PDA

View Full Version : Bad Set of Achievements

wright3034
02-10-2011, 07:55 PM
This and Fable 2 have some very bad achievements.

6 different collectable achievements is completely overboard and redundant.

Making 20 friends not only takes forever but has absolutely no bearing on the game whatsoever. What difference does it make if you have zero friends or 100?

Make the achievements FUN to get, not tedious and boring.

I like this game a lot and I am going to get these achievements just so that my gamerscore reflects how much I like the game, but I'm going to hate tracking down every piece of clothing, every flower, key, gnome, book, and weapon.

Does anybody have any ideas for better achievements?

TL;DR These achievements suck, can you come up with better ones?

ATCS
02-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I completely agree. There is nothing worse than developers dragging on a game with stupid fetch quests for NO reason. Add in a few extra missions, not "collect 3000 keys and books" and waste all of our time.

Toams07
02-11-2011, 01:53 PM
not "collect 3000 keys and books" and waste all of our time.
If you think it wastes your time then dont do it.
Okay, so many collectibles is time-consuming, the weapon-achievement is insane (you'd think LH would've learned something from the 6 dolls), but not all achievements are bad. And I really like the descriptions of unlocked achievements

But yeah, 30 books, 54 keys, 30 flowers and 50 gnomes is a big lot against 50 gargoyles and 50 keys from Fable 2

Andreas_loel
02-11-2011, 03:08 PM
This and Fable 2 have some very bad achievements.

Making 20 friends not only takes forever but has absolutely no bearing on the game whatsoever. What difference does it make if you have zero friends or 100?

Make the achievements FUN to get, not tedious and boring.

I like this game a lot and I am going to get these achievements just so that my gamerscore reflects how much I like the game, but I'm going to hate tracking down every piece of clothing, every flower, key, gnome, book, and weapon.

Does anybody have any ideas for better achievements?

TL;DR These achievements suck, can you come up with better ones?

If you complain about finding collectibles you are just fucking stupid, the collectibles are miles easier then most other collectibles. Try RE5 those collectibles were harder to find, but it was still awesome looking for them.

How bout this achievement: Start the game 1000g does that sound easy enough for you seeing as you qq about this game which in reality only have two semi annoying achievements such as the weapons and the glitches friends one.

ATCS
02-12-2011, 12:45 AM
If you complain about finding collectibles you are just fucking stupid, the collectibles are miles easier then most other collectibles.

There's really no reason to speak this way. We just don't like collectibles but sometimes I feel compelled to get them for the GS. Which is sad in it's own right, I know.

To each their own, right? No need to call people "fucking stupid".

FSparacino4
02-12-2011, 07:38 AM
There's really no reason to speak this way. We just don't like collectibles but sometimes I feel compelled to get them for the GS. Which is sad in it's own right, I know.

To each their own, right? No need to call people "fucking stupid".

I have recently become a completionist in the true sense of the word. I gather every collectible and I dont mind these achievements. Getting 100% in a game, going even beyond the achievements (i.e. 100% sync in all of AC: Brotherhood or gathering every single log in Dead Space 2) gives me a sense of satisfaction that I can't really describe. Call me crazy, but the achievements in this game aren't so bad

Toams07
02-12-2011, 09:06 AM
If you complain about finding collectibles you are just fucking stupid

Omg .. there's absolutely no need to call someone 'fucking stupid' just because he doesn't like collectibles

Andreas_loel
02-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Omg .. there's absolutely no need to call someone 'fucking stupid' just because he doesn't like collectibles

Complaining about a game like this which is easy as fuck is fucking stupid, it wasnt just the collectibles thingy that made me realize that he was a tard, his entire post did.

Most of you fuckers just seem to want to make every game easier and easier, if you dont enjoy fucking look for easy as hell collectibles with well written guides then dont fucking do it.

There are many games out there that have way worse lists then this game, and if shit hits the fan it still got coop all the way trough so try to enjoy it for what it is instead of complaining about a fucking list that gives you points that only works to boost your own ego.

Ragnarok1986
02-12-2011, 02:43 PM

100% correct disagreeing is one thing this is plan nasty.

Okay I do agree maybe 2 or 3 collecting achievements would have been enough. But this is fable and every game has alot of things to collect.

If you complain about finding collectibles you are just fucking stupid, the collectibles are miles easier then most other collectibles. Try RE5 those collectibles were harder to find, but it was still awesome looking for

For some one which has been using the site for a long time. One would think you would be used to this type of question/Thread. To act like this make you look immature.

Loads of swearing on this thread be best closed and less Internet hardmen ;)

Andreas_loel
02-12-2011, 05:05 PM
For some one which has been using the site for a long time. One would think you would be used to this type of question/Thread. To act like this make you look immature.

Loads of swearing on this thread be best closed and less Internet hardmen ;)

Ofcourse im used to this kind of retarded posts, doesnt mean that i wanna give him hugs and kisses for pointing out that he complains about trivial shit that doesnt really need any complain

So fable 3 got collectible achievements, bad thing? no not really because Peter Molyneux couldnt live up to what he made it up to be once again.
Just because of that they try to mask that they lack a shitload of content by making people go look for pointless things.

160ish collectible things, and thats counting clothes which in reality you only need to work your ass off for 1 set piece, get real its nothing.

The flowers take 1-2 hours unless you cant read, even still you can find em no problem without the well written guide that can be found on this forum.

And then you got keys, i mean those are somewhat annoying but yet again THERE IS A WELL WRITTEN GUIDE ON THIS FORUM AND COUNTLESS YOUTUBE VIDS...

Last but not least the gnomes... They even scream when you get close, oh and guess what just as with everything else THERE IS A WELL WRITTEN GUIDE ON THIS FORUM

If you wanna bitch then start doing it at the things that need bitching. Which is the "Trade with other random fuckers online because people are so helpful" achievements they are so fucking fond off.

And if you think im sitting here trying to be some kind of internet badass then you are simply mistaken, i dont go out of my way and try to impress on others by using profanity its just how i speak and ive always spoken.

Toams07
02-12-2011, 05:23 PM
160ish collectible things, and thats counting clothes which in reality you only need to work your ass off for 1 set piece, get real its nothing.

Well at least it's better than than 400 flags (damn you Assassins Creed)

Anyway, let's stop this before it turns out into a massive word fight.
Some people here hate the collectibles, some support them, others think they are ''idiots'' for thinking that.
Instead of flaming each other for what we say or trying to convince others that they're wrong (which nobody probably will succeed in) we could also use these forums for what they are meant for: to help out whoever is on the forum.

Andreas_loel
02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Well at least it's better than than 400 flags (damn you Assassins Creed)

Anyway, let's stop this before it turns out into a massive word fight.
Some people here hate the collectibles, some support them, others think they are ''idiots'' for thinking that.
Instead of flaming each other for what we say or trying to convince others that they're wrong (which nobody probably will succeed in) we could also use these forums for what they are meant for: to help out whoever is on the forum.

But then you get what i mean, there is so many other games were the collectibles are just a pain in the ass. The reason why they added so many in this game is due to lack of real content, and also to make the player explore the entire world.

I wouldnt mind having a "Complete bla bla x20" type but seeing as i just had to use the 2player thingy for the friends achievement i doubt lionhead could pull it off smoothly ><

I dont love collecting them either but when its not much of a hassle then there is simply no point in just crying over it.

And if you get offended by someone saying something to you over the internet, just realize by the end of the day it means fuck all.

Toams07
02-12-2011, 06:48 PM
And if you get offended by someone saying something to you over the internet, just realize by the end of the day it means fuck all.

I don't get offended by such things often, and I dont know if others do.
But it's not the purpose of these forums, and there's no need to talk bad about others just because they give their opinion.

But I partly agree indeed. Compared with Fable 2 there's too few things to do and it almost seems like they tried to fill it up with collectibles

Dolami9ht
02-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Collecting womens clothing ftw lol

iso chef hat

thanks

IDiivil
02-13-2011, 01:42 AM
The only thing about Fable 3 achievements that really annoyed me was the one messed up key (it said it was in Mistpeak, but it's in another map for some odd reason) and the weapons achievement.

I got both done in about day each regardless, though. What could be done for achievements in general could be to make them difficult instead of tedious. I know Halo: Reach's Legendary on solo mode is like that... Hard, but fun as hell!

ImaginaryRuins
02-13-2011, 04:29 AM
I actually don't mind collecting objects, so long as there is a guide to follow and the objects don't depend on luck to obtain. For example, in AC there are hundreds of flags but as long as we follow a guide strictly all is needed is time, not luck or skills.

The element that makes the Dolls, Weapons and Clothes achievements annoying (extremely annoying if one asks me) is the requirement for 'exchange with other players'.

Gold membership must be needed, a common time for players to online is needed, good manner of that player is needed (cheating is absolutely unavoidable. Some promises to use the collectibles for a short time and will return them BUT you know what I mean).

These achievements make it that, after perhaps 5 or 6 years when only very few players are left to play these games, they are virtually no longer obtainable, which is no fun to me.

a dead baby 69
02-13-2011, 05:55 AM
I would like to see achievements that you get as the game progresses and achievements that take you completly out to no where that have nothing to do with the game i dont mind difficult achievements as long as they have bearing on the game not to go accomplish something just cause a developer thought it would be funny as for collectible achievements they are ok as long as i can acquire all objects on my own not relying on xbox live and co-op thats just f-ing retarded

Grimfel
02-13-2011, 10:15 AM
I am getting tired of a lot of games like this making achievements that are just time sinks. Nothing else. You want me to play your game, you want me to spend time in the game world, put things in there for me to do. New things to discover... Not mindless running around, or stupid grinds, (I'm looking at you FFXIII...)... make the quest line longer... Fallout I think manages this wonderfully! They even have a collection quest in NV and it wasn't bad because there was stuff to do while you were collecting! (Sunset Star Caps) It is fun to explore in a game like that... exploring in Fable is boring. There is no reward. Except achievements. Which I like most of you will get, because that is what we do... I'm just tired of pointless fluff...

And seriously... the stupid trade with douche bags over live because I'm Molyneux and I believe the world is wonderful happy sharing and caring pile of Barney Vomit, is just dumb. Do not force me to rely on other people that I don't know to get an achievement. If I have one or MAYBE two other friends that play the game, I should be able to get the achievement...

Toams07
02-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I am getting tired of a lot of games like this making achievements that are just time sinks. Nothing else. You want me to play your game, you want me to spend time in the game world, put things in there for me to do. New things to discover... Not mindless running around, or stupid grinds, (I'm looking at you FFXIII...)... make the quest line longer... Fallout I think manages this wonderfully! They even have a collection quest in NV and it wasn't bad because there was stuff to do while you were collecting! (Sunset Star Caps) It is fun to explore in a game like that... exploring in Fable is boring. There is no reward. Except achievements. Which I like most of you will get, because that is what we do... I'm just tired of pointless fluff...

Have you ever played Oblivion?
I think that fulfills what you expect from a game perfectly

Grimfel
02-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Have you ever played Oblivion?
I think that fulfills what you expect from a game perfectly

I have. Was the first game I 100%ed... and yes you are correct. It was and still is one of my favorite games of all time. Never got bored, or tedious. Just was fun, fun, fun all the way through. It was like an MMO without the M... ;D

AgEnT STARZz
02-13-2011, 01:22 PM
I dont find collectible achievements boring at all! I normally collect them as i play the game rather than leave them to the end! I have only just got the support of the dwellers and i have 10+ gnomes, 10+ keys and 6books! That way im not stuck at the end of the game trying to find them all!

Ragnarok1986
02-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I dont find collectible achievements boring at all! I normally collect them as i play the game rather than leave them to the end! I have only just got the support of the dwellers and i have 10+ gnomes, 10+ keys and 6books! That way im not stuck at the end of the game trying to find them all!

I'm crap doing it like this i cant remember which ones I have collected. So when I watch the videos I end up going back to the areas :/ so that's the reason I leave them till the end.

Toams07
02-13-2011, 01:42 PM

I'm crap doing it like this i cant remember which ones I have collected. So when I watch the videos I end up going back to the areas :/ so that's the reason I leave them till the end.
:whs
I always try to do collectibles at the end
Made the mistake of doing it at the start twice (Burnout Paradise 400 fences and Assassins Creed 400 flags) so I never do them at the start

Grimfel
02-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Made the mistake of doing it at the start twice (Burnout Paradise 400 fences and Assassins Creed 400 flags) so I never do them at the start

Yeah... I get super confused, and then I forget, and then I miss some. Then, when going down the list, you trip out, because you swear you got one, but you didn't, and then you think you did and you didn't...

AgEnT STARZz
02-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah... I get super confused, and then I forget, and then I miss some. Then, when going down the list, you trip out, because you swear you got one, but you didn't, and then you think you did and you didn't...

But i always copy down the lists on here onto my notepad on my laptop and check off once i have them ;)

Toams07
02-13-2011, 03:41 PM
But i always copy down the lists on here onto my notepad on my laptop and check off once i have them ;)

Yeah well with 400 different ones I already loose a bunch of time looking which one I have to check off

jacobite
02-15-2011, 07:06 AM
My biggest mistake is grabbing stuff as I progress through the game, at the end I say right lets get these keys, now I mabye use a guide and I cant remeber which ones Iv got and its so much harder looking for a key that isnt there. The pigeons in GTA4 gah!

I could do more before starting a game set up lists and such but for me that really sucks the fun right out of a new game I do love to run in and see whats what :)

Both fable 2 and 3 I do think are pretty easy, its just the multiplayer ones I hate and for F3 they were pretty easy.... not finished weapons yet :)

XBL Unreal
02-16-2011, 08:08 PM
I for one will take collectibles over having to play 1000 ranked matches, or 100,000 kills, or kill x amount of people with this weapon.

Grimfel
02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
I for one will take collectibles over having to play 1000 ranked matches, or 100,000 kills, or kill x amount of people with this weapon.

I agree with the first two... but kill x with x weapons usually aren't that bad... I don't know if I've seen them in MP but in SP it's usually pretty reasonable.

EMP
02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Who care's? If you dare to try and get the achievements for the game then go for it.. when you bought or rented the game you knew what you were in store for and really just think how many other achievement game's that are out there. This game is an easy 800+ some game's you beat and you only have 400 gamerscore in 1 playthrough.

Dangerous Brian
02-17-2011, 02:05 AM
The collectables are a bit OTT but if they were easy, THEY WOULDN'T BE ACHIEVMENTS, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE ACHIEVED ANYTHING. Anyone can complete a game without doing anything optional but collectables make any game better in my opinion. (Except Two Worlds and those damned map locations)

Ragnarok1986
02-17-2011, 02:15 AM
The collectables are a bit OTT but if they were easy, THEY WOULDN'T BE ACHIEVMENTS, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE ACHIEVED ANYTHING. Anyone can complete a game without doing anything optional but collectables make any game better in my opinion. (Except Two Worlds and those damned map locations)

Haha check my gamer card bloody two worlds Grrrr

OT- I think you have hit the nail on the head with this.

bigbear2face
02-17-2011, 04:02 PM
For the most part I really like this game's achievement list but I do agree that there may be a few to many collectible achievements. I think eliminating the clothing achievement and maybe the flower achievement and replacing them with more oddball achievements (like a chicken kickin' achievement or a polygamist/swinger achievement) would have made the list perfect.

Grimfel
02-17-2011, 06:11 PM
For the most part I really like this game's achievement list but I do agree that there may be a few to many collectible achievements. I think eliminating the clothing achievement and maybe the flower achievement and replacing them with more oddball achievements (like a chicken kickin' achievement or a polygamist/swinger achievement) would have made the list perfect.

That's a great point... what I always loved about Fable was the random awesomeness of the achievements.... Collecting crap is just sub par in the creativity department in my opinion.

a dead baby 69
02-19-2011, 12:54 AM
maybe collectible achivements in this game would be more enjoyable if you had more abillity to raom the map for the most part every location is linear and you cant just go and get lost somewhere let us explore go to dungeons or cities that dont have a specific purpose in main story line

FSparacino4
02-19-2011, 07:35 AM

I can understand complaining about the # of collectible achievements, but the two you mention (flowers & clothing) are the easiest two!! The biggest pain in the ass is the legendary weapon achievement (more so when the game first came out) because all 49 other achievements were done after a single playthrough. Collecting all the weapons on your own required playing over and over until you got them all. Fortunately, I had a buddy who had duplicates of all the weapons, but some people aren't as fortunate.

IMO the only achievement I wouldn't mind being left out is the weapon one.

Toams07
02-19-2011, 08:38 AM
IMO the only achievement I wouldn't mind being left out is the weapon one.
Never that one should've been brought in

loyaltrekie
02-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Complaining about a game like this which is easy as fuck is fucking stupid, it wasnt just the collectibles thingy that made me realize that he was a tard, his entire post did.

Most of you fuckers just seem to want to make every game easier and easier, if you dont enjoy fucking look for easy as hell collectibles with well written guides then dont fucking do it.

There are many games out there that have way worse lists then this game, and if shit hits the fan it still got coop all the way trough so try to enjoy it for what it is instead of complaining about a fucking list that gives you points that only works to boost your own ego.

I'm glad to see there are some other people out there that like to swear to make them selves feel superior to make up for their other shortcomings :)

verybadloser
02-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Collect all 50 legendary weapons, but we know you will only ever use two of these weapons to play the actual game. Also you need to ACTUALLY have all 50 different weapons at the same time, so what on earth can you actually trade?

Toams07
02-21-2011, 10:14 AM
I sure hope there's gonna be a Fable 4 and that F4 will have a way better list than this. As well a better story, better inv, better map etc.

xCH4PM4Nx
02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
cheevs arent that bad, the few that are hard are what makes it a trophy to have 1000/1000

NinjaKiwiVI
02-23-2011, 05:27 PM
I didn't think Fable 2 was too bad, I just hate the online collectables since I don't have many friends on live that play Fable. I still try to go for these achievements, but some are just impossible, but, collectables are better than some other achievements.

niko da bos
02-23-2011, 05:42 PM
I sure hope there's gonna be a Fable 4 and that F4 will have a way better list than this. As well a better story, better inv, better map etc.

i loved this game and only achivement i disliked was 'legendary weapons.' dont like the idea of trading with other players to get all 50, i would gladly finish it if they were all in my game. it just seems silly they made this achivement, after soo many people had troubles with finding 6 hero dolls from fable 2.i personally kind of enjoy collectables, but admit that fable3 was a little overboard.

they should have filled these slots with more creative achivements. for instance, "king henry VIII" was one of my fav achivements of all time. when i read it after buying the game i was laughing so hard, i suppose its more funny if you remember learning about him in History class

Toams07
02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
i loved this game and only achivement i disliked was 'legendary weapons.' dont like the idea of trading with other players to get all 50, i would gladly finish it if they were all in my game. it just seems silly they made this achivement, after soo many people had troubles with finding 6 hero dolls from fable 2.i personally kind of enjoy collectables, but admit that fable3 was a little overboard.

they should have filled these slots with more creative achivements. for instance, "king henry VIII" was one of my fav achivements of all time. when i read it after buying the game i was laughing so hard, i suppose its more funny if you remember learning about him in History class

Well Lionhead does know how to make gamers pissed.
I never disliked the game, but there were too many letdowns for me to think it's an improvement over Fable 2.
I'm still thinking of buying Fable 1, since everyone says it's so great, but so far 2 is my favorite.

KuShNsTieN
02-26-2011, 04:59 AM
well these collectible achievements are annoying because its alot you have to find..but really think about it. theres other games that have wayy more worse collectible or mp achievements then this. and they can hardly be boosted... imagine what gears is going to put out lol.

Quickdraw
02-26-2011, 11:09 AM
there are well worse collectables, any game with loads and loads of collectables should come with a tracking system as standard to ease the pain if they feel they must put X amount of collectables in the game.

Jenneke88
02-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Agreed, the Henry 8th achievement was brilliant. I really hated the trading with other players achievements. They are such a pain in the ass.

Quickdraw
02-26-2011, 04:54 PM
the idea for the weapons was to get people cooping more and doing stuff together, the idea was great but the way it was put into the game was flawed. a simple *owning* a weapon should have been enough, not having all 50 at once.

if they had done that instead it would have been fine in my eyes.

Toams07
02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
the idea for the weapons was to get people cooping more and doing stuff together, the idea was great but the way it was put into the game was flawed. a simple *owning* a weapon should have been enough, not having all 50 at once.

if they had done that instead it would have been fine in my eyes.

I dont even like the idea of 50 Legendary Weapons and no normal weapons in a game ..:woop:

Quickdraw
02-26-2011, 05:11 PM
I dont even like the idea of 50 Legendary Weapons and no normal weapons in a game ..:woop:

well yes true, id consider the none upgraded items to be normal then full slots to be legendary, if they just have some normal weapons all over the place it might oversight the legendary's to be used. they really wanted to push the weapons change based on you concept and with normals prolly wouldn't work so well i guess.

or just too many weapons in the game, like random generating items ilke in borderlands now that was silly :).

LiLBrOwNiE247
02-28-2011, 04:01 AM
I really don't have a problem with giving the time to hunt for collectibles (Crackdown 2 and your 950 orbs, go fuck yourselves). My main problem with the keys/gnomes/flowers/books is that the abhorrent amounts of enemies that get in your way when you go collectible hunting. If I didn't have to deal with 5 waves of Heavy Hollowmen/Balverines everywhere I went, I wouldn't have a problem.

I wish that you could just make some royal decree that would place security guards on every square inch of Albion. That way you wouldn't be constantly harassed by asshats trying to make your job a lot harder.

Combatjohnny
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
i dont mind any of the achievements hear. they have made a massive game and they want you to explore all of it to collect things. im not much of a completionist but i do want to get 100% on this game because its so good and i enjoy playing it. the only achievements that really annoy me are glitched ones where you do all the work and gain nothing for it. the 20 friends one on fable 3 is an example of that.

stevebaker28
03-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm not too fussed about collecting as it helps me explore the world (kinda the same way the last gen GTA games I did the taxi missions first to get a feel of the place) but I don't like online trading. Speaking as someone who arranged a trade, gave the weapons and the guy just kicked me out and stole my stuff this is just a crappy way to make GS. I was very upset that I had been cyber robbed after I had been nice enough to offer a trade and come Fable 4 I hope that this type of acheivement is kicked out of the brainstorming seesion. Basically, Lionhead, take note of scores of people here and the xbox forum, who say they don't want to do this type of cheevo. Other than cyber thieves I loved all the achievements and feel proud to be part of the 1250 club!

Toams07
03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
but I don't like online trading.

Me neither.
A lot of people always want to speak through mic, but since I'm not from USA it's almost always a pain for me to understand what they're saying, especially since their voice's come out of a headset.

Luckily, the few one's I could understand without problems were able to set me up with 35/50 weps :)

Quickdraw
03-02-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm not too fussed about collecting as it helps me explore the world (kinda the same way the last gen GTA games I did the taxi missions first to get a feel of the place) but I don't like online trading. Speaking as someone who arranged a trade, gave the weapons and the guy just kicked me out and stole my stuff this is just a crappy way to make GS. I was very upset that I had been cyber robbed after I had been nice enough to offer a trade and come Fable 4 I hope that this type of acheivement is kicked out of the brainstorming seesion. Basically, Lionhead, take note of scores of people here and the xbox forum, who say they don't want to do this type of cheevo. Other than cyber thieves I loved all the achievements and feel proud to be part of the 1250 club!

i think they like the idea of trading each other for item's, i don't think they remove it but they will make changes hopefully so you jut gotta have owned all 50 as a example rather than all 50 at once. or you pick up the patterns for them instead of the weapons and can makum at blacksmiths and tradum maybe.

stevebaker28
03-02-2011, 06:08 PM
i think they like the idea of trading each other for item's, i don't think they remove it but they will make changes hopefully so you jut gotta have owned all 50 as a example rather than all 50 at once. or you pick up the patterns for them instead of the weapons and can makum at blacksmiths and tradum maybe.

See this idea is waaayyy more appealing to me and it would have longevity. Not only that but it would also give a really valid reason for having a blacksmiths mini game since in 2 and 3 money wasn't difficult to come across.

Me neither.
A lot of people always want to speak through mic, but since I'm not from USA it's almost always a pain for me to understand what they're saying, especially since their voice's come out of a headset.

Luckily, the few one's I could understand without problems were able to set me up with 35/50 weps :)

Dito here. Luckily I had a very understandable guy from the states last night helping me finish the guns cheevo. Although I think my Yorkshire accent threw him a bit at times :D much props to Futuramafry for trusting me there. There seem to be a lot of douches on live too...

Oh and to whoever said they were thinking of buying Fable 1, you really should! Its a damn shame Fable:TLC aint on the games market place

Quickdraw
03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
See this idea is waaayyy more appealing to me and it would have longevity. Not only that but it would also give a really valid reason for having a blacksmiths mini game since in 2 and 3 money wasn't difficult to come across.

Dito here. Luckily I had a very understandable guy from the states last night helping me finish the guns cheevo. Although I think my Yorkshire accent threw him a bit at times :D much props to Futuramafry for trusting me there. There seem to be a lot of douches on live too...

Oh and to whoever said they were thinking of buying Fable 1, you really should! Its a damn shame Fable:TLC aint on the games market place

prolly find it second hard a lot cheaper in a shop, for me its rotting in a nearby grainger games i believe.

for money i used pie making for my start up and then just bought everything, found pie making the easiest to do and rack up the multiplier.

I like the jobs, but if you do so well in something you should really get something out of it really in my eyes. but fable might be a bit too in depth for that. i do hope they make the amend to one or both changes i said, would prolly make it more enjoyable for most people.

Andreas_loel
03-03-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm glad to see there are some other people out there that like to swear to make them selves feel superior to make up for their other shortcomings :)

You tried too hard doing that yourself

Toams07
03-03-2011, 06:26 PM

YEah that was me ..
Well Im kinda out of money now, but since everyone keeps saying its so great I guess Ill get it sooner or later

Dangerous Brian
09-23-2011, 01:07 PM
or just too many weapons in the game, like random generating items ilke in borderlands now that was silly :).

Bet you're glad you didn't have to collect all of those weapons for an achievement.

TriRock
09-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Apart from the weapons, the collectables weren't that hard. At least compared to games like Prototype. I'm more dissapointed that the story is actually quite short, and that the game is simplified over Fable 2.

Qonok
09-25-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't mind collectables as long as they add something other than gamerscore. In ArcaniA: Gothic 4 the collection quests actually gave you the best items in the game for completing them. Fable 3 gave some good items. This is what I like in collectables. The pigeons in GTA4 gave nothing but wasted time.

At least in Fable 3 there was a counter for each area that showed how many collectables you had left in that area (except for flowers).

XcS Dead Deer
10-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Personally, i'm fine with some collectable achievements. Keys, gnomes, flowers, that's fine, i'll go through and do that. Finding 42 collectables and COG tags in GOW, fine with me. Hidden intel in CoD? Done. However, giving us an achievement that we HAVE to have a gold membership for is only understandable if it's a massive multiplayer game. Fable isn't a massive multiplayer game, it's always been a singleplayer. If they were going to do the weapon achievement, they should have done something along the lines of making it an EXTRA achievement so that you can easily get 1k gamerscore for playing a singleplayer game...well...as a single player

He-Man
10-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Personally, i'm fine with some collectable achievements. Keys, gnomes, flowers, that's fine, i'll go through and do that. Finding 42 collectables and COG tags in GOW, fine with me. Hidden intel in CoD? Done. However, giving us an achievement that we HAVE to have a gold membership for is only understandable if it's a massive multiplayer game. Fable isn't a massive multiplayer game, it's always been a singleplayer. If they were going to do the weapon achievement, they should have done something along the lines of making it an EXTRA achievement so that you can easily get 1k gamerscore for playing a singleplayer game...well...as a single player

Exactly.

I despise achievements/trophies that make you rely on someone else to get.