PDA

View Full Version : Will Kinect Achievements be harder?

Waiden Eluminat
02-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I've had my Kinect for a while now, and although I have a few compatible games, I've still to acctually play them very much (mainly due to the distance I have to stand from the tv... my living room just ain't big enough).

But, what I've started to think about now is: will achievemnts on Kinect games be harder to get?

Let me elaborate. Obviously, achievements are only as hard as the game maker makes them. There are the run of the mill "Play the campaign on easy and win, congrats" then the slightly tougher "Do it again on hardest!" and the downright bizarre "DO IT BLINDFOLDED WITHOUT WEAPONS!!!!"

But most of those games/achievements can be won with finger dexterity and/or luck/skill. But now with kinect, will it eventually require you to become a fittness freak to max out a game?

The Pants Party
02-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Not really. There are some that require it, like the "Kilometer King" achievement in Kinect Sports (which I got by cheating sort of - I paused in the middle to catch my breath) but for the most part they just take repetition like any other achievement. Where you're hitting "retry" and sitting on your ass to try and do "Mile High Club" in COD4, you're hitting "retry" and dashing back and forth across your living room to try and score 65 goals or whatever it may be in Kincect Sports.

They're definitely easier if you're in shape though, and if you're not in shape, going for them will help you get there. I've got some serious cardio in from playing my Kinect!

DoctorPolski
02-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Yep being fit helps long Kinect adventures sessions.

Of course doing these games will get you fitter in the long run (pun intended) so it's win win.

Sn1gaaaZ
02-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Actually I think you can complete every Kinect game, it just depends on you how long you'll take for each game regarding to your shape and your patience. So far I've played four kinect games and the only one which contains some really tough achievements is Kinect Sports like all champion diff. chievos or several mini-games, you don't have to be in an excellent shape for those it's more necessary that you've good reflexes/reactivity.

Kinect achievements won't get harder I guess but also at the moment for the most part there are just fitness and sport games out there. We will see what's going on when the first action/shooter/horror Kinect games are released.

KillerBEA
02-15-2011, 01:07 AM
in some respects they are harder as some of fitness games require you play routinely and not at your own pace some require a heavy level of exertion

fatdaddy21
02-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Some are plenty hard already... 10K calories burned in Your Shape is pretty crazy. I played a couple sessions with the game this past weekend and 'burned' around 40 cal in 10 min of play.

legreffer
02-15-2011, 03:07 AM
You have to keep in mind that kinect's games are mostly (for now) for families.

I'm playing alot of those games and as others already said, some achievement in kinect sports are really hard. I'm at level 71 and i just beat AI in tennis on champ and it took 10-12 games.

6 achievements to go...One is volley on champ and i think it will take alot of games !

Waiden Eluminat
02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah, not having played a lot of these games yet I don't know where the bar lie. Just wondering whether with all these fittness games if they'll make the achievements hard to get or just fill it with the bogstandard: Play for 10 hours/Unlock all gametypes.

I mean, an achievement like: "Run a 4 minute mile" Would be hard, unless of course they pause the timer when you pause the game :P

vandil
02-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Active 2 has achievements based on calories burned, so expect to work for it. You won't be able to game it, but if you were super lazy, you could still do it, it would just take multiple sessions over the course of a few months. Kinectimals, on the other hand, was pretty easy to 100%

xUKx
02-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Your shape fitness evolved has calorie based achievements which require you to keep playing the game until to reach that target, like sports active 2 so as long as your commited to playing the game you can easily get 100% Kinect Adventures has a relatively easy 100% aslong as you have a friend that's willing to play every free play game with you

Giraffe Mouse
02-23-2011, 04:57 AM
they're probably only harder if you're not used to moving around and whatnot

texameradian
02-23-2011, 06:23 AM
It was pretty easy to get over 900 GS for Kinect Adventures the game that comes with the device.

sapr0phyte
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah i found myself wondering the same thing... a couple of the achievements in Kinect Sports are rather unreasonable, but i wouldn't say any more unreasonable than many other non-Kinect games..

Waiden Eluminat
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
"Kinect Sports 2: Back to the Field

Achievement: Lookityou!
Desc: Be shorter than 5'3''

Achievement: Towering
Desc: Be taller than 6'4'' "

Those are the ridiculus sort of achievements I'd like to see :P

DGLump
02-26-2011, 02:03 AM
The Kinect Adventures achievements are rather easy though, don't you think? Excluding the 'wonder' known as getting all the Platinums, it's not too annoying.. and at least some of the games are somewhat fun, albeit silly

mendorin
02-26-2011, 02:50 AM
Kinect Games are easy ways to boost your GS .
Kinectimals is an easy one , but rather time consuming and boring . . .

Foxxy kyle
03-18-2011, 12:12 AM
I Dont think like the workout things for the kinect will ever be hard achievements because some people just arnt in the right shape to go for hard fitness achievements.

jakepeter11
03-18-2011, 02:42 AM
I would say yes and no. There are those games that may not clearly detect you, but then those ones that do will definitely add difficulty. But the achievements are only as hard as they are made.

isw42
03-19-2011, 12:20 AM
We'll have to wait until there are more games supporting the device to really tell. Kinect Adventures is pretty easy, Kinectimals is long but easy, and Adrenalin Misfits is super easy. DO NOT play Sonic: FR. That game just sucks.

MC B0B x360a
03-23-2011, 04:48 PM
I am playing kinect sports and some of those achievements are a realy bitch. Yes you can eventually get them, but it may take tons of tries.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Some cheevo's can be hard especially when you need two players to complete the whole game and there's only you in the house...