PDA

View Full Version : Ragdoll Effect?

indoorblakininja
02-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Do you think this game will have ragdoll effect or will everyone die/get knocked out the same way like in origins

surreal_82
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
not sure, they seem to have upped the animations some what from the video footage seen but didnt see anyone die of the main characters in a fight so hard to guess, will have to wait and see... the general combat looks fantastic tho, and has eased my fear of it being slimmed too much like ME2... i think they have found a good balance... but will reserve judgement till its in me hands

indoorblakininja
02-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Sounds good so far

Vanilla Coke Zero
02-19-2011, 09:34 PM
you mean ragdoll physics? no, this game will not have ragdoll physics, judging from gameplay vids. it seems that there will be death animations like in origins. i'm a big fan of ragdoll physics, so i'm a little bummed bioware still hasn't implemented this in DAII.

XperimntNterror
02-21-2011, 01:38 PM
personally, i can do without ragdoll physics. they, in most cases, detract from the game for me. most of the time, when an enemy or main character are killed, the death animations wind up looking ridiculous. sure, scripted animations for deaths, etc. aren't very "realistic", but, so far ragdoll physics haven't made them any more believable either. it was amusing when it was first introduced, but now i find i prefer scripted animation over use of a physics engine for those types of animations. oh well. maybe one day someone will get it right, but i'll be grateful if it's not implemented in Dragon Age 2. though it was used in both ME games....

does anyone know if DA 2 is running in a modified version of the original DA:O engine? that would probably answer the question of whether or not they will implement a physics engine for "ragdoll" animations, etc. in DA 2. if it's just a modified version of the same engine, then that would make it less likely (though, it doesn't rule it out completely). however, if it's a brand new engine (or a modified ME engine), it very well could have "ragdoll" physics implemented.

speaking of physics engines (licensed ones anyway), does anyone know of any others aside from Havok and Nvidia's PhysX?