PDA

View Full Version : Nortar's Collectibles

Infinite Wizard
02-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Hello all,

I am on the third part of a string of quests from Nortar the Orc from the Prologue Island. In the Chapter 1 area, he needed me to collect something for him from an acquaintance that turned up dead. Then again same thing for another acquaintance. He then dispatched me to warn a third person. When I arrived at that location, I found the person that had killed the first two and he attacked me. I was firing ice bolts and his health was rapidly going down and as other dying foes tend to be blasted back so did he. I went in to fight his friend and there was no one and no corpses either. There were still two red blips designating foes. My designator was over both red blips. I looked up and all around me then ran around the area and no enemies are to be found. Is this a glitch? Are they in the tents? Did they cammo up and hide in the dirt or trees? On the main map the Nortar's Collectibles and Nortar's (other) quests still have red X's as well. I went to see if Nortar registered it as done and that was a no go. Thank you.

TE Odin
02-17-2011, 08:53 PM
That bites. The only one to kill there is the mystery man. That should let you talk to Nortar and finish the quest. Not much to say beyond try loading another save. :/

entropyMaker
02-18-2011, 12:39 AM
That is odd Infinite. When I went into the copse, the wizard was the only enemy I found. I know it's a tired phrase, but hopefully you have a save you can revert back to, to see if it corrects itself.

Infinite Wizard
02-18-2011, 02:17 AM
I already deleted all the saves that are after the prologue. I am going to check each prologue save for the latest that doesn't have that quest started. I am going to wait till I am so strong that I will most likely one hit kill the guy with a melee hit before I start the quest. I will save the game just prior to going to Nortar and if necessary rinse and repeat until it clears. Thanks

Mike Conno
02-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Sometimes, I find red blips on the map with no enemy in sight. Usually it turns out to be some Cheetah or Warthog inside a rock. Some times you can select them with your bow or spell, sometimes not. Area spells seem to be effective against them however.