PDA

View Full Version : Fable 3 good or bad. Please rate.

Sub Zero 11
02-15-2011, 09:28 AM
My friends seem to be devided on this. I really liked fable 1 & 2 & would really like to get Y'alls opinion. I'm leaning towards getting it but I'm not quite sure. All input would be apprecieated.

welsh boy
02-15-2011, 11:24 AM
My friends seem to be devided on this. I really liked fable 1 & 2 & would really like to get Y'alls opinion. I'm leaning towards getting it but I'm not quite sure. All input would be apprecieated.
make up your own mind. I loved it, but I loved number 2. We all have different gaming tastes

Ragnarok1986
02-15-2011, 11:40 AM
make up your own mind. I loved it, but I loved number 2. We all have different gaming tastes
:goodpost Correct it like asking is marmite nice. People will always say yes/no so best way is rent it. If you like it then buy it ;)

TRIPLEXLP3K
02-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Get it! It's good, but Fable 2 was better IMO

DarkMellie
02-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Love the series... got up to the mid-point of Fable 3 and made all the right choices... now I cbf figuring out how to make it all back.

I felt cheated.

Toams07
02-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Fable 3 has some nice features .. but I think 2 was better.
Its still an enjoyable game though

oli90
02-15-2011, 05:49 PM
If you really liked 2 you will like 3 as well. It's nearly the same as 2. One thing I don't understand is why they got rid of the interface when you interact with villagers and replaced it with the crap you have in Fable 3.

jasoNicMan
02-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Get it. As long as you're able to accept the fact that there are differences between Fable 3 and Fable 2, and you like the first two, there's no reason why you shouldn't like Fable 3.

Volzagia
02-15-2011, 11:16 PM
I loved Fable 3 but Fable is still the best of the 3, Fable 3 is a really good game and a bit under-rated in my opinion, I had a lot of fun with all my friends playing as the co-op system is brilliant on this one. A Massive improvement over fable 2

ThousandLegs01
02-16-2011, 03:16 AM
I love all 3 so much I have a guild seal tattooed on my right arm :p but yes its true the original was the best and was well worth the microsoft points

CHPwannabe
02-16-2011, 04:14 AM
I enjoy it..i wish it was just longer..

PhilipCarter
02-16-2011, 01:56 PM
To be honest, im tied between Fable 2 and 3, the reason for this is because the only 2 improvements i noticed were the general gameplay and movement, and also the sanctuary, im disapointed they removed the emotion wheel. Still a big fan of both though!

Krokarmajja
02-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, If you liked the previous games you should buy it. It's a great game, sad part is it's a bit short and I didn't like the map at all. But it is good game indeed!

Toams07
02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I loved Fable 3 but Fable is still the best of the 3, Fable 3 is a really good game and a bit under-rated in my opinion, I had a lot of fun with all my friends playing as the co-op system is brilliant on this one. A Massive improvement over fable 2

Co-op indeed saw a manjor improvement, but things like story-length, the map and some more things were majot letdowns

EMP
02-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Get the game it's great and is better then 80% or higher of the games out there....

MatrixJake1978
02-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Story wasn't as long and I found myself not caring about the characters. Fable 1 is still the best in my opinion on story. Even 2 had the whole Spire thing making it interesting. Fable 3 is devoid of that and has been massively scaled down on everything from the story, items, etc. You play the same handful of enemies at varying levels of difficulty throughout the entire game. Fable 2's creatures were SO much more original and interesting.

The DLC for this as so far been lame, although new weapons and items have been randomly released at no cost, so that has been cool.

The environments are beautifully detailed, BUT found myself getting bored with them after a while.

Co-op, while better than 2, is super glitchy... i.e. having to start a whole new game if you played co-op at Reaver's Mansion midway through the story mode. No patch was ever released even with a public outcry.

I prefer WAY more detailed RPGs. This was hugely scaled back, so that 7 year olds could play it and figure it out.

I felt like they rushed the story towards the end... cut corners... took the easy cash from what was a highly anticipated release. Just disappointing....

Dangerous Brian
02-17-2011, 02:27 AM
Its a good game but they shouldn't have removed the menus. Its so tricky to do simple things like sell things and equip weapons/clothing/tatoos etc. for first time on it.

Not sure how much Albion would have changed in 50 years though. Definatly not that much.

Dan.Pro
02-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Get it, awesome game!

Dz06lt
02-18-2011, 03:07 AM
fable 2.5, proceed if you liked the first dont if not. If you didnt play 2 get that one

xCH4PM4Nx
02-22-2011, 03:15 AM
So far i am very happy with the game. There isnt too much customizablity as far as skill points or "classes"

NinjaKiwiVI
02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
It was pretty good. My favorite would definitely have to be the second one.

niko da bos
02-23-2011, 05:49 PM
If you really liked 2 you will like 3 as well. It's nearly the same as 2. One thing I don't understand is why they got rid of the interface when you interact with villagers and replaced it with the crap you have in Fable 3.

aww man, this couldnt be any more true. why go from expression wheel, to only being able to choose one expression out of the 10 you currently have (hold and release A)

but my overall opinion is that if you loved fable 1 & 2, you will most likely enjoy the third. although it might have some slight problems, the story line is awesome, and the maps are much better.

Toams07
02-23-2011, 06:05 PM
why go from expression wheel

And why go away from a proper inventory, a proper map, a 20-30 hour storyline and proper systems supporting the game's features

Lava Tonsil
02-23-2011, 06:30 PM
It has it's issues (lack of item inventory, the glowing trail, frame rate, map etc) but despite that i enjoyed it.
I just can't work out whether i'd like this game more or less if hadn't played Fable 2.

oli90
02-23-2011, 07:32 PM
What happened to the glowing trail as well? I don't remember any problems in Fable 2, but it's a mess in 3. Half the time it won't appear or it's pointing me in the wrong direction. I don't understand why they messed up so much stuff that was flawless in the previous game or took out features and replaced then with inferior ones, it makes no sense to me.
Having said that, the story mode is still good and you will enjoy it.

Toams07
02-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Having said that, the story mode is still good and you will enjoy it.

It's good, but it's very short.
On my first playthrough I did main and sidequests and I still beat it in 15 hours, which is way too short for me

FSparacino4
02-24-2011, 09:38 AM

After reading your post on how your friends were DIVIDED in their opinions, I would say you will probably enjoy this if you liked the first two in the series. Is "y'alls" a word?

DFB 1708
02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
So so.
I loved Fable I but Fable II was a freaking let-down compared to I, even though it added new options. Now Fable III is better than two but still worse than I. So I say so so.

Tufty
02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
I loved Fable 2, this game is a fucking pile of shit.

Toams07
02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Now Fable III is better than two but still worse than I.

I just must say I completely disagree with you
In my opinion, Fable 2 is far better than 3

niko da bos
02-25-2011, 06:23 PM
I just must say I completely disagree with you
In my opinion, Fable 2 is far better than 3

as usual i agree with steel :P

fable3 was a great game my first time beating it, but i lost interest much quicker than the others. my fable 2 had atleast 12 playthrus, in the third i didnt even bother to make an evil hero.

*i saw fable1 in the marketplace for like 1200 ms pts, very tempted to buy it and complete the fable series in my games :D

Snoop QC
02-27-2011, 06:41 AM
I like it, it's good to have some kind of fary tale for adult people.