PDA

View Full Version : Are you buying Dragon Age 2?

REDEMPTIONDENIED
02-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Are you going to buy Dragon Age 2?

Captain Urahara
02-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Of course! Pre-ordered the Signature Edition for Xbox 360 from the EA Store.

If they ship as well as they did last time with Mass Effect 2 then I should have it on release day. I can't wait :D

DarkMellie
02-13-2011, 07:11 AM
A bit torn. Really like the better PC visuals but also the paused battle-management was handled much better on PC than Xbox (console worked fine, you just couldn't change your view as easily).

But, given how many hours I'll put in, might as well get some gamerscore :)

DOOKH8R
02-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Pre-ordered Signature Edition in early November 2010

judd90
02-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Will definitely be getting this. Won't be playing it until I go back and do the first tho.

REDEMPTIONDENIED
02-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Pre-ordered Signature Edition in early November 2010 Me too, can't wait for this to come out

bmakar83
02-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Pre-ordered back in October, can't believe it's almost here now. :Bounce:

BloodGodAlucard
02-13-2011, 07:56 AM
I pre-ordered the Signature Edition. I really can't wait until next month. I'm doing another playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins and all of the DLC for a "perfect" import save right now. :)

REDEMPTIONDENIED
02-13-2011, 08:18 AM
I pre-ordered the Signature Edition. I really can't wait until next month. I'm doing another playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins and all of the DLC for a "perfect" import save right now. :)I'm playing through again too, but I don't make perfect saves as I believe I should play with the decisions I made and the consequences that accompany them

Mongolian Beef
02-13-2011, 08:23 AM
I'll just pick up the ultimate edition with all the dlc packed in later.

Theslatcher
02-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Pre-ordered Signature Edition.

BloodGodAlucard
02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm playing through again too, but I don't make perfect saves as I believe I should play with the decisions I made and the consequences that accompany them

Oh you misunderstood me. I didn't mean I was making my playthrough perfect in that I was choosing all of the "best" choices and quest outcomes. I don't play that way. When it comes to RPGs I always go through and really try to put myself in the position of the character. So I make my decisions and tailor my actions to the way I would do them for real if I was actually that person. I think it makes me have a deeper connection to the characters and the game in general. So we're alike in that way. :p

So basically when I said my "perfect" save, I meant a playthrough where I made every decision the way I wanted, got the happy ending with Morrigan, did every side quest and had them reach the resolution I was most happy with, and just genuinely role play my character as a super cool version of myself. If that makes sense. :)

REDEMPTIONDENIED
02-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh you misunderstood me. I didn't mean I was making my playthrough perfect in that I was choosing all of the "best" choices and quest outcomes. I don't play that way. When it comes to RPGs I always go through and really try to put myself in the position of the character. So I make my decisions and tailor my actions to the way I would do them for real if I was actually that person. I think it makes me have a deeper connection to the characters and the game in general. So we're alike in that way. :p

So basically when I said my "perfect" save, I meant a playthrough where I made every decision the way I wanted, got the happy ending with Morrigan, did every side quest and had them reach the resolution I was most happy with, and just genuinely role play my character as a super cool version of myself. If that makes sense. :) I understand, my mistake

Vindicator51
02-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Voted for Signature Edition.

Scotty
02-13-2011, 08:31 PM
oh yeah! pre-ordered this signature bad boy as soon as i could.

surreal_82
02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
yup pre ordered as soon as signature edition was available

jtkauff
02-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Yet another Signature Edition pre-ordered and paid off!

Jagger O Riley
02-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Absolutely! Can't wait. Pre-ordered the signature edition.

Pieville
02-16-2011, 08:42 AM
I'll just pick up the ultimate edition with all the dlc packed in later.

How do you know, they'll even be an Ultimate Edition?

OT: I pre-ordered the Signature Edition and can't wait!!!

Beagle Ninja
02-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Just got 1750 on DA:O, and I'm looking forward to next month! Missed out on the signature edition however :(

I just can't resist anything BioWare puts out! Not to mention I'm a sucker for completing the continuity of a good story.

cstbrophy
02-17-2011, 05:25 AM
I will buy it, but i have not preordered. Not sure whether to buy pc of xbox version, and i am trying to hold out for awhile.

Pearson
02-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Had the Signature Edition pre-ordered since the first day it was made available for pre-order at EbGames.com.

Big_Sama
02-21-2011, 12:47 PM
YES. I've had this pre-ordered for more than 2 months now.

aussiegamer
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe, if they improve the combat.

I'm having such a hard time with the combat in DA: O

XperimntNterror
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Maybe, if they improve the combat.

I'm having such a hard time with the combat in DA: O

it will be quite different from DA: O (at least for consoles, anyway. i think the PC version will give players the option to play it more along the lines of the first game, but i could be wrong about that). it will be geared more towards action for those that want to play that way, but there will still be the option of being more strategic for those who prefer playing it as such. i think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the combat this time around if the previous game wasn't your cup of tea.

XperimntNterror
02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
How do you know, they'll even be an Ultimate Edition?

OT: I pre-ordered the Signature Edition and can't wait!!!

1. They did it for Dragon Age: Origins
2. It's all the rage to do this with games these days

i'd say chances are very good that this game will eventually get a similar edition for those that hold out on it, even if no specific information has been stated as such.

I X I Shock I
02-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Isn't it kind of redundant to post this in the DA forum?

Only people who really view the forum are those interested, or trolls, and no one gives two fucks about their opinion. That being said, hells fucking yes I'm getting it. Pre-ordered the signature edition around Christmas, thinking about taking the day off at noon from work so I can spend about four hours extra playing it.

Halme
02-22-2011, 06:34 AM
I'll be buying this. Not day one tough. Still need to start Origins ultimate edition. When I'm done with it, I hope DA2's price has dropped.

ShawnSig
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
I didn't pre-order the first game, I just went into bestbuy and bought it when it was onsale. Then I bought all the dlc and Awakenings. So over $100 spent I think. I could have bought the Ultimate for $60 if I waited just a little longer. So I don't know, its not like I'm missing out on anything if I don't pre-order or buy it on release day. The game will always be there, in a store somewhere waiting for me to pick it up:). I hope there is a Ultimate edition, or maybe I'll just buy DA2 when its $20 off and wait for the add-ons to come on DoTW?

Whats in the Signature Edition anyway?

darthroker29
02-22-2011, 05:34 PM
I wasnt planning on buying it cuz i had no cash, but overtime at worked is making it possible! Yay Overtime and extra money!

Vindicator51
02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I didn't pre-order the first game, I just went into bestbuy and bought it when it was onsale. Then I bought all the dlc and Awakenings. So over $100 spent I think. I could have bought the Ultimate for $60 if I waited just a little longer. So I don't know, its not like I'm missing out on anything if I don't pre-order or buy it on release day. The game will always be there, in a store somewhere waiting for me to pick it up:). I hope there is a Ultimate edition, or maybe I'll just buy DA2 when its $20 off and wait for the add-ons to come on DoTW?

Whats in the Signature Edition anyway?

Free DLC for about 15 - 20 bucks of content. It will be available on the marketplace, but Signature Edition gets it free.

road kill candy
02-22-2011, 05:54 PM
I really want to buy it but, it'll be like around $60! and collage is not cheap so i dont think i will till it comes down in price

francisrossi
02-22-2011, 11:50 PM
I want it, but only if I can get a job in time to pick up a Signature Edition (if any are on the shelves - ME2 LE was impossible to get if you didn't pre-order). Otherwise, I'm gonna force myself to wait for the GOTY edition.