PDA

View Full Version : World in Conflict -- Comming To The 360

angry
06-19-2007, 01:18 PM
News of a Xbox 360 version of the title has been revealed. Yes, you read correctly: the most anticipated PC RTS of the year is coming to the Xbox 360.

World in Conflict, since its first showing at E3 some time ago, has generated quite a bit of excitement and anticipation among PC gamers. When first witness to the game in motion, one will notice its amazing graphics engine which can harness the power of many PC configurations to produce an unsurpassed scale. Massive Entertainment has been hard at work to optimize the game to long and run amazing on rigs both new and old, and they’ll likely utilize the power of the 360 as well.

The year is 1989, and the USSR has been crippled so badly that it must use its nuclear stockpile to make a last-stand, issuing a nuclear war with the U.S. Players can pick 4 different classes to control (armor, infantry, air, and support), and will combine their forces with other players to strategically maneuver the map to defeat their foes. There will be no resource gathering, but rather points that will be accumulated from captured points and slowly after a unit dies.

The PC version is scheduled for a Q3 release this year: the 360 version’s shelf date, however, has not been revealed as of yet. Be sure to stay tuned to Xboxic for more information on this title soon. Thanks to Gamepro Germany for the first news!

Link: http://www.xboxic.com/news/3015

zOwnerofallz
06-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Wow this is the one reason I almost didn't get a 360, because it wouldn't have WiC.

360 now owns PC hands down. :woop:

codedigital
06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Don't you guys love how EVERY game released is described as most anticipated?

Since I'm not much a fan of RTS's...I doubt this'll make me happy.

And besides. The PC is where the genre belongs. Controls are too wonky on consoles. At least in my limited experience.