PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age 2 Demo: A Call To Arms

DissObey
02-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Just saw this posted on the bioware feed on facebook.

Dragon Age players, this is your call to arms! We need one million players of the Dragon Age 2 demo and we want you to rally the troops to reach this monumental goal. Tell your friends, tell your family, talk about it on Facebook, Twitter, talk about it at school and at work. We want One Million downloads of the Dragon Age 2 demo and we need you to rally the troops to reach this goal.

If we reach One Million downloads, we will reward players with 2 new in-game items the Lotheringís Lament and Far Cliffs of Kirkwall tomes. And donít forget, anyone who completes the demo will get the in-game item Haydenís Razor. All 3 items will be available on all platforms for Dragon Age 2.

We need you to rally your troops and heed this call to arms!

For more details on the Call To Arms, go HERE http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/

You get two tomes if 1million players play the demo, one gives exp, and the other money.

jtkauff
02-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Very cool. I was planning on getting the demo for the 360, might as well download the demo for PC as well to help out.

bmakar83
02-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Very cool. I was planning on getting the demo for the 360, might as well download the demo for PC as well to help out.

That's not a bad idea at all, I'll make sure to download the PC and PS3 ones as well. Must have more free stuff! :woop:

balance13
02-18-2011, 02:10 AM
I think the sword will look good with my Dead Space armour I get as well :woop:

Captain Urahara
02-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Planned on downloading and playing the 360 one, since I'm getting DA2 on 360 just like I did with Origins.

Now I'm sure it'll get 1 million downloads easily, but I guess I'll download it for PC and PS3 as well to help it along.

PakoRawr
02-18-2011, 05:21 AM
I love all the free item giving before the game comes out!

surreal_82
02-18-2011, 09:57 AM
sweet up to about 15 pre order items now lol im gonna need a backpack expansion straight away, my inventory will be full in seconds lol

Scotty
02-18-2011, 03:05 PM
cant wait 4 days for this they should just release it now. that sword looks sweet-ass. n those tomes will come in handy.

KillerChris8814
02-21-2011, 12:45 AM
I thought it came out on the 18th was wondering why I couldn't find it.

TehGreyWolf
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
I will definetely be downloading the demo I love it when game developers put out challenges like this, Il tell as many people as I can to download it.

TheDeceiver35
02-23-2011, 01:32 AM
First day and were almost at 300,000 downloads so far. It will likely slow down some, but were still looking pretty solid to hit that one million mark. Oh, and while your on the same page as the PC download http://dragonage.bioware.com/info/demo/ you can look along the side bar to links to another couple of items you can get. There is a Penny Arcade Belt and a Staff, all you have to do is sign up for the newsletter.

Captain Urahara
02-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Just over 350k as I post this. So we're over the 1/3rd mark. Not bad for the first day. Sucks we only have till March 1st to get this, and chances are the download rate will drop dramatically from here on out. Fingers crossed that we make it!

surreal_82
02-23-2011, 08:29 AM
352619, has slowed dramatically,

Belainfi
02-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Does any have idea how many times demos get usually downloaded? Million sounds a lot, giving such a short time. Any way, I've downloaded it and looking forward trying it out :)

OceanH
02-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Downloaded it on my PS3 and I wanted to help the count by downloading it on my 360 too but I have Free membership so I can't download the demo until a week later. Fuck Microsoft and their Gold membership.

Gun-Nut
02-23-2011, 11:53 AM
I've read a few times on people downloading it on all different platforms to add to the counter but I believe EA Stated it only counts for unique EA IDs so if your logging into the same EA Account on 360, PC and PS3 that is still just 1!

I have a few other silver accounts so I logged into there own EA Accounts earlier to help the numbers.

surreal_82
02-23-2011, 12:29 PM
created a few spare ea accounts and d/l the pc version a few times! :)

FSparacino4
02-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Almost 400,000 in the first 24 hours. I wouldn't say it will slow enough to where we won't reach 1 million. And even if it doesn't hit a million, I bet they still give us the free itens just like they did with NFS: HP.

DOOKH8R
02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Almost 400,000 in the first 24 hours. I wouldn't say it will slow enough to where we won't reach 1 million. And even if it doesn't hit a million, I bet they still give us the free itens just like they did with NFS: HP.

I agree. They will want to save face and still give the items away. However, if they are almost halfway there, 1mil will likely be reached.

OceanH
02-24-2011, 02:58 AM
March 1st is next Tuesday, and by the time the demo will be available to half of Xbox 360 owners (yes, half are not Gold subscribers) the Call to Arms would have ended. If we don't get the free unlocks, blame it on Microsoft for not giving demos availability to everyone on day 1.

FSparacino4
02-24-2011, 04:24 AM
539,807 Over halfway there and looking good for reaching the 1 million by March 1.

Captain Urahara
02-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Over 652,000 as I post this! We're easily on our way there and we're less than 2 days into our 7 day mark!

surreal_82
02-24-2011, 10:54 AM
just a sliver under 700,000 now, may reach the mill before end of play today who knows

FSparacino4
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Just passed the 700,000 mark, we have these two items easily.

Emcee Shadow
02-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Just passed the 700,000 mark, we have these two items easily.

Yeah, and Bioware thought that it would be hard to find 1m Grey Wardens in a week :P

Captain Urahara
02-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Wow, it's only been 5 hours since I last posted and its already jumped to over 785,000! Over a 100k jump! Those tomes are so ours :D

DissObey
02-24-2011, 05:27 PM
809306 at the time of posting this.

Also it would be worthwhile to login to the bioware social site and check your promotions to see whether you have the hayders razor unlocked, because for some reason it only worked with the warrior for me.

13ip0lar
02-24-2011, 07:03 PM
809306 at the time of posting this.

Also it would be worthwhile to login to the bioware social site and check your promotions to see whether you have the hayders razor unlocked, because for some reason it only worked with the warrior for me.

OMG It's at 1 mil! WOOT!!!!

Jk, just a slight rise since last post 814,738. Btw I didn't realize that the counter is an actual ticker. Numbers kept going up, didn't expect that, everyone is usually lazy and makes you f5 a page :O

iToastMan
02-24-2011, 08:21 PM
I thought i had to f5 that page ._.
And also, you got me happy there and i thought we had gained 200,000 downloads in an hour xD
Also, whats with your picture of boxxy or whatever? creepy ? xD joking man :P

13ip0lar
02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I thought i had to f5 that page ._.
And also, you got me happy there and i thought we had gained 200,000 downloads in an hour xD
Also, whats with your picture of boxxy or whatever? creepy ? xD joking man :P

Everyone loves Boxxy! D:<

Also in the interest of staying on topic, it's only up to 820k. Hopefully, it will make it to 1mil. I agree though even if for some reason it does not, that Bioware or rather EA will still give everyone said free items.

Emcee Shadow
02-25-2011, 12:39 AM
"Chris Priestly wrote...

We have noticed some people spamming the demo that has caused incorrect numbers on the download counter. As such, we have to remove roughly 300k from the counter to correct the false numbers.

Keep promoting this to your friends. I knwo you'll get there in time, even by having to play fair."

----------------------
Found this on Bioware forums and thought i'd post here. Currently at 537k but, im sure we will still get there with ease :P

Captain Urahara
02-25-2011, 01:40 AM
"Chris Priestly wrote...

We have noticed some people spamming the demo that has caused incorrect numbers on the download counter. As such, we have to remove roughly 300k from the counter to correct the false numbers.

Keep promoting this to your friends. I knwo you'll get there in time, even by having to play fair."

----------------------
Found this on Bioware forums and thought i'd post here. Currently at 537k but, im sure we will still get there with ease :P
Awwww, that is not cool.

Only at 540k now :(

EDIT: Up to 650k now. Hopefully no more chopping on the counter.

FSparacino4
02-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Awwww, that is not cool.

Only at 540k now :(

EDIT: Up to 650k now. Hopefully no more chopping on the counter.

Back to 879,018! Almost there AGAIN.

H2O
02-25-2011, 11:43 AM

It's going up very fast...

KirbyTheAlmighty
02-25-2011, 12:04 PM
It's over ONE MILLION!!!!!!!!!!

H2O
02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
and that's 1 million. :woop:

Edit: 1 minute to slow...

lordskorrkeeper
02-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Awesome how do we add the new items to our EA Account?

ADenton109
02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Good idea will encourage people to play the demo and hopefully get a bigger fan base to make a big future for this game!

Eternaltriumph
02-25-2011, 05:17 PM
There's no possible way it jumped up 400k overnight legit. Unless EA found they were counting it wrong, or decided to combine all consoles...no way. Don't get your hopes up; I saw them chop over 40k more numbers last night before bed.

Edit: Back down to 783,000. That number still seems kind of high though...we'll see. @_@

Captain Urahara
02-25-2011, 09:17 PM
There's no possible way it jumped up 400k overnight legit. Unless EA found they were counting it wrong, or decided to combine all consoles...no way. Don't get your hopes up; I saw them chop over 40k more numbers last night before bed.

Edit: Back down to 783,000. That number still seems kind of high though...we'll see. @_@
- Yeah there was no way it was legit.
- EA won't admit it was wrong.
- They already combined all 3 consoles(PC, PS3, 360)
- Just a hair under 800k. Still that sounds too high so expect more chopping :(

surreal_82
02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
about 809 now... ugh i dont think it will reach it if they keep nerfing the figures lol

phantom frsh
02-26-2011, 01:22 PM
i stopped playing the demo after the first battle because I didn't want too much of the story to be spoiled :(

KirbyTheAlmighty
02-26-2011, 01:26 PM
i stopped playing the demo after the first battle because I didn't want too much of the story to be spoiled :(

It doesn't spoil too much.
And if you want the weapon when the actual game is out, you should finish it. ;)

LtTim
02-26-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm not even honestly sure it is all stuff that will appear in the actual game, it doesn't really even feel like the start, more that they've added some cinematic dialogue from the dwarf to skip to a part slightly later on, plus *might be a spoiler alert* the two characters you meet 4 minutes in don't seem to fit at the start with who they are at the end. I'll say no more.
I don't know how the counter is going though, it appeared as if it had hit 1.2 million at one point and there was a time on Thursday when it was climbing by more than 50k per hour. Now it seems to be climbing less than 5k per hour. I don't know what's going on with that but I think they may be suffering some form of glitch or just don't want to release the DLC as I have seen the counter dip down at least three times.

FSparacino4
02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know what's going on with that but I think they may be suffering some form of glitch or just don't want to release the DLC as I have seen the counter dip down at least three times.

Them lowering the counter on purpose so that they don't have to release these items is definately not the case. The items would get released even if didn't hit 1 million just like the NFS: HP 3 cars. The trailer only reached 600k views (needed 1 mil.), but the cars were released anyways.

It also isn't a glitch. It is people spamming the demo download button on PC accounting for inflated numbers. This was aleady mentioned in this exact thread.

Captain Urahara
02-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Well we are very slowly creeping up on 870k, but with only a day left to hit 1 million I have to say that we will NOT hit the 1 million mark. Luckily, we SHOULD still get the items because we made it damn close. Closer than NFS did and they still got their free stuff.

FSparacino4
02-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Well we are very slowly creeping up on 870k, but with only a day left to hit 1 million I have to say that we will NOT hit the 1 million mark. Luckily, we SHOULD still get the items because we made it damn close. Closer than NFS did and they still got their free stuff.

I don't think how close we get determines if they give the items out or not. EA is going to give them to us regardless because it took developer time to make these items, regardless of how little time it took. They wouldn't make them just to have them rot in the virtual world so to speak.

Emcee Shadow
02-28-2011, 09:37 PM
[quote]Chris Priestly wrote...

Congratulations, You DID IT!

We challenged our fans to reach 1 million downloads of the DragonA ge 2 demo, and we have all helped to reach and beat this goal! As such, the 2 items we promised are now unlocked and will appear in your entitlements page.

Now, a new challenge has appeared. The third and most powerful tome is waiting to be unlocked. To unlock the tome “Of Things Not Lost” visit the Dragon Age Facebook page and share that days post. If each post from now to March 4, 2011 is shared and reaches 1,000,000 Impressions the day it is posted the tome will unlock.

You unlocked the first 2 tomes, now you can unlock the third and final one. Watch the Dragon Age Facebook Page like what is posted and unlock the final tome.

-----------------
Thought I'd post this here from Bioware forums :)

iToastMan
02-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Not to keen on this idea, i shared it and stuff but its just a bit to far, what does this tomb do? im guessing something to do with crafting by looking at the description.

richardwarnercool1
02-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Don't worry people, we did it! The count passed 1 million earlier today and is now at 1176894. I've checked my bioware account as well to be sure and both items have been placed in the registered game promotions.

The power of the fans speaks again!

scrummers
02-28-2011, 10:27 PM
i got a feeling the wee just fucking with us. Waiting til the very last day and then let it hit 1 million. Probl on the boards watching us all suffer and we go wtf why did it drop 300,000 downloads. haha anyways can't wait for this game 1 more week.

Eternaltriumph
02-28-2011, 11:58 PM
The new challenge should be gotten easily. Most people have a facebook and can now hate four counts (one per day) as opposed to just one across all consoles.

That being said, I don't quite care how easy it is. kind of shitty people have to spam their friends walls with something in hopes of getting an item. It's cheap marketing by EA/Bioware...very much don't appreciate it.

FSparacino4
03-01-2011, 04:16 AM
The new challenge should be gotten easily. Most people have a facebook and can now hate four counts (one per day) as opposed to just one across all consoles.

That being said, I don't quite care how easy it is. kind of shitty people have to spam their friends walls with something in hopes of getting an item. It's cheap marketing by EA/Bioware...very much don't appreciate it.

I agree! EA is having us spam our friends in order to gain marketing. I have a facebook account but refuse to do this, sorry guys.

Captain Urahara
03-01-2011, 05:07 AM
I don't think how close we get determines if they give the items out or not. EA is going to give them to us regardless because it took developer time to make these items, regardless of how little time it took. They wouldn't make them just to have them rot in the virtual world so to speak.
They could have always put them up to download for $1 or something. Just because they were made doesn't mean they would be given out.
Sure we made the goal, but I don't think it was legit. I think Bioware/EA kicked us up on this last day in order to move us onto the next phase(Facebook).

I agree! EA is having us spam our friends in order to gain marketing. I have a facebook account but refuse to do this, sorry guys.
Really? It's Facebook. If someone would be upset that you took part in this then they really need to get off of Facebook. Most people have 100's of friends so it would get buried quickly.

I have a fake Facebook account and have no problem doing this, and my friends on Facebook don't care seeing it.

twhiting9275
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
There's nothing, and I do mean nothing, wrong with this. Everyone uses Facebook and twitter now. Without doing so, your site gets nothing for traffic, and it is buried in the web.

You don't have to 'spam' the link, passing it along once or twice is hardly doing anyone an injustice, and, really, you could easily get people interested in it.