PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered it from GAMESTOP! questions

CPT MOONBEAM
02-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Hello all! I played the first 2 worlds and loved it like ALOT more then oblivion. Now I see two worlds 2 is out and I go to walmart today and they say its been out for 2 weeks and they dont got a copy.Well I got home and ordered it asap..

Now I am just wondering, is the mage the same as the 1st game? what about fire crystal u could add or I cant remember 100% but yeah, is there like ALOT of place to discover? dungeons? dragons? chest? loot ect? man Im jsut going insane!!:woop:

Oh, and any tips on like the 1st few lvls of my character? like do missions or side quests more or kill stuff and just venture..?

Thanks to the great comunity in advance,
a player who has alot of heart for 2Worlds2,
Joe

TheSecondLetter
02-08-2011, 07:00 AM
I can't speak on any of the mage questions because I don't play as a mage.

However, the world is fairly large for exploration. There are many places to discover and yep, there is a good amount of loot.

However, most loot you'll find for melee characters is useless once you have decent armor and weapons. It's all about customizing versus exploring to find treasure in this edition.

Missions are the best way to get EXP for leveling. Fighting to level becomes pointless once you reach level 30.

bok249
02-08-2011, 12:26 PM
all i can say is this game is just awesome. I loved the first one, and this one is even better. As previous poster said, there is plenty of exploration to be done, but the dungeons tended to all look exactly the same(i guess thats somewhat normal for rpgs anyways though lol). I dont normally play as a mage in rpg's, and I had started out melee in the begining, but I decided to respec as a mage for a bit, and stuck with it for the rest of the game. Maging deals so much more damage than melee or range, and the customization of spells allows for a heck of a lot of variety, not to mention a few hilarious surprises. I ended up have no use for melee or range, so got rid of that junk and diverted all attribute points just to endurance and willpower. Even using the most powerful of spells or taking damage from the most powerful bosses doesnt even dent my health and mana pools in the slightest.
Also, once you have decent gear(which will most likely be store bought), most loot doesn't come close. Most of it you will break down into component parts for upgrades to the stuff you do use, or you'll vendor it for some quick cash.
You'll definately want to do quests for the majority of xp, but exploration does have its benefits. Make sure you save before and after every single quest. Quite a few quests have glitches that wont allow completion, or complete while quest log still shows active, to name a few issues. This is especially important with Thieves Guild quests, most of the quest issues you will read about here on the forums are from that quest line.
Oh and dont forget the multiplayer component. I've yet to try it myself but i've heard some good things about it.

Gackt
02-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Personally I thought Two Worlds 1 campaign was better. This game seems smaller, 90% of the time if you are exploring the outside world you will only find wildlife to kill, which is a bit on the boring side.
The MP is lacking. The co op adventure is 6 short dull quests that you can not explore on because it's a set path. The competitive modes are not very exciting to play because of over powered melee characters who 1 hit kill you and are immune to taking damage while preforming special attacks.

Village mode I thought would be fun, but it's rather boring as well. You occasionally get a really generic quest to raise the moral of your people like.."go kill 3 wasps" omg...how epic.

Despite all of these things I still enjoyed the game enough to 1000/1000 it lol

Zima
02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Going to pick this game up this week. Can anyone confirm if the sequel allows importing of your original Two Worlds game save? If so, what gets imported?

Lord Gothic
02-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Going to pick this game up this week. Can anyone confirm if the sequel allows importing of your original Two Worlds game save? If so, what gets imported?

Its not possible to import savegames/saved characters from the first game. Maybe something they add in the future but for now its not possible.