PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised how hard achievements in kinect games are... Any suggestions?

Coldgears
02-19-2011, 08:14 PM
One of the factors in buying the kinect for me was the achievements. Surprisingly, most games are actually harder then regular xbox 360 games. While I rarely 1k games, I usually get between 600-800 on a game I like. With the kinect some games are hard to get even 200 points on. For example, motion sports, platinum in every challenge in every game, that's literally 8 achievements, then theres gold, that makes up 8 achievements then silver and so on and so forth. While I have access to literally any kinect game for free (My local library has video games) the only one I managed to 1k was kinectimals, the only other easy one was game party in motion... BUT, there was one ridiculus achievement for getting 2 in the 100 point in shuffleboard, making it impossible for me.

Any suggestions for easy 1k like kinectimals, i'm surprised how many are hard... Including kinect adventures.

ashleary
02-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Kinect Sports is relatively easy to get up into the 600's in mate.

As for general tips, like everything; practice makes perfect! Keep trying mate and i'm sure you'll get by.

PS Kinect adventures is pretty tough - i know! :D

DoctorPolski
02-19-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm 1 cheevo away from 1K on Kinect Adventures, it is physically demanding if you do 2 hours or so a night but otherwise take it steady and enjoy getting fitter.

Abdable
02-20-2011, 03:01 PM
you will find the more you play kinect the better and easyer the achivments will become, thats what i found after playin kinect for a while

willtacular
03-02-2011, 02:44 AM
It's pretty easy to get a lot of the kinect sports achievements. Some of them require running though, so I'll never get those lol.

JeJans
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
The achievements overall aren't that hard. Well, if you're not a 400 pound guy, i would see that a bit challenging. And if you are you will start to loose weight and get real achievements:P.

Dance centrals 5 star all song are kind of hard, even for me and i would say im a pretty good dancer.

StillTIPPIN187
03-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Kinectimals was a easy 1K.. Had trouble on an obstacle for all gold medals achievement though.

Kinect Adventures is easy and fun. Just need to platinum maybe ten more levels and ill have the last achievement.

Kinect Sports is fun but alot of achievements are hard.. Im up to about 675 and still have some achievements i haven't even tried!

I haven't played any other games outside of Microsoft Game Studios execept for Body and Brain and those achievements aren't looking too bad.. definately gonna be some hard ones.. but not too too bad.

snazzyskier
03-03-2011, 02:47 AM
I heard Adrenaline Junkies was a very attainable 1k.

Necromancer
03-03-2011, 01:14 PM
The achievements overall aren't that hard. Well, if you're not a 400 pound guy, i would see that a bit challenging. And if you are you will start to loose weight and get real achievements:P.

Dance centrals 5 star all song are kind of hard, even for me and i would say im a pretty good dancer.

Hahah that was funny. I lol'd.

silentlybroken
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I actually found the kinect adventures achievements pretty easy (says she with two missing - one being to platinum every game) but I haven't really tried other kinect games apart from kinectimals which I kind of got bored of lol

KB Are I
03-03-2011, 04:15 PM
If you just play the games without even going for the cheevos for a little while then it gets fun and you are being active at the same time. You can just get alot of them by simply playing. As another person mentioned though you do get better at getting the cheeves after playing Kinect for a decent amount of time.

Watty8883
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Its the bloody space required that messes up my achievements especially tracking your feet.
On the whole though I would say the achievements are EASIER than most regular games.Some of them just take time grinding like the fitness games but that cant be considered hard.

Tessou
03-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Some of the achievements in Kinect Sports require a ludicrous amount of practice, and a dash of luck for the hardest of them (beat champion difficulty for each sport, for instance).

Props to the OP for actually slogging through Game Party in Motion. I bought and sold that game within the space of 12 hours, it was so awful.

Gaanjaa
03-05-2011, 03:21 AM
I don't have much luck with achievements with the kinect, but then again I haven't put much time into it either.

alklein35
03-06-2011, 03:16 AM
I like the achievements though. Like in Adventures, doing the special video-things (can't remember what they're called), where you control a shark or gorilla or something. Then the really motivational ones for achievement whores (I'm borderline), like in Your Shape, burn 10k calories. I know, not a whole lot, but for someone who gets bored to death with standard exercise, this is gonna force me to do it for a while.

purpleinsect
03-11-2011, 06:19 PM
There is a learning curve to everything. But I must admit, I haven't really focused on the achievements when I'm playing kinect.

gooniesala
03-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm on 625 with YourShape. and only 125 with Sports - but i normally play that with friends/family. Some are pretty hard and long winded.

Foxxy kyle
03-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Some of them take some time and energy but i wouldnt call them hard. They can be done with some time.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Same as everything....
Practice practice practice lol