PDA

View Full Version : this game is over-hyped?

eddie munster
02-15-2011, 03:55 AM
well i think so, graphics were very subpar, replay value kinda aaaaaah sucks, dont think i'm going to play this game again no time soon again, bought it the first day it came out but i was very disappointed, very much overhyped and very much not so great of a game, am i the only one??? i'm pretty sure i am not i am a true gamer. will not be looking forward to playing this soon to be "franchise" ever.:confused:

R3vengeance
02-15-2011, 04:18 AM
I don't think it was. The storyline was superb, and I loved the gameplay, but we all have our likes and dislikes. Everyone to their own I suppose.

Starstrukk X360A
02-15-2011, 05:00 AM
The best games are ones that focus on the storyline, IMO.

And this game definitely delivered.

eddie munster
02-15-2011, 03:41 PM
yeah everyone has their own opinion about it, im fine with that, kinda reminded me of silent hillish type ya know? could of been better though i believe.

tehapoc
02-15-2011, 04:28 PM
yeah everyone has their own opinion about it, im fine with that, kinda reminded me of silent hillish type ya know? could of been better though i believe.

Well, it's certainly better than the recent Silent Hill games and Resident Evil 5. Not sure why this game gets ragged on so much.

xBurnleyxFC
02-15-2011, 04:31 PM
People tend to forget how good the atmosphere is in this game which creates tensions and adds to the feeling of the game. There isn't much else like it on the Xbox. When I first played it I disliked it but I grew to appreciate the storyline and it's uniqueness.

thejohnhead
02-16-2011, 12:09 AM
People tend to forget how good the atmosphere is in this game which creates tensions and adds to the feeling of the game.

I agree totally, I bought this on release day after watching a trailer for it on Youtube and completed it after 3 solid days of playing. It is a very dark game and it took a lot to get into it, I found it very repetitive at times but the graphic quality is epic and the storyline fantastic.

I have started playing it again recently on a harder difficulty and it still scares the hell out of me playing it at night on my own!

Incredible game. Fact.

Bones007
03-14-2011, 06:40 PM
The game was cool. Lotsa Lovecraft & Stephen King in-jokes. Anybody see Christine in the DLC level?

ScRuFFy 21
03-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Great game. Overhyped? Surely you jest!

Yusshin
04-10-2011, 02:14 AM
I loved everything about the game. Great graphics. Phenomenal storyline. The new addition of a flashlight as a primary weapon was very creative - not just shooting things, though it was in there, too.

One wouldn't think of a suspense/psychological horror/thriller based on books would be any good, but this game delivered completely, and with #2 already written, it's going to be great to finally hear of a release date.