View Full Version : > Game Comparison

02-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Which game is better for SP:

Arcania Gothic 4
Divinity II

Please state which one you prefer and give a reason

02-15-2011, 09:38 PM
The only one I haven't played on that list was Arcania.

Two worlds 2 out of the other 3 is far superior in my opinion. Though Divinity 2 and Risen are both fun games no doubt.

Skills - Divinity lacks good definable skills. By this I mean, most of them are completely useless. Now of course, they all have this and Risen is worse in this aspect but I found myself only using 2-3 combat skills and some passives. Risen's skills were pretty bad imo. For magic, and for it to be powerful you pretty much had to level one magic type to 10 with no minor in any other. Aside of combat skills in Risen, the other one's were kind of cool. Like prospecting, smithing, cooking. All interesting things to be put in an RPG, though could've been done better. TW2 though, to be fully effective, I believe that you need alot more than 2-3 skills learned. (Even more for a mage, so that you can effectively cast and customize magic alot better) and even as a warrior (which I use in MP) the skills are actually useful. I never played as a Ranger type in TW2 but my buddy swears up and down that it's an amazing class to play and that he utilizes the hell out of some skills. Plus in Two worlds 2 it just seems that there is more tangible one's to choose from, rather than useless ones, once again IMO.

Weapons and Items - I liked Divinity's random looting, and there seemed to be a decent amount of weapons/armor/items and such. Risen seemed like it had alot of items, but most of them were useless, especially towards the end of the game. TW2 weapons, there are a good amount but I don't like the break-down and rebuild upgrading system but rather I enjoyed the stacking in part 1. In TW2 though, you can wear 4 rings an amulet as opposed to Divinity's and Risen's ? (don't remember) I am a looter when it comes to these types of games, I almost liked Divinity's loot better because it seems I ran into more awesome stuff while playing. Though I am not completely done with Two Worlds 2 yet though. Magic staves are awesome + for TW2.

Combat/Magic - This I believe would be Risen's strongest point. Not the magic aspect, but the combat. I think that most of us can agree that Risen's combat excelled to an extent but just needed to be done a little further. Risen's magic = terrible. Divinity was pretty fun, generic but fun none the less. Very linear magic system, level it up and the effects take their own course, but still better than of Risen's. Now Two Worlds 2 magic system destroys both of these games, no contest. The flexibility and variety is amazing, and any magic fans or just someone who likes to tinker I believe could enjoy themselves for hours just playing around with it. The combat is pretty generic, hack n' slash button spam. But I use melee skills far more often in TW2 then I did in the other two for sure. SO combat goes to Risen, Magic goes to TW2.

Story - Risen's story, well it was terrible though it had some funny moments. Divinity was kind of cool, I like the whole Dragon slayer connection involved. Some of the side quests were neat in Divinity as well, and I kind of liked the ending though most seemed not to? Two Worlds 2 story is pretty generic, but some of the writing seriously had me laughing aloud. Since I cannot remember the music in the other two games I won't compare it but TW2 music is amazing. It's totally atmospheric and feels like it just belongs.

I leave alot out, because really there is just too much to say for each individual game. But on a scale out of 10 for fun my run down is as so.

Divinity 2 - 7/10
Risen - 6/10
Two Worlds 2 - 9/10

02-16-2011, 04:33 AM
The only one I haven't played on that list was Arcania.

Don't play it, it's just about the worst game I have ever played lol. It's like they made it a point to find the worst possible voice actors in the entire universe to do this game.

02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Don't play it, it's just about the worst game I have ever played lol.

I actually was looking for a copy of it on a local classifieds site relatively recently. I'll probably give it a go, but only if I can get a super good deal on it. Say $10-$15 or less, I'm sure there's got to be worse? Maybe not? Haha.