PDA

View Full Version : List of confirmed characters & arenas

Ceejus
02-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Since there is no thread for this, I figured I'd make one and keep it updated as I check countless MK web sites every day for new information on this game. As of right now:

Confirmed characters:
Baraka
Cyrax (has alternate human appearance)
Ermac (bonus klassic appearance with Kollector's Edition)
Goro (playability unknown)
Jade (Playstation 3 exclusive bonus old appearance with purchase of the movie Mortal Kombat on Blu-Ray)
Jax
Johnny Cage (also has alternate attire)
Kabal
Kano
Kintaro (non-playable, but rumored to become playable via DLC)
Kitana (bonus old appearance with Toys R Us preorder)
Kratos (Playstation 3 exclusive)
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Mileena (bonus old appearance with Wal-Mart preorder)
Nightwolf
Noob Saibot (rumored to have klassic appearance)
Quan Chi (confirmed as hidden unlockable character)
Raiden (rumored to have alternate appearance)
Reptile (bonus klassic appearance with Amazon preorder; has Cyber version in Challenge Tower)
Scorpion (bonus klassic appearance with Gamestop preorder)
Sektor (has alternate human appearance)
Shang Tsung (confirmed to be playable in both younger and elder form)
Shao Kahn (playability unknown)
Sheeva
Sindel
Smoke (Cyber Smoke also listed as possible DLC character by Ed Boon)
Sonya (rumored to have alternate attire)
Stryker
Sub-Zero (bonus klassic appearance with Best Buy preorder; has a Cyber Sub-Zero form)

Confirmed appearances with unknown or no playability:
Daegon (shown fighting in the background on The Pit II)
Frost (shown fighting in the background on The Pit II)
Havik (shown fighting in the background on The Pit II)
Kenshi (shown fighting in the background on The Pit II; also listed as possible DLC character by Ed Boon)
Kira (shown chained in Kahn's Arena)
Li Mei (shown chained in Kahn's Arena)
Meat (shown lying in The Cathedral)
Rain (shown looking over Meat in The Cathedral; also listed as possible DLC character by Ed Boon)
Reiko (shown fighting in the background on The Pit II)
Sareena (shown fighting in the background on The Pit II)
Shinnok (shown looking over Meat in The Cathedral; also listed as possible DLC character by Ed Boon)
Stunt Man (generic character used in new Training Mode)
Tanya (shown chained in Kahn's Arena; also listed as possible DLC character by Ed Boon)
Unknown red-attired female (shown chained in Kahn's Arena; rumored to be either Kira, Sareena, Skarlet, the human Sektor, or a completely new character, and also rumored to be playable)
Unknown second female (shown chained in Kahn's Arena)
Unknown male (shown looking over Meat in The Cathedral)

Other possible appearances:
Motaro (though confirmed to not be playable; shown in Kollector's Edition booklet)

Characters confirmed to not be in the game:
Chameleon
Khameleon
Hsu Hao
Any other "clone" or unpopular character

Confirmed arenas:
Armory
Bell Tower
Bridge (stage fatality confirmed)
Cathedral/Temple
Courtyard (has a night version)
Dead Pool (stage fatality confirmed)
Goro's Lair
Graveyard
Jade's Desert
Kahn's Arena/Kahn's Coliseum
Kratos' Stage (Playstation 3 exclusive)
Living Forest (stage fatality confirmed)
Netherrealm/Hell/Earth's Hell/Hades/Scorpion's Lair (stage fatality confirmed)
Pit II (stage fatality confirmed)
Pit II Bottom
Rooftop (has a night version)
Shang Tsung's Flesh Pit (new arena; not seen in any footage yet)
Shang Tsung's Gardens (new arena)
Shao Kahn's Throne Room
Soul Chamber
Street
Subway (stage fatality confirmed)
Throne Room
Tower/Evil Monastery
Training Room
Wasteland

Like I said, I'll try and keep this updated as more information comes. If you notice anything, let me know.

Welsh Killa B
02-12-2011, 09:03 PM
thanks for taking the time to make this thread, will be using this thread from now on to keep myself updated, cant wait!, though im pretty sure i heard somewhere that kabal was confirmed

DeadXGenocide
02-16-2011, 08:53 PM
YEAH!!! I am exited :P

GET OVER HERE!!!!

Ceejus
02-19-2011, 06:58 AM
In case anyone's wondering, this video confirms The Armory, The Courtyard, and The Wastelands:

YouTube - Mortal Kombat Liu Kang Fatality.flv

Wouldn't be surprised if this got taken down soon, however.

Volcom guy992
02-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Man you are my hero :D Thanks you so much, I was coming here to look for this exactly. I love the Roster so far, I cant really think of anyone else that I really want, everyone I love is in.

Ceejus
03-03-2011, 08:08 PM
That all but confirms the entire Trilogy roster with the exceptions of Sheeva, Kintaro, Motaro, and the two Chameleons who were already confirmed to not be in the game. Still got a month a half until the game releases though. Hopefully they'll show Sheeva on GTTV tonight since they said last week there would be a Mortal Kombat character reveal. I'm curious to see whether they'll give her a new look or not.

tobiasdennis
03-05-2011, 06:28 PM
eh I don't think those are all confirmed characters... you guys are really setting yourselves up to be disappointed when the game comes out.

Every time a MK game is about to come out fans always make these lists, and then when only half those characters are in the game, those same fans jump on the forums and say "THIS GAME SUCKS" "THIS GAME IS UNFINISHED" "THEY LIED TO US".

if you're going to make a confirmed list, put a real link to where it was said that EACH of those characters are confirmed. (I'm obviously really only talking about the "playable" list)

jswartz0181
03-05-2011, 09:56 PM
As to the characters, they're all confirmed wish sources on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game)#Characters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_%282011_video_game%29#Characters) . Plus, I could be mistaken, but I've seen gameplay videos of all except Jade, Kabal, Quan Chi, and Raiden.

Pieville
03-06-2011, 06:39 AM
All the information you need is on
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game)

There are currently 26 confirmed characters with the exception of Kratos which gives PS3 27 characters.

xI aFt3rMaTH Ix
03-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Scorpion all day long!

Pieville
03-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Scorpion all day long!

Sub-Zero all night long! :p

BlindxLink
03-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Sub-Zero all night long! :p

Ermac all eternity! :woop:

Ceejus
03-06-2011, 11:10 PM
eh I don't think those are all confirmed characters... you guys are really setting yourselves up to be disappointed when the game comes out.

Every time a MK game is about to come out fans always make these lists, and then when only half those characters are in the game, those same fans jump on the forums and say "THIS GAME SUCKS" "THIS GAME IS UNFINISHED" "THEY LIED TO US".

if you're going to make a confirmed list, put a real link to where it was said that EACH of those characters are confirmed. (I'm obviously really only talking about the "playable" list)

The characters I listed have all been confirmed in videos and screens. The ones that are rumor-only through word of mouth have their own section in my list. Most of this info is on the Mortal Kombat wiki with sources, but I added some extra info to the list, such as Motaro being seen in the Kollector's Edition booklet. The screen of that is on IGN. Plus, there were a lot of questions on this forum regarding preorder exclusives, so I added that information in as well.

tobiasdennis
03-07-2011, 03:19 AM
check my secret achievements revealed thread for another confirmed character that's not on your list...

but you may not want to add it because... it's secret.

Ceejus
03-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Done. Hadn't been on my computer all day until now. Thanks for the info. It's funny - there was a period of time where I didn't play Mortal Kombat, and I always thought there was a Cyber Sub-Zero. I must have gotten him confused for Cyber Smoke since there's two different versions of both characters.

Stropter
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
im glad stryker is confirmed, one of my favourite charakters

ConfederateSuga
03-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Very solid roster with only a few notable missing characters. Too bad they couldn't pull off the roster from MK: Anthology. It was perfect D:. And any confirmation on whether or not they're bringing back that awful Kwest mode? I sure fucking hope not. Just sayin'!

Ceejus
03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Kwest Mode was not returning in this game. Don't quote me on that though.

KuShNsTieN
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM
its stupid that jade is only ps3 if i checked right. she should be in the regualr game since she is a original character.

Ceejus
03-10-2011, 04:23 AM
http://www.kamidogu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11651
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/15634-Biggest-spoiler-ever!-Full-char-list-

This finally confirms Smoke, Sheeva, and Kintaro (though these three still haven't been shown in any footage yet). With Rain confirmed as a probable DLC character, and Chameleon and Khameleon confirmed to not be in the game, that leaves only the question of Motaro. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point he will not be in the game. He hasn't been shown or hinted at in anything else other than the art book that comes with the Kollector's Edition. Considering (after Rain is released) he'd be the only one besides Chameleon and Khameleon from the Trilogy roster left out, it's possible he could be DLC, but given his horse body, it might be too much work for Netherrealm to include him. That's my guess anyway.

Pieville
03-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Thank god, Sheeva's in it. Well thank Raiden. She's one of my favorites, and when I saw a her in the Raiden trailer, I was happy. :)

Annalie
03-13-2011, 04:19 AM
its stupid that jade is only ps3 if i checked right. she should be in the regualr game since she is a original character.

That wouldn't make any sense she should be in both versions. only her costume or whatever is exclusive.

thereefernander
03-13-2011, 07:09 AM
*Crosses fingers for Kenshi*

Ceejus
03-18-2011, 03:02 AM
In case anyone doesn't know, there's gonna be a new character reveal on GTTV in two hours. It's either gonna be Kabal, Kintaro, Sheeva, Smoke, or Quan Chi since those are the only 5 confirmed characters left that haven't been seen in any footage. I suppose there's also a small possibility it could be someone else who hasn't even been confirmed to be playable. After all, Lupinko did state in his leaks that the "Lady in Red" would be a playable character.

Ceejus
03-18-2011, 05:38 AM
... and the secret character was Kabal! Siiick. He looks amazing in this game, and actually has good voice acting. The Soul Chamber is also shown for the first time in the video.

Darkhorse4life
03-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Pretty sure I saw the Portal arena featured last night on the GTTV segment where they revelead Kabal. Might have been in one of the teaser segments leading up to the Kabal reveal at the end, don't remember... but I remember seeing the Portal and saying "oh sweet they brought that arena back".

Ceejus
03-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Pretty sure I saw the Portal arena featured last night on the GTTV segment where they revelead Kabal. Might have been in one of the teaser segments leading up to the Kabal reveal at the end, don't remember... but I remember seeing the Portal and saying "oh sweet they brought that arena back".

That wasn't Portal -- it was Rooftop with a Portal to Outworld in the background. I doubt there will be any other stages confirmed at this point besides maybe Lin Kuei HQ. Reason being is because most of the Krypt items have already been leaked, and all the stages in the list were listed in those items and no others. There's about 13 or so stages from the original games we probably won't be seeing unless they are released as DLC.

shazo
03-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Just played the demo on the PS3 and in the video at the end I thought I saw Shang Tsung change into what looked like Sonya. It went by two quick so I could be wrong but I'm just wondering if anyone knows if he can or not.

Ceejus
03-21-2011, 03:10 AM
Blah. Looks like we won't be getting Motaro. Ed Boon said so on his Twitter today. But, he only said Motaro wouldn't be playable. He mentioned nothing about whether he'd still be in the game or not. I'd like to see him at least as a background character if he's not in the story mode.

CerealKiller18
03-21-2011, 03:16 AM
I wish Shujinko from MK: Deception was in it.

Ceejus
03-23-2011, 04:18 AM
This Gamespot video is the first video footage of The Tower/Evil Monastery, Shao Kahn's Throne Room, the elder Shang Tsung's intro, and one of Jax's fatalities. Also, it's Reptile's theme in the background.

http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/mortal-kombat?sid=6305320&overridePid=961031

Ceejus
03-28-2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.kamidogu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12049

Here's all the versus images. This all but confirms Sheeva, Smoke, and Quan Chi. Kintaro and the Lady in Red are all that are in question now. The only arena in question is the supposed Lin Kuei HQ. Still no footage on Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits either as far as I know.