PDA

View Full Version : Collector's Edition Guide

BloodGodAlucard
02-13-2011, 08:29 AM
I"m considering getting this. I know a guide isn't really needed to complete the game, side quests, find rare weapons, etc. when we have the Dragon Age wiki, but I heard it has some pretty cool art and extras. It doesn't have any DLC for the game though. (Which is kind of disappointing.)

So I was wondering what your opinions on this were. Are any of you planning on getting it?

HLR zdmetal
02-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm getting it mainly because it looks awesome and I'm a sucker for collector's edition guides. I also noticed it is being made by a company called Piggyback. I have never purchased, or even heard of for that matter, a guide not made by Prima or Bradygames so it should be interesting to see the overall quality of it.

SmiddyUK
02-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Didn't piggyback used to do the final fantasy guides? atleast that's what I remember from when I was growing up. If I recall they were good guides aswell and covered pretty much every and anything you could think of

surreal_82
02-13-2011, 04:38 PM
yea piggyback did used to do the FF guides as well as brady, if i remember correctly, and i think they were always fairly well put together from what i remember, however could be diff now

OceanH
02-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Piggyback did the guides for FFXIII, Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Best guides ever. Prima comes in 2nd as the best. BradyGames just sucks so bad now (see Tales of Vesperia guide).

TheDeceiver35
02-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Ya im always up for special stuff, and usually guides like this contain extra artwork which is always my favorite bonus.

skaman5000
02-23-2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah I like getting collectibles with my games as well. Especially guides or maps for the game, stuff like that.
So I'd buy it.
And also, I personally like the Prima strategy guides. A good one that sticks out to me is the Legend of Zelda guides on the N64.