PDA

View Full Version : The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards

xanderthezeppo
02-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Even though music is pretty much my life and school, I just don't care too much for the Grammys. Though the show had a few great moments. Bob Dylan, Mumford & Sons and The Avett Brothers singing Maggie's Farm was the best. Eminem and Dr Dre together was great and I love Lady Gaga, so needless to say I loved her too.

The actual awards part I never agree with though.

I was surprised I didn't see a thread for it yet, did anyone else watch the Grammy Awards?

Joker0fLife
02-15-2011, 01:18 AM
I try not to since it's all crap. Basically anyone who performs that night gets a Award. Like one example would be some black chick got the award for Best New Artist or something over Justin Beiber....I hate the Beibs, but he got beat by some chick I've never even heard before? Get that shit outta here...

Burning Karma
02-15-2011, 03:11 AM
I have never, ever cared for the Grammys. What a sham it is.

MopFlop
02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/
ill just leave this here....

Blood Wolf347
02-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Sucked, Though the face Justin Beiber made when he lost was priceless :woop:

kdrcraig
02-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I haven't watched the Grammy's since I was in high school, shit is irrelevant.

SPAZZx625
02-15-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't think I had ever really watched the Grammys before...But it was decent. It was nice to see Justin Beiber's face when he was snubbed for best new artist or whatever the award is called.

THUGGEDOUT
02-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Don't think I ever watched a Grammy award show, used to watch MTV VMA's back in the day and I'm talking waaaaaay back in the day.

KFZ Scrubs
02-15-2011, 06:47 PM
I try not to since it's all crap. Basically anyone who performs that night gets a Award. Like one example would be some black chick got the award for Best New Artist or something over Justin Beiber....I hate the Beibs, but he got beat by some chick I've never even heard before? Get that shit outta here...

Just because somebody is more commercially successful, doesn't mean they're a better singer.
Personally I've never heard of her either, but after finding out about her, she's pretty good.
Anyway, I heard also because there was so many big names in the voting... the vote was split and she was able to squeak by... or so people say.

xdisturbedx666
02-15-2011, 07:33 PM
I only watched a little and yeah it wasn't anything special except when Seth Rogen came out to introduce Eminem and he made a joke about getting high with miley cyrus backstage. And after that I only watched a little more since it was boring to me.

xanderthezeppo
02-15-2011, 08:23 PM
http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/
ill just leave this here....
I love Arcade Fire, I've always thought they were amazing. This was pretty damn funny though.

KFZ Scrubs
02-15-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't really think Eminem cares that much about not winning the award. I mean sure, he's probably pissed a little... but the dude made millions from the CD. I mean worldwide, it's sold 5.7 million copies. Plus he's getting money from those commercials he did for the super bowl among other things.
I'm going to check out the people who won album of the year though.. because if they won, they must be good.

DOOKH8R
02-15-2011, 09:15 PM
I have never, ever cared for the Grammys. What a sham it is.

Yup. Two words: Milli Vanilli

TemporalWizard
02-25-2011, 03:57 AM
I watched it. I don't really care about the awards themselves, I just like to see the musical performances (pretty much the only reason I watch any awards show).