PDA

View Full Version : Those Kinect stands?

Claptrap
02-15-2011, 05:41 PM
I see these Kinect stands online and in Walmart etc.

If I put my Kinect on the stand, and put if off to the left or right, will it work?

or it has to be in front of me facing me

RichXbox360
02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
For the best results, the sensor needs to be able to see you, so putting it in a central position facing you would be best.

The Kinect stand is well worth the money though, I bought one for 20 a few days after I got my sensor, best 20 I've spent in recent months.

XWolfxPackX
02-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't know but i see them when I'm at gamestop but i feel like i dont really need one i mean my kinect stay on my tv

jtkauff
02-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I got the Kinect stand that mounts to the wall. Took me about 5 minutes to install and works great. I think that if the Kinect sensor is off to the side and at an angle you'll have problems with the Kinect sensing you as being turned. If you and the Kinect are off to one side and still parallel to the TV you should be fine.

If your Kinect sits on your TV fine and you don't have any problems then the stands are very optional. I personally had my kinect tumble off my TV within a few minutes of getting into a game (since it shifts up and down looking for the best angle), and of course they're great if you've got kids/pets in the house.

SPAZZx625
02-15-2011, 09:21 PM
I bought this TV mount meant for the PS Eye and also a piece of heavy duty velcro and it fits perfectly for under $15.

Telexen
02-16-2011, 01:15 AM
I have this and it works great. Easy to mount and slides right together.

DoctorPolski
02-16-2011, 06:30 PM
If it's tight on your TV why would you want a stand?

branishere
02-26-2011, 11:30 PM
I bought this TV mount (http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Camera-Mounting-Clip-Playstation-3/dp/B003URSUSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297804805&sr=8-1) meant for the PS Eye and also a piece of heavy duty velcro and it fits perfectly for under $15.

this it works perfect!

paraffin
03-01-2011, 07:48 AM
I bought one of the Crown stands and wasn't expecting much. But when it came it's does exactly what you want. There's no restriction on the movement and now Kinect is above my TV, it seems better able to track me in a smaller space. Pleasantly suprised.

silentlybroken
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I might look into this for when I have to move back home temporarily after uni. My room there is a bit like a box but if I could mount the kinect on the wall it would make it a lot more likely to recognise me and I could have more space.

twhiting9275
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
If it's tight on your TV why would you want a stand?

Because as the system turns on and off, I've seen it adjust itself up and down, and occasionally that will cause it to fall off the TV. I have a 41" widescreen TV, and while it sits up there just fine, if you get any sort of movement, it's entirely possible it will fall off as well. Guess what bouncing around, jumping around, getting actively involved in a game does? Makes the floor move, which, in turn bounces the sensor, which, of course can easily cause it to fall off.

Better safe than sorry, getting a mount is the best idea.

DoctorPolski
03-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Because as the system turns on and off, I've seen it adjust itself up and down, and occasionally that will cause it to fall off the TV. I have a 41" widescreen TV, and while it sits up there just fine, if you get any sort of movement, it's entirely possible it will fall off as well. Guess what bouncing around, jumping around, getting actively involved in a game does? Makes the floor move, which, in turn bounces the sensor, which, of course can easily cause it to fall off.

Better safe than sorry, getting a mount is the best idea.
Well if it's able to be knocked off by vibrations then it is not, by definiton, TIGHT on your TV is it? So yes in that case you would need to secure it some other way.

Quality contribution, good luck with the rest of your 100 post count.

Tessou
03-04-2011, 09:28 PM
The standalone version of these Kinect stands is a bit wobbly. Don't be surprised to see a calibration error pop up every now and then if you're playing a game that involves jumping or other high impact activities.