PDA

View Full Version : should i get this game?

Vanilla Coke Zero
02-12-2011, 07:20 AM
i'm a die hard RPG fan, WRPGs in particular. i've heard good things about TWII, but terrible things about TW. i don't really care too much about voice acting or graphics, i'm just looking for a massive, addicting game with high replay value and fun gameplay.

RwHu
02-12-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm in an Xbox Party with my friend right now and he said this game is pretty bad. He liked the first one but the second one is just really different. Maybe you should rent it first and see if you like it.

GabJoe
02-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Honestly don't waste your time on the game.
There are just so many better RPGs out at the moment.
The first one was ok, not great.
Idk, how they got to make a 2nd one.

Zenith94x
02-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Honestly don't waste your time on the game.
There are just so many better RPGs out at the moment.
The first one was ok, not great.
Idk, how they got to make a 2nd one.

If you say you TWII is bad because TW 1 was bad without playing it, you are completely ignorant.

As far as graphics go, i'm playing on 1080p and they are very good. The voice acting is all that great but if you put subtitles on you can read along and maybe get a few laughs out of it.

I just started a little bit of the campaign and it seems very promising. From what I heard there were a lot of quests to complete. The only problem I had was that it was hard to figure out where to go for each quest but i'm sure once I play through it more it will get easier.

The online though seems really fun and is where I spent all my time. There are 7 missions you can do, pvp, and village mode. I was playing with a couple friends and it was very fun since there are a lot of different classes and items to collect and trade. I was a dark elf necromancer (I think) and just starting to learn how to summon while being the healer of my party.

I just got the game yesterday after being very hesitant because of all the reviews sad it was bad, but so far i'm not disappointed. I'm sure if you played WRPG's like Oblivion and maybe Sacred 2 you'll probably like it. Not the greatest story, but it is fun to level up and get new loot, better skills, etc. And sure there are a lot of RPGs on the Xbox, but not many of them have a addicting and fun multilayer like this one.

Just ask on here if you have any questions though because the reviewers don't know what their talking about.

Gackt
02-12-2011, 07:55 PM
It's worth checking out for sure. It has its flaws as does any game but it is not as bad as some people are saying. Infact the first one was pretty good as well.

Vanilla Coke Zero
02-13-2011, 01:41 AM
the only thing keeping me from getting it now is my TV. i still play on ancient, large SDTV, and i heard the letters were difficult to read. is there a demo so i can verify?

j3s
02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
the only thing keeping me from getting it now is my TV. i still play on ancient, large SDTV, and i heard the letters were difficult to read. is there a demo so i can verify?

No demo as of yet, but there is a commonly overlooked "Safe area" graphic option that may help with display or bleeding issues.

mikery009
02-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I just rented it. I am liking it so far. I am getting back into the genre in time for Dragon Age 2. :woop:

WHM Aartwood
02-20-2011, 05:03 PM
i'd love to know when the heck this game is actually coming out in the UK, as all the shopping websites, gameplay, play, game.co.uk, have no clue when its coming out, as it was ment to be next friday? if its not next friday, the devs have made no effort to change it, and i will simply cancel my pre order as this is just getting stupid!

Grey Stache
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
YouTube - Two Worlds II Review - Angry Joe

I'm normally not one for watching/reading reviews, but I though he was fair, and gave the ups and downs. It actually made me want to get it, but I haven't had the chance yet. Also, if your not used to Joe, don't mind his antics :P

EMP
02-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Game is pretty good and worth it and it's takes some time to beat I like it don't read the negative comments about the game they just sip haterade...

Joker0fLife
02-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Rent it, with Dragon Age 2 coming around the corner, wasting your money on a B-game isn't (well...ever...) worth it.

If you've played any recent RPG and compare it to Two Worlds II, Two Worlds II looks like shit, honestly. Anyone who says this game is good is definitely being OVERLY generous.

Is it shit though? Not entirely, but it is rough around the edges and can definitely be frustrating to play with simple things lacking like (Things I've spotted while playing for the 3 or so hours I've been playing it):

Not having a legend to know what's what on the map :mad:
Horse trying to walk up a hill on it's own and getting stuck and not being able to mount it.
If you're playing a SDTV, the text is BULLSHIT. I don't understand why developers can't use legit text that is visible to everyone.
You can't tell what level enemies are. I found myself saying: "Oh this gold ant looks easy enough to kill...OH HE CAN 3 HIT ME WHEN I'M NOT BLOCKING, THAT'S COOL!"
Having to switch from normal mode to fighting mode is a drag. Also not having enough attack slots gets a little iffy too (could be more slots, I wouldn't know because the game doesn't give you a complete tutorial.)
The online is mostly stacked with modders at this point that will dominate you in duels/death matches.
Crystal Racing is only useful for the achievement.
Not being able to freeroam online severely puts a damper on multiplayer re-playability.

I'm probably forgetting a few things, but it's definitely for the best :p

Yaymez
02-26-2011, 02:07 AM
The first thing I want to say here is not to base your purchase decision on the first game.

The original was probably one of the worst games i've ever played. I bought it second hand for about 3 euros with an open mind. I played it for 3 hours and I can say honestly that every second was like being repeatedly punched in the retina.

I could go on and break it down into points as to exactly why it is the gaming equivalent of the hanta virus. But I think it has all been said many times before.

The second game however looks a great deal improved. I'm pretty sure it will at the very least be a playable experience. I'm gonna be a bit cautious about it and wait for a few reviews to come in first but I may actually give it a go.

That being said - If they have the same interface and voice acting it can quite simply sink into the abyss of failed games and drag Topware with it.

McGoogles
02-26-2011, 02:17 AM
I was considering of getting this game until I read this and several other threads that state how glitchy some of the achievements are and how mediocre the gameplay is. Oh well, I guess I'll get Dragon Age 2 as a substitute. And hey, it may be even better than Two Worlds 2. I can't really comment on that though as I haven't played the first Dragon Age.

Lord Gothic
02-27-2011, 09:18 AM
The game is great you should get it, but i suggest you wait until they release a patch for it the game have sold over 1million copies so far so the patch will come.

JONBLEACH
03-01-2011, 07:45 AM
I was considering of getting this game until I read this and several other threads that state how glitchy some of the achievements are and how mediocre the gameplay is. Oh well, I guess I'll get Dragon Age 2 as a substitute. And hey, it may be even better than Two Worlds 2. I can't really comment on that though as I haven't played the first Dragon Age.

dragon age 2 demo was garbage, havent played the 1st game but orly