PDA

View Full Version : Jan Pre-order + Signature edition items bias?

Chupacabra77
02-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Is it just me or are the majority of items we're seeing (Might of the Sten, Seeker's Bulwark, Fadeshear, & Lion of Orlais) very warrior-centric and with the exception of the Adder of Antiva, not terribly rogue friendly?

I plan on going with a dual-wielding rogue, so I'm not sure how well the Adder will fit my play style and just wish there was even one epic dagger included in all the amazing items Bioware is throwing our way for free.

I don't mean to whine, and I'm sure it's possible that my rogue could mainhand one of the swords, but still....anyone else feel this way?

Captain Urahara
02-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Demo:
Sword: Hayder's Razor (warrior, possible rouge)

Pre-order items:
Sword: Fadeshear (Warrior, possible rouge)
Shield: Lion of Orlais (warrior)
Belt: The Irons (any)
Amulet: Amulet of Ashes (any)

Signature Edition:
Shield: Seeker's Bulwark (warrior)
Staff: Apostate's Courage (mage)
Sword: Might of the Sten (warrior)
Bow: Adder of Antiva (rouge)
Ring: Unnamed (any)

Belt: Hindsight (any)
Staff: Parthalan (Mage)

Dead Space 2:
Armor: Ser Issac of Clarke Armor (Mainly rogue, possible warrior)

Dragon Age Legends:
Ring: Air of Confidence (any)
Ring: Evra's Might (any)
Belt: Evra's Trophy belt (any)
Amulet: Ivo Family Crest (any)
Amulet: Dura' Blue Flame (any)

So it looks Warrior dominant, but then take into account what Dragon Age Origins had. It had 5 rings, 4 amulets, 2 belts, 2 helmets, 1 pair of boots, 1 bow, 1 knife, 1 staff, 1 shield, 1 tome, and 1 set of armor.
Looking at their stats shows they were mostly geared towards mages and rouges. Very few towards warriors. Not to mention the shield was part of an Alienware giveaway, so you were lucky to have it unless you had the PC version which got it anyway.

Also, remember that most of this stuff you couldn't use till much later, like the armor and staff, or became useless quite fast(everything else).

Last, but not least, you will be getting the Black Emporium with your new copy which claims to sell the best weapons in the game, with new and better weapons as you progress. So you should be able to get your ideal warrior/mage/rouge equipment anyway, without having to rely on pre-orders, giveaways, etc.

surreal_82
02-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Christ they should have included a backpack upgrade as well as my inventory will be full in about ten minutes with the amount of pre order content confirmed lol, thats without touching the facebook game... speaking of which is this even available yet as i wouldnt mind acquiring the last few things before i start!

Tsukasa117
02-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I know they are starting a beta for the Dragon Age Legends for those last items but I dont know if you can get those in the beta or if you have to wait till the final product is up and ready.

Captain Urahara
02-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Christ they should have included a backpack upgrade as well as my inventory will be full in about ten minutes with the amount of pre order content confirmed lol, thats without touching the facebook game... speaking of which is this even available yet as i wouldnt mind acquiring the last few things before i start!
I know they are starting a beta for the Dragon Age Legends for those last items but I dont know if you can get those in the beta or if you have to wait till the final product is up and ready.
Dragon Age Legends started in a dark beta, and has now moved on to a closed beta. Regardless, the items aren't even able to be unlocked for those in the beta. We all have to wait until the full version is released before we can unlock them.

It should be fully available in March. No specific date given sadly :( So DA2 may be out before DA Legends is.

surreal_82
02-11-2011, 11:06 AM
thanks for the info dude... you would have thought they might want to get the facebook game out like a month before the actual game to build a bit more interest/hype, i wont bother with the facebook game once the real one is out lol, as i imagine it will be like all the rest as the AC one was...

Captain Urahara
02-11-2011, 08:46 PM
thanks for the info dude... you would have thought they might want to get the facebook game out like a month before the actual game to build a bit more interest/hype, i wont bother with the facebook game once the real one is out lol, as i imagine it will be like all the rest as the AC one was...
The Assassin's Creed one was beyond useless. I hated it.

Dragon Age Legends is a combination of Dragon Age Journeys and the Assassin's Creed Facebook game. Legends just has so many restrictions. Energy bar limits your actions, teammates take hours to be useable again, potions(even basic ones) take hours to make, everything is so expensive that you have to save up incredible amounts.

It's so unnecessary. I guess it's to draw out the game longer, as Journeys only took an hour or two to get all the rewards and then people stopped playing it. But that's because we were waiting for Chapter 2 . . . which was never made >_>

All in all, I'll play the game to get the rewards when they are released, but not much more than that. If they let up some restrictions I would enjoy it more and probably give it another playthrough or two. But as it stands it only warrants a playthrough for extras for me.

jake452
02-11-2011, 09:21 PM
same problem with dragon armour on origins