is Dead Space 2 Hardcore mode, I don't want to pull my remaining hair out. (On that note, am at the eye needle... just cannot pull together the initiative to finish)

The Elite Elite
02-09-2011, 08:22 PM
That is all well and good for an action game or a shooter... but the focus in this game, an RPG, is -and should be- on story. Making a roadblock where it is hard or impossible for some people is not a good idea, and playing an rpg on a harder mode doesn't do anything besides inflate stats. You can, and should, play the same on casual as you would on nightmare. Nightmare just takes longer.

Exactly! An achievement for beating games like Call of Duty or Gears of War on Veteran? Sure, absolutely. An achievement for beating games like Dragon Age or KOTOR on hard? No thanks. The fight system is not the focus of a game like Dragon Age. The focus of games like DA is the story. So keep the achievements for taking different paths and choices in the story. The focus of games like Call of Duty and Gears is the gameplay. So difficulty achievements for those games are fine.

x27x AT3CH
02-09-2011, 08:54 PM
awsome i cant wait for this and its dlc whenever that comes out

Whistler
02-09-2011, 08:58 PM
There's lots of strategy and skill in RPG fights! The way you guys describe it the fights are just there to make the game longer and a filler. And you are supposed to just press one button or put it in auto play to clear them! I love a hard fight in RPG games. Where you really have to think how you are supposed to make it. Or it has skill elements you have to master. Sure it's hard for the developers to make balanced fights, and a lvl cap or something is almost necessary. But how fun is it when you finally get to that epic boss fight and you beat it on your first try by just spamming one button?

And is not a roadblock, you can just lower the difficulty and you will still get to the games ending even if you don't get 1000 points.

Bubble Supreme
02-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the post OP. Can't wait to get my sig copy :woop:
Game save at the ready!!

Philli Vanilli
02-09-2011, 09:56 PM
What a great list!! Looks like I'll be getting another 1000 in one playthrough again. The key is to make multiple saves before you have to make important decisions that are achievement based and everything is good. Even if I do have to start a mop-up playthrough for any that I might miss (due to secrets perhaps having to do with endings?) I don't care. Bioware games are always awesome and I'll always play them again, even if I have a full score. Here's to hoping for a re-release of KOTOR for XBLA with achievements.

Scotty
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
oooooo, im getting that warm fuzzy feeling:). these cheevos look mint, great find, op. cant wait for this bad boy now.

Maestro25
02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
There should be a Nightmare achievement for the people who want a challenge. Nightmare was pretty easy on Origins (if you're a mage). I remember beating Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. It was difficult but really satisfying when I finished it.

I like achievements that make me think I actually achieved something... y'know?

jake452
02-11-2011, 09:19 PM
doesn't look to hard

sandis56
02-16-2011, 07:16 PM
I like achivments, will make 1000/1000

Zexan
02-19-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm expecting this game to eventually get to 1750, like Origins. It'll take some work, but I'm going to complete this game like DA:O

Spoony Bard
02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
For a game like this, I'd rather see an Avatar Award for beating it on Nightmare; people who want the challenge still get something to show off, but most of us won't tear our hair out in clumps for something like 25G.

I'm annoyed because I accidentally deleted my DAO save files so I can't import my decisions over. The only one I really cared about was picking the wolves over the elves, so hopefully DA2's default story is to run with that choice.

Chizwick
02-22-2011, 07:53 PM
For a game like this, I'd rather see an Avatar Award for beating it on Nightmare; people who want the challenge still get something to show off, but most of us won't tear our hair out in clumps for something like 25G.

I'm annoyed because I accidentally deleted my DAO save files so I can't import my decisions over. The only one I really cared about was picking the wolves over the elves, so hopefully DA2's default story is to run with that choice.

From what I've heard, there's actually three different settings you can choose from, each loading a different pre-made set of decisions. Pretty sure it was from the preview article posted here on X360A. So maybe you'll get lucky and one of those options will involve the wolves dominating the Elves.

skaman5000
02-23-2011, 02:25 AM

I can't agree more. and plus they need to implement more Avatar Awards into games anyways.

ShawnSig
02-25-2011, 06:11 PM
There is an achievement for hitting level 10, and another for level 20. Anyone know the max level for a character?

iToastMan
02-25-2011, 06:32 PM
im thinking it will be 25 again, most likely choice imo :)

Worhammer
02-25-2011, 11:19 PM
I am not sure if I want to import a character from DA:O or if I want two playtroughs of DA2.
Nobody said you can't do both ;)

FSparacino4
02-26-2011, 09:16 AM
im thinking it will be 25 again, most likely choice imo :)

Or maybe 20 is the max level this time. Level based achievements usually (not always) have one for reaching max level and I doubt any of the secret achievements involves reaching a particular level. Guess we will just have to wait and see.