PDA

View Full Version : adam pacman jones

Hoof Hearted25
06-18-2007, 11:02 PM
i used the search and advanced search so can some1 direct me to a thread if it has already been said pacman needs to clean up his act. im suprised there isnt a thread for it already. he is in so much trouble and he will probally get banned from the nfl if he doesnt do something about it today his "entorauge" was involved in a shooting i wonder if he really wants to be in the nfl

KewlBrettC
06-19-2007, 02:37 AM
at this point i wouldnt be suprised if they ban him from the nfl because he is already out for the season for the last thing he did.

Wolf
06-19-2007, 03:46 PM
To be honest, I'm more shocked Vick is still playing. Goodell has been swinging the hammer at everyone, but surprisingly Vick hasn't been hit yet. I think as soon as any formal charges are filed, the Falcons are going to start really regretting letting Schaub go to the Texans. They'd have been better of trading Vick for another 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Clipse 2
06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
To be honest, I'm more shocked Vick is still playing. Goodell has been swinging the hammer at everyone, but surprisingly Vick hasn't been hit yet. I think as soon as any formal charges are filed, the Falcons are going to start really regretting letting Schaub go to the Texans. They'd have been better of trading Vick for another 2nd and 3rd rounder.
As for Pacman this isn't surprising, it will either come to NFL banning him or no team signing him. The way Goodell set this new rule up teams are penalized for players having issues off the field, as well they should.

As for Vick, Goodell has to be patient. Vick is the most popular player among black fans and so far those who have been suspended and punished have been mostly black if not all. If Goodell comes out, suspends, banishes, or whatever Vick the NFL could be labeled as racist even if he was suspended for a justified reason. Personaly I don't like Vick, he is the most OVERRATED player there is. He was a joke in college, he is a joke at quarterback and I'm fairly confident he won't last too much longer in Atlanta.

Shaaady Souljah
06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
I hope Michael Vick gets cornered in an alley by a couple of angry pitbulls and they tear him apart until he diea... that guy is sick.

And I really don't care what happens with Pacman. If he gets the boot, oh well. If he doesn't, oh well. ;) He's not worthy of all of the discussion and news that he has already gotten.

Shaaady Souljah
06-19-2007, 04:16 PM
If Goodell comes out, suspends, banishes, or whatever Vick the NFL could be labeled as racist even though its pretty justified.

How would that be justified? There is nothing that says the NFL is racist. The reason that all of the suspended players have been black is because the vast majority of players are black.

The last 2 regular season MVPs? Black.
10 of the last 11 Defensive Players of the Year? Black.

I could go on, but I won't. Basically, you are right... Vick is one of the most crucial pieces to the NFL's marketing/sales success, so he probably will not be touched. But, he certainly should be.

Wolf
06-19-2007, 05:08 PM
As for Pacman this isn't surprising, it will either come to NFL banning him or no team signing him. The way Goodell set this new rule up teams are penalized for players having issues off the field, as well they should.

As for Vick, Goodell has to be patient. Vick is the most popular player among black fans and so far those who have been suspended and punished have been mostly black if not all. If Goodell comes out, suspends, banishes, or whatever Vick the NFL could be labeled as racist even though its pretty justified. Personaly I don't like Vick, he is the most OVERRATED player there is. He was a joke in college, he is a joke at quarterback and I'm fairly confident he won't last too much longer in Atlanta. I'm not really sure if I subscribe to that. I mean, it's not like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have gone out and shot each other's family or anything and all they get is a slap on the wrist. Goodell isn't suspending them or trying to make it look like he's suspending them because they're black. He's doing because they've either got a gun problem, a drug problem, or both. I really haven't heard anyone else bring up the race card yet, and I think it should stay that way.

And I really don't care what happens with Pacman. If he gets the boot, oh well. If he doesn't, oh well. ;) He's not worthy of all of the discussion and news that he has already gotten.I think he's been in so much trouble lately that people overlook that fact that he was a terrific player. He really could have moved into the defensive elite if he kept his act together, but now it looks like he'll never play a snap again. If you don't feel sorry for him, and least feel sorry for the wasted potential.

Hoof Hearted25
06-19-2007, 05:09 PM
they cant say anything about being racist until a white guy does all the stuff pacman has done and the nfl doesnt suspend him

PerpetualHeaven
06-19-2007, 05:17 PM
He claims that his family were the ones who did the dog fights. There isn't empirical evidence linking Vick to the dog fights so why are you guys being so critical and firm on a decision of him being suspended or banned? I admit he is overrated but that's not because he wants to be. He's an excellent player. He is. The fact of the matter is his coaching staff has never given him the chance to increase his accuracy throwing the ball. They love his legs and they rely on his legs. It's not his decision to not throw. Petrino has promised that Vick will be throwing 65% this season. Whether it may be true or not, Vick will greatly increase his passing ability. He has a cannon for an arm. If he could just simply control it and aim better, he would be the most lethal QB in the league. We all know he can run, but his passing accuracy is garbage. Also, how can you say he was a joke in college? Before everyone made a huge deal about his legs, the first year he played he was throwing extremely well. He's just been surrounded by influence that his legs are the only things that matter.

As for Pacman, what an idiot. People have such an awesome opportunity like this and throw it away.

twotonkoala
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
It's truly amazing to me that Pac Man does what he does. Really makes you wonder why he took out the full page ad in the Tenn. newspaper apologizing to the fans and promising that he'll clean his act up, then turn around and do this like 2 weeks later.

And Vick should be gone too. How he hasn't been arrested and jailed is beyond me. Video proving he's done it, dead dog carcasses at the house, and everything else stacks up. What bugs me even more is his attitude about it. He's nonchalant and even said something to the effect of "it doesn't matter what I do, people will still love me." Disgusting.

Wolf
06-19-2007, 05:25 PM
He claims that his family were the ones who did the dog fights. There isn't empirical evidence linking Vick to the dog fights so why are you guys being so critical and firm on a decision of him being suspended or banned? I admit he is overrated but that's not because he wants to be. He's an excellent player. He is. The fact of the matter is his coaching staff has never given him the chance to increase his accuracy throwing the ball. They love his legs and they rely on his legs. It's not his decision to not throw. Petrino has promised that Vick will be throwing 65% this season. Whether it may be true or not, Vick will greatly increase his passing ability. He has a cannon for an arm. If he could just simply control it and aim better, he would be the most lethal QB in the league. We all know he can run, but his passing accuracy is garbage. Also, how can you say he was a joke in college? Before everyone made a huge deal about his legs, the first year he played he was throwing extremely well. He's just been surrounded by influence that his legs are the only things that matter.

As for Pacman, what an idiot. People have such an awesome opportunity like this and throw it away.If you're really going to get into empirical evidence, why is anyone suspended? I mean, there's no proof that Pacman shoot a bouncer at the strip club, just people remembering Jones feel something in his back repeatedly and an unidentified man later paralyzing someone from a gunshot. Likewise, there isn't any real dogfighting evidence of anyone, just a crapload of pit bulls and blood-covered rugs. And, for Vick, this article. (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6863466) People should be held accountable for the people they surround themselves with, and not only for their actions. Why do you think Laverneous Coles had his draft stock drop so low?

twotonkoala
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
He claims that his family were the ones who did the dog fights. There isn't empirical evidence linking Vick to the dog fights so why are you guys being so critical and firm on a decision of him being suspended or banned?

Vick isn't that good though, really, he's changed systems multiple times, changed coaches, and he still can't throw the ball with any accuracy. The thing about Vick and Young and similar players, is if you depend on your legs when you're a QB, it's not going to win you games. It may be exciting, but it won't put a super bowl ring on your finger. It's only a matter of time before they injure themselves or the offense breaks down because it's based on whenever your QB will take off or not. Young has won some games so far, but it's only a matter of time. But that's just my opinion, and it's really neither here nor there.

My point is directly towards the fact that everything has linked Vick to the dog fighting. And even if he "had nothing to do with it" (which both you and I know is BS) he still owned the property where this was going down. You can't absolve yourself from all responsibility. It's still HIS property, which means he is liable for it to some extent.

Beyond that, like I said, we all know he was a part of it, it's just a matter of time before they find that empirical evidence and he's gone.

Clipse 2
06-19-2007, 07:08 PM
How would that be justified? There is nothing that says the NFL is racist. The reason that all of the suspended players have been black is because the vast majority of players are black.

The last 2 regular season MVPs? Black.
10 of the last 11 Defensive Players of the Year? Black.

I could go on, but I won't. Basically, you are right... Vick is one of the most crucial pieces to the NFL's marketing/sales success, so he probably will not be touched. But, he certainly should be.
Sorry Shady, I don't mean banning Vick would justify the NFL being racist, I mean that if Goodell bans, suspends Vick many would feel that the NFL was racist even if it were for a justified reason (dog fighting, pot water battle, etc.) Sorry I should have clarified that and will edit my original post.

Shaaady Souljah
06-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Sorry Shady, I don't mean banning Vick would justify the NFL being racist, I mean that if Goodell bans, suspends Vick many would feel that the NFL was racist even if it were for a justified reason (dog fighting, pot water battle, etc.) Sorry I should have clarified that and will edit my original post.

yeah, its all good. i knew what you meant--i was just makin sure ;) and to explain it further to everyone else... it is the truth though, even if not true. people would jump to that assumption.

PerpetualHeaven
06-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Vick isn't that good though, really, he's changed systems multiple times, changed coaches, and he still can't throw the ball with any accuracy. The thing about Vick and Young and similar players, is if you depend on your legs when you're a QB, it's not going to win you games. It may be exciting, but it won't put a super bowl ring on your finger. It's only a matter of time before they injure themselves or the offense breaks down because it's based on whenever your QB will take off or not. Young has won some games so far, but it's only a matter of time. But that's just my opinion, and it's really neither here nor there.

My point is directly towards the fact that everything has linked Vick to the dog fighting. And even if he "had nothing to do with it" (which both you and I know is BS) he still owned the property where this was going down. You can't absolve yourself from all responsibility. It's still HIS property, which means he is liable for it to some extent.

Beyond that, like I said, we all know he was a part of it, it's just a matter of time before they find that empirical evidence and he's gone.

The coaches that use Vick, use him as LEGS. They don't care for his throwing ability. They never specifically tried to improve his throwing ability like Petrino is trying to do at the moment. That's the difference. If you were a basketball player and they always told you to drive in, would you find it easy to take a game winning three? No, it would be so difficult. Like wise, the majority of the play books Vick has been surrounded by since his college days are running plays. There is a reason why his running average is so high. He's one of the best runners in the league but not only that, his arm is one of the strongest. It's way up there but he has no accuracy. No one has helped him IMPROVE. That is the job of a coaching staff. Since day one, he's ran and ran a lot. That's all he does. He hasn't been surrounded by the necessary coaching staff to improve as a passer.

As for him being arrested, oh well. He probably did it. If he actually did, I hope justice is served.

The thing that amazes me is that all these players have such good talent and are among the best. They get paid millions a year to play football, while some people have to live by working in McDonalds, yet they go commit crimes? So idiotic. I wish I was even a punter for a football team.

twotonkoala
06-20-2007, 06:34 AM
The coaches that use Vick, use him as LEGS. They don't care for his throwing ability. They never specifically tried to improve his throwing ability like Petrino is trying to do at the moment. That's the difference. If you were a basketball player and they always told you to drive in, would you find it easy to take a game winning three? No, it would be so difficult. Like wise, the majority of the play books Vick has been surrounded by since his college days are running plays. There is a reason why his running average is so high. He's one of the best runners in the league but not only that, his arm is one of the strongest. It's way up there but he has no accuracy. No one has helped him IMPROVE. That is the job of a coaching staff. Since day one, he's ran and ran a lot. That's all he does. He hasn't been surrounded by the necessary coaching staff to improve as a passer.

As for him being arrested, oh well. He probably did it. If he actually did, I hope justice is served.

The thing that amazes me is that all these players have such good talent and are among the best. They get paid millions a year to play football, while some people have to live by working in McDonalds, yet they go commit crimes? So idiotic. I wish I was even a punter for a football team.

I hear ya, it's a valid point. He's just become so one dimensional that he can't adjust. At some point you have to start wondering if it's the coaching staff or the player. You know the front office isn't going to get rid of him, he's puts butts in the seats.

But I totally agree; the things some of them do with their money is mind boggling. I suppose they get so much money and have so many yes men around them, they get to thinking their above the law.

Even punters make at least 3-4 hundred grand a year though. I'd join up.:drunk

Will Metropolis
06-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Pacman Jones is ridiculously dumb! I don't know if this guys' parents dropped him at the Zoo and he was raised by gorillas or what. He doesn't know how to stay out of trouble and that will lead to Roger Goodell throwing him out of The League.

Hoof Hearted25
06-22-2007, 10:34 PM
he has been arrested today and released on bail is this the thing that gets him kicked out for good

KingWarEagle
06-28-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm from nashville and everyone here pretty much wants him gone. We chose him over Devin Hester. It's the Titan's fault. They have no control over any players and never pick anybody god in the draft. Everybody in the Titan's organization needs to be fired except anybody working on the defensive side of the ball. I go to every home game and Fisher is terrible. We run 3 downs out of 4 downs with a 35 year RB. Somebody needs to knock some sense into the owner Bud Adams. This is pathetic.

twotonkoala
06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
That's a rough draw to put on Fisher's shoulders though. The biggest reason they are having difficulties is because they are still dealing with the backloaded contracts during the McNair/George years when they were pushing for the Super Bowl. Fisher is one of the most tenured coaches in the league for a reason. But if you give someone a salary cap where 1/3rd of the cap is going to people that don't play for the team anymore, of course you're going to struggle. The real culprits are the owners/GM.

I guarantee you if they didn't draft Pac-Man, it wouldn't have been Hester that the Titans drafted. There were a lot more teams that passed up on Hester.

Hulking Bubba65
06-28-2007, 11:49 PM
i hope hes gets suspended from the NFL for life. He's not worthy of playing a professional sport after his "conduct".He doesn't deserve any of this publicity at all, i think he's just a big asshole

Wandering Proof
07-02-2007, 02:17 AM
I am surprised that in all of this it wasn't mentioned that kids should be thought of above all things. There are so many young kids that look up to these athletes as role models. They try to emulate them, whether it is their play or their actions off the field.

Whether they want to be roll models or not, they are going to be, and they need to learn to act as such.

Both players should be banned from the league, no questions asked. If the NFL is worried about how much money they might lose, then their priorities are beyond jacked up. There are always gonna be more Micheal Vick's, when it comes to popularity of players.

They are risking losing more then they are gaining trying to make a few bucks in the short term.

Bombstriker
07-04-2007, 06:12 AM
As myself being a Tennessee Titan fan, I am certainly pissed at Pacman and think that he is just about a lost cause now. I mean he can't stay out of trouble and he is doing nothing but bringing another reason to the table to make people hate the Titans.

I know Fisher is sick of this whole mess and it really has to be stressful for such a talented coach like that. Don't get me wrong, I love Pacman's ability! He is a great corner without a doubt, but I don't want a star player like that for my team getting arrested two or three times a year. It looks bad on the team and the NFL.