PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

ADenton109
02-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

DOOKH8R
07-27-2012, 02:54 AM
"I must compliment you exceedingly upon the zeal and the intelligence which you have shown."

Well that clears it right up

Rep
07-27-2012, 02:56 AM
I wish they would tell me the actual requirements for the achievements... I never played the other game so I don't really know what to expect.

Eggnogga
08-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Can't really discuss the achievements until the game comes out, as the descriptions are so vague, it could be about anything.

The first game was mostly story-based achievements with a few random "Find all clues" or "assemble this piece" thrown in.

Mangoose
09-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Honours guide is up for the PC version. It's been the same as the achievements so far, at least. I'm too lazy to make a guide, but if anyone else wants to, go mad :)

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcSs/SH6/SH6.htm

EDIT: It's a walkthrough as well, so spoiler alert, I guess.

bLaKgRaVy
09-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Nice find. Same site as the SH vs. JtR walkthrough, which I'm currently playing through again (EU version on the US Marketplace :)).

The PC version must not have achievements, unless when they say "Unlock ... honour" in the walkthrough, it must mean the achievement, because the honour names correspond to the achievement names. Haven't gone through the whole thing to check yet to see if they're all there.

I can already tell that "The Brain" achievement might be missable since the walkthrough says it's "obtainable for not skipping a puzzle". Maybe you can skip some puzzles? Are they story related?

EDIT - "A Very Fine Loafer" might be missable. It appears to be unlocked at a certain point in the game (about a quarter through it) if you "talk to some non-essential characters in the streets" (meaning Buck's Row/Whitechapel St.).

EDIT 2 - Yeah, went through the walkthrough. Honours must be the PC equivalent of achievements for this game since I would imaging it's not a GFWL.

EDIT 3 - It seems that all but the two listed are story related, but I won't know until I actually play the game or someone else does and makes a proper guide. I also cut and pasted the achievement list and reordered them in the order in which they unlock (according to the walkthrough) to make it easier.

lethal.b
09-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Nice find. Same site as the SH vs. JtR walkthrough, which I'm currently playing through again (EU version on the US Marketplace :)).

The PC version must not have achievements, unless when they say "Unlock ... honour" in the walkthrough, it must mean the achievement, because the honour names correspond to the achievement names. Haven't gone through the whole thing to check yet to see if they're all there.

I can already tell that "The Brain" achievement might be missable since the walkthrough says it's "obtainable for not skipping a puzzle". Maybe you can skip some puzzles? Are they story related?

EDIT - "A Very Fine Loafer" might be missable. It appears to be unlocked at a certain point in the game (about a quarter through it) if you "talk to some non-essential characters in the streets" (meaning Buck's Row/Whitechapel St.).

EDIT 2 - Yeah, went through the walkthrough. Honours must be the PC equivalent of achievements for this game since I would imaging it's not a GFWL.

EDIT 3 - It seems that all but the two listed are story related, but I won't know until I actually play the game or someone else does and makes a proper guide. I also cut and pasted the achievement list and reordered them in the order in which they unlock (according to the walkthrough) to make it easier.

I just finished the game today following that guide. Honours are the name of the medals you get in game but each medal pops an achievement. You are right you can skip some puzzles so you can miss the brain and possibly the one where you have to speak to people in whitechapel but this popped on the first person i spoke to there. Also you can miss the 'Blackmailer' achievement as you have to choose the dialogue option which is blackmail 3 times and you only get 3 chances in the game to do it. I missed the option in the final conversation where you get the chance so i had to reload my save to redo the conversation to get it so it is definitely missable. You could also miss the one where you have to use homes instinct (where you press LT and it gives you useless hints) or whatever it is called 15 times in the game. But this can be gotten within the first 10-15 mins of starting the game so not biggie if you miss it.

But yep, follow that guide and you will get 1K.

Also to note is that some of the achievements pop at slightly different times than the guide mentions. For example one where you go into a safe room the guide says it pops then but it popped on me after i did the safe puzzle. This applied to a lot of the achievements so if it doesn't pop when the guide says just carry on and do the next couple of actions the guide says and it should pop. Just make lots of saves as this game does not auto save at all.

bLaKgRaVy
09-22-2012, 03:12 AM
I just finished the game today following that guide. Honours are the name of the medals you get in game but each medal pops an achievement. You are right you can skip some puzzles so you can miss the brain and possibly the one where you have to speak to people in whitechapel but this popped on the first person i spoke to there. Also you can miss the 'Blackmailer' achievement as you have to choose the dialogue option which is blackmail 3 times and you only get 3 chances in the game to do it. I missed the option in the final conversation where you get the chance so i had to reload my save to redo the conversation to get it so it is definitely missable. You could also miss the one where you have to use homes instinct (where you press LT and it gives you useless hints) or whatever it is called 15 times in the game. But this can be gotten within the first 10-15 mins of starting the game so not biggie if you miss it.

Also to note is that some of the achievements pop at slightly different times than the guide mentions. For example one where you go into a safe room the guide says it pops then but it popped on me after i did the safe puzzle. This applied to a lot of the achievements so if it doesn't pop when the guide says just carry on and do the next couple of actions the guide says and it should pop. Just make lots of saves as this game does not auto save at all.

Awesome, thanks for the verification.

I think the hint achievement is called "Pea-Souper". Can't really tell based on the description, but searching the walkthrough, I think that's it. I just finished playing the Jack the Ripper game again and I think I pressed LT once, and that was by mistake.

About how long did it take to 1000?

naab1984
09-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Nice guide, completed it today and was missing the "Blackmailer" achievement. Gonna restart the game now and obtain this for my 1000GS. Basicly easy game

IEvil IMonkey
09-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Nice guide, completed it today and was missing the "Blackmailer" achievement. Gonna restart the game now and obtain this for my 1000GS. Basicly easy game

How long for 1000g mate :confused:

lethal.b
09-22-2012, 11:22 AM

Jut to add more to this. You can also miss 'The Holmesian' which is for finding all the items from Holmes past adventures. I cant remember how many of these there are, I just remember the last one being a bust and when you click on it holmes and watson just comment on it so they are not needed to progress in the story so it is missable.

naab1984
09-22-2012, 02:05 PM
How long for 1000g mate :confused:
think it took me about 20 hours to complete without a guide

Summtrulli
09-22-2012, 02:57 PM

Just Completed and i am to only missing the "Blackmailer" achievement :/

Maybe a Bug? Wasn't there only one Spot where you had to Blackmail someone ?

naab1984
09-22-2012, 04:32 PM
You obtain "Blackmailer" achievement when you talk to the fat lady at the Rat Hole.
The Blackmailer achievement can be obtained if all the blackmail-type dialogue is selected in the game. There are 3 blackmail-type dialogues in the game. Before you start talking to her, SAVE here. Just in case you don't get it.

yourbreakfast99
09-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Yo sweet man. I admire your guides very much.

Summtrulli
09-22-2012, 06:42 PM
haha well that sucked having to play half way through again just because i missed the 2. blackmail-type dialogue on First Playthrough :-/ well at least its another 1000GS done now ^^

Pitbullpeebs
10-30-2012, 07:27 PM
I missed 3 achievements :( I skipped a puzzle by mistake & my last save was too far back, & I didn't get the cheevo for opening the judge's safe for some reason.

Paul Broughton
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
The brain and lockpicker didn't unlock for me and occasionally i used the guide. When the lockpicker achievement should of unlocked it obviously didn't but the badge which pops up on the screen when you gain an achievement did. Very strange!! I reload my save and the exact same thing happened.

fivebyfive200
02-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Had the same thing as last poster, the badge appeared for Lockpicker but no achievement (also The brain ach didn't pop) I didn't skip the lock picking :confused:

Also had to re-do "attention to detail" (reloaded a save I still had) and popped as soon as examined the magician coat. Also didn't get "breaking the law" and "number lover"

The last SH game was not as buggy as this turd monster. Also they should learn how to make a game that looks like it was made at least in 2010 not 2005 :p

Arya
12-17-2013, 09:43 PM
The last SH game was not as buggy as this turd monster. Also they should learn how to make a game that looks like it was made at least in 2010 not 2005 :p

Haha, yeah. Graphics are embarassing and the achievements are all glitched. Two of the ones I know for sure I completed didn't pop.

fvkasm2x
12-23-2013, 12:36 AM
I accidentally skipped a puzzle, so had to dashboard out and reload my last save and do it again. I hope that doesn't glitch it for me.