PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bang Theory?

ShawnSig
02-19-2011, 01:14 PM
I was on a plane from Grand Cayman heading towards Toronto and there were touch screens on the back of the seats with all kinds of movies, tv shows to watch. The dude in front of me was watching this "The Big Bang Theory" show so I decided to watch it too. Wow, was I disappointed, I didn't even find any part of that show funny at all. Watching 10 minutes of that show made me really depressed that I almost felt like killing myself. I was hoping that there was a suicide bomber on the plane sitting next to me so I could be one of the first to die. If this show was around in the late 90's it would probably be one of the reasons for the Columbine shooting. Then I started watching an episode of Californication but they censored everything even though they had movies on the plane with swearing, violence and nudity. That really pissed me off.
I went on IMDB to see what the user rating of "The Big Bang Theory" was and it has a 8.8/10?? And its listed under comedy???

Does anyone on this site actually think this show is funny?:confused:

Genesis x360a
02-19-2011, 01:24 PM
You must of been watching one the newer episodes wihich are no way near as good as the older stuff. Big Bang Theory is super funny, personally i love it. Dont write it off just yet and go watch some episodes for season 1 or 2. Its only just recently that there material has started to become stale imo.

The Pants Party
02-19-2011, 02:18 PM
That was easily the biggest overreaction to not liking a television show I've ever read. I can't understand why people watch Two and Half Men, but I don't think I'd equate that to driving someone to shoot up a school. Grow up, kid.

Anyway, BBT is one of my DVR'd shows and I personally love it. Maybe I'm a bigger nerd than you, who knows.

Tussell
02-19-2011, 08:02 PM
I think the show is phenomenal. I own the first three seasons on DVD and plan on getting season four the day it comes out. It's obviously just a difference in opinion, but certainly Pants said it right. Overreact much? :p

xanderthezeppo
02-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I love The Big Bang Theory easily one of my favorite shows on tv. I always look forward to when it pops up on my DVR. I do agree the new eps are not nearly as good as the older ones, but I still think it's been a great show.

That was easily the biggest overreaction to not liking a television show I've ever read.
I agree, never thought I would hear someone say watching a show they hated wanted them to be blown up by a bomber or go shoot up a school. Crazy.

Animeguy2510
02-19-2011, 08:15 PM
The Big Bang Theory is great show and very funny, best comedy show in a while :bow: I ended up buying all three seasons

Neverender
02-20-2011, 07:15 AM
I think it's OK. It used to be a lot better, though. As far as Thursday goes, Community is a much better show IMO.

IDiivil
02-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Big Bang Theory is a hit or miss nowadays, but when it first came out, I was always rolling around laughing. Seriously, you must have just seen a weak episode or something, and... God, OP, I hope what you wrote is meant to be a humorous exaggeration >_>

BlackViolator
02-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Great show! A bit worring when my wife sees similarities between me and Sheldon! :)

Mr Bungle
02-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Honestly, I never got into it.

Daiphyer.
02-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Recent episodes have been crap. Really. But the older stuff were great.

Bearded Bugs
02-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Probably my favourite current US show except The Office. The 4th season hasn't been amazing, although the last couple of episodes have brought it back quite a lot.

shudderWINGS
02-21-2011, 02:31 AM
I disagree. I think it's been hilarious this year. I don't know.

I see too much of myself in all of them that I can't not laugh.

Efase
02-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Big Bang Theory is really good but if you don't like it, you dont like it. Now, i really recommend How I Met Your Mother, its really good you should try it out.

Pootcrum
02-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Yeh I enjoy Big Bang, haven't seen a lot of it to be honest, and that must change, but I relate to what I have seen.

Perhaps you were in a particularly bad mood when you watched it Shawn?

VladimirK
02-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Recent episodes have been crap. Really. But the older stuff were great.

Couldn't put it better myself.

I think I really started losing interest a couple of episodes ago when they made the joke about the girl wanting to start cutting again because of Sheldon's lecture.
I mean seriously, that's the sort of shit you're writing now? So were you just trying to grab in some of the fuckwit crowd or just show that you've ran out of jokes?
Whoever wrote that episode should be forced to watch the first 2/3 series and then slapped.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's high-brow comedy or anything like that, just that felt like a real low-point of the entire series.

exo-apollo
02-21-2011, 07:41 AM
I think this show is terribly unfunny, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not forced to watch it. Even if I was on a plane I wouldn't be forced to watch it. The only way it brings me slight pain is to see shows like AD get canceled while others like the previously mentioned Two and A half men continue for a long time.

Tussell
02-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I definitely agree with everyone. I have the first three seasons, and I could watch the first season for the rest of my life. However, the third season is quite weak. I have yet to see any of season four, but when it hits DVD, I'll certainly pick it up. I didn't mind the second season, and it's certainly better than the third. But like I said, nothing compares to the first season.

Big Bang Theory is really good but if you don't like it, you dont like it. Now, i really recommend How I Met Your Mother, its really good you should try it out.
My friend showed me it, and it's her favorite show. I just personally can't get into it. I don't know what it is about the show, but I just can't do it. I like the actors/actresses too, and I always like all the other work they've done. I really don't know what it is. The episodes I've seen though are from Seasons Four and Five. I've seen a majority of the episodes from both of those seasons. Maybe it's just a case of what is wrong with The Big Bang Theory. Writing is becoming gradually worse?

XxBlueSpade2xX
02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
That was easily the biggest overreaction to not liking a television show I've ever read. I can't understand why people watch Two and Half Men, but I don't think I'd equate that to driving someone to shoot up a school. Grow up, kid..

LOL, my thoughts exactly. I really like BBT. Even the new ones. Sheldon is one of the better characters on TV right now IMO. But, I guess it could be a hate it/love it type of thing.

Given, the newer episodes are not nearly as good as the first season. I think it's the writers having trouble and tripping over their feet trying to make the Penny/Leonard love interest thing work.

You didn't even find Penny entertaining? If only for her looks ;).

I used to love How I Met Your Mother, but the last 2 seasons were disappointing to me. Like my opinion of BBT, I think the writers are tripping themselves up trying to put Robin and Barney together.

ShawnSig
02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Big Bang Theory is a hit or miss nowadays, but when it first came out, I was always rolling around laughing. Seriously, you must have just seen a weak episode or something, and... God, OP, I hope what you wrote is meant to be a humorous exaggeration >_>

Yeah, I was trying to be funny when I said that stuff about the plane blowing up, the Columbine shooting. I guess no one thought it was funny?

The episode I saw, they had a robotic hand and were controlling it with their laptop. Then the kid(I don't know any of their names) was trying to jerk himself off with the robotic arm, then it got stuck to his dick. I didn't find any part of that episode funny. I had to sit on the plane for nearly 4 hours, maybe that was why I was pissed off and couldn't enjoy the show.

The Pants Party
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I loved that episode! If you don't find that type of humor funny, then no, the show really isn't for you. Judging by jokes you thought were funny (both of which involved mass loss of innocent life), you'd need to find a different sitcom for sure...

ShawnSig
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Fast reply, I don't know what I was thinking when I made this thread, I tried doing a search for this show on here but not much showed up, I assumed no one liked it enough to talk about it but I was wrong. I guess you're right, this show isn't for me.

One question though, did I offend you in anyway in any of my posts? I'm sorry if I did.

mksystem74
02-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Its got to be a good show with a huge audience to be picked up for 3 extra seasons this year. Most shows these day can't make it through the year without worrying about being canceled or not renewed. I enjoy watching the show, I know it has good and bad episodes but I just want to be entertained and it does that more than it doesn't.

HoovDizzel
02-24-2011, 04:21 AM
I agree, the first two seasons were gut breakers for me, Sheldon is def my fav character. the simple fact he makes fun of people if a way they have no clue. he un canny ability to learn sarcasm. and the fact he keeps relating penny to a lab rat they can train. but its been on the down fall with the writers. but i guess you got to be slightly nerdy to get it,

hydrosugar
02-27-2011, 08:41 AM
big bang theory's one of my fav shows. granted ive only seen the first 3 seasons in full which are apparently better, but i think i will like the newer ones anyway.

Snowwwwy
02-28-2011, 04:20 AM
I love The Big Bang Theory. Ive seen every episode upto date, its awesome.

ifoxmulder
03-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Have watched the first three seasons while on deployment in Iraq and can't get enough. Great show.

Snowwwwy
04-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Latest episode made me laugh hahaha.

katesith
04-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Definitely one of my favorite shows on air. Up there with Two and a Half Men for me.

Kunduz
04-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Overreact much? :P

I personally enjoy it. I think it's one of the better sitcoms that has poped up during the recent years.

The Pants Party
04-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Latest episode made me laugh hahaha.

This season's been fairly weak, but this week's episode was GREAT! Nice to see they still have it. Hopefully they get back to the glory of the first two seasons especially.

Tussell
04-02-2011, 01:51 AM
This season's been fairly weak, but this week's episode was GREAT! Nice to see they still have it. Hopefully they get back to the glory of the first two seasons especially.
Yeah, the first two seasons were amazing, specifically the first one. It's a shame to see it steadily declining, as this is certainly a fresh idea for a sitcom.

katesith
04-02-2011, 02:06 AM
This season has been more slapstick comedy than anything.

Snowwwwy
04-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Yeh, Ive realized that too, but like you said haha.. this episode was awesome.. I enjoyed it heaps haha.

berserk4brick69
04-08-2011, 02:09 AM
I love the characters in BBT. I love their intelligence. Have never liked the fact if you show how brainy you are at school you instantly become a nerd. Why aren't there more nerds in the world? We need to use our brains more.
I do find the show funny. Sometimes I agree the humour is a bit off.

ShawnSig
04-08-2011, 07:40 AM
I think I was having my man period(if there is such a thing) when I made this thread and the first post. I watched another episode on CTV a while back and it was slightly better than the one I saw on the airplane, I guess airplanes suck or something. I should probably delete or edit the first post.. ?

Snowwwwy
04-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Its funny.. I hated Sheldon towards the start.. now, I love him, haha.

TheNarrator23
04-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Nowadays, the episodes have to rely on Sheldon, in a way How I Met Your Mother needs Barney. In the first season, they were almost all equally funny, but with Howard standing out with his oneliners ^^

Snowwwwy
04-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Yeh, I miss Rajs oneliners too, they made me laugh and still do when I hear them haha.

The Pants Party
04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
"SHUT. YOUR. ASS."

I literally cried at that last night. So good.

Snowwwwy
04-09-2011, 02:00 AM
"SHUT. YOUR. ASS."

I literally cried at that last night. So good.
Thanks dude. You made me realize a new episode has been released haha.