PDA

View Full Version : disabled users

data0002
02-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi are or is there any games of the kinect out or coming out ie for someone who had a stroke with now left arm movement and weak left leg

Thanks

TAI JASON
02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi are or is there any games of the kinect out or coming out ie for someone who had a stroke with now left arm movement and weak left leg

Thanks

If you realy want a movement experience i recommend move or wii motion. Kinect realy needs full movement in nearly all games, you can use a few things in Kinect Sports or other games, but you can't enjoy all possible ativities.

I don't know any disabled persons with kinect, but even for me it's hard from time to time to get so many movements in short time. But i don't know you, or the problems you have, so you might test kinect before you buy it.

Greetings, feel free to ask :)

data0002
02-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Thank you for your reply, it is not for me it's for my partner, also we have the xbox slim 250gb with kinect, ps3 and a wii, the grandkids like playing the xbox games and they keep asking her to join in with them, but she can't use the controler one handed (unless there is a one handed contoler out there someware), i was trying to find out if there was a kineck game out there were she could join in with the grandkids.

Thanks anyway

RwHu
02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't believe that Microsoft has focused much on the disabled persons and games for them. I bet they have made some stuff to help out, or atleast people have adapted some of the hardware for the disabled person. I googled some stuff and couldn't really find much for a person who needs a one handed controller. Maybe you could mention something to Microsoft because it would be a good idea if they actually helped out with some people.

TAI JASON
02-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Thank you for your reply, it is not for me it's for my partner, also we have the xbox slim 250gb with kinect, ps3 and a wii, the grandkids like playing the xbox games and they keep asking her to join in with them, but she can't use the controler one handed (unless there is a one handed contoler out there someware), i was trying to find out if there was a kineck game out there were she could join in with the grandkids.

Thanks anyway

Hmm if the hand is the problem it's not so hard, most games can be done with one hand and one foot.

Kinect Sports: Football, Table Tennis and Bowling are absolute possible with one hand i think. There just not so much Kinectgames anyway. I would wait for the new games, but try Kinect Sports :)

RichXbox360
02-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm disabled and have no problem with any Kinect game, apart from Fighters Uncaged, but that game is crap anyway so yeh.

data0002
02-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Ok thanks will get the sports game tomorrow and give it a try

kaleido42
02-08-2011, 08:03 PM
One handed controller (designed by Ben Heck, same guy that did the 360 laptop):
http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=143