PDA

View Full Version : Lady Hawke or male Hawke?

MASS DOMINATION
02-20-2011, 07:18 AM
With dragon age 2 (Update) now released, I'm curious to know who players plan to play as first. Lady Hawke or make Hawke? I know not everyone will choose the default models so I added that option into the poll.

Personally I love both models but i plan to play as lady Hawke. If I'm going to be looking at a face for many, many hours I want it be attractive. I created a hot character in Dragon Age: Origins and I didn't regret it one bit, :p.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9454/hawkes.jpg

DOOKH8R
02-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Probably Lady Hawke for first playthrough.

What is the custom model?

MASS DOMINATION
02-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Probably Lady Hawke for first playthrough.

What is the custom model?

I meant are players going to create their own custom face. Which means not using either default character models.

DOOKH8R
02-20-2011, 07:34 AM
I meant are players going to create their own custom face. Which means not using either default character models.

I will probably do that then.

IDiivil
02-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Custom model, definitely, though it will be female so I can feel like I can relate to it better <3

KillerChris8814
02-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Probally custom or male first, but haven't decided for sure yet.

Auburok
02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Custom male. I don't "do" full beards.

BloodGodAlucard
02-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I'll play as a custom male Hawke.

Eternaltriumph
02-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Probably standard Male Hawke first playthrough, custom if any other playthrough.

I sort of miss old RPGs that played like a storybook rather than one of those open end books where if you flip to a bad page you did a "HOLY SHIT TURN BACK TURN BACK" kind of thing. Go through the motions through the good or bad imo. Standard characters contribute to that.

PhantomNemesis
02-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Standard Male Hawke first, then maybe mix it up a bit, probably female custom Hawke. I tend to stick to the standard model in Mass Effect but I might try and do something custom here.

Jumnious
02-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Standard Male Hawke first, then maybe mix it up a bit, probably female custom Hawke. I tend to stick to the standard model in Mass Effect but I might try and do something custom here.

Same. I played as default Shephard because well... he was a fine lookin' individual. :P

Default male for me; even though I did have a female rogue in DA1.

surreal_82
02-21-2011, 08:46 AM
First playthrough will be either of the defaults, not decided yet, then will play with customising and opposite sex after first playthrough, always played standard shepard, tried female shep and didnt feel right lol, but dragon age origins, more often than not ill play female, esp if an elf... cus they have to be hot ladies lol... shame the customisation was so clunky in the first... lookin forward to this game big time, just wish game shipped it a fortnight early by mistake lol

Captain Urahara
02-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Most likely I'll go

1st playthrough: Male Hawke

2nd: Female Hawke

3rd: Custom Male

4th: Custom Female

tkhbecker
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
I always play a male character first... I'm a male and I know what I would like to do since I "roleplay" in every game I own. I guess thats why I dont have to many MMO friends... lol

solo07
02-26-2011, 10:53 PM
I have no idea why but i'm pretty much always the defaults. probably default male as first playthrough.

Pieville
02-27-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm gonna stick with the default male. I normally play with a custom character in RPG's but I like the look of Hawke and I played the demo earlier today and I grown a custom to his face.

13ip0lar
02-27-2011, 01:50 AM
I'm gonna stick with the default male. I normally play with a custom character in RPG's but I like the look of Hawke and I played the demo earlier today and I grown a custom to his face.

Thank God you typed it, because I'm feeling non-talkative. Also, the whole Shepard/Mass Effect vibe I get, might as well play the stock toon, I would assume custom characters have the same voice depending on gender, but meh. I might be tempted with a female, just to customize her to my specific tastes. I know... creepy right? Just keeping it honest...

scrummers
02-27-2011, 02:32 AM
I usually play male but after playing the female hawke in the demo she has kinda grown on me. Leaning towards female.

Pieville
02-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Thank God you typed it, because I'm feeling non-talkative. Also, the whole Shepard/Mass Effect vibe I get, might as well play the stock toon, I would assume custom characters have the same voice depending on gender, but meh. I might be tempted with a female, just to customize her to my specific tastes. I know... creepy right? Just keeping it honest...

It's not creepy, you just gotta do what you gotta do!
For my second character I'm thinking a female-mage.

Ozbaab
02-27-2011, 03:41 AM
Undecided!

FSparacino4
02-27-2011, 04:27 AM
Male Hawke Rogue = Badass

TheDeceiver35
02-27-2011, 06:00 PM
I usually play male but after playing the female hawke in the demo she has kinda grown on me. Leaning towards female.

Ya ive been kinda of thinking the same myself for the first character as a rogue. Then a male fighter. Stocks looks decent so will likely go with that unless I can create something awesome with custom.

HighlandSeed
02-27-2011, 06:11 PM
hehe probably male hawke because i dont wanna bang dudes as a girl lol

scrummers
02-27-2011, 06:26 PM
hehe probably male hawke because i dont wanna bang dudes as a girl lol

who says you can only bang dudes. A lil girl on girl action never hurt anybody. haha

Jenneke88
02-27-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm going for a girl Hawke, being a girl myself and of course I can always play gears of war(1 and 2) if I want to play as a guy.

AMoDo94
02-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Absolutely male i love him

Spoony Bard
02-27-2011, 07:15 PM
I've been choosing male for Mass Effect and female for Dragon Age. The ladies look kinda hot splattered with the blood of their enemies, but no real reason aside from that.

iToastMan
02-27-2011, 07:44 PM
I've been choosing male for Mass Effect and female for Dragon Age. The ladies look kinda hot splattered with the blood of their enemies, but no real reason aside from that.

Strange view there friend , dwarfs on the other hand, pwoah sexy little beasties :P I shall miss them as a choice dearly x)

OT : I'll try both genders, but only with the custom models, im terrible at making them look half decent :)

Cyano Khaar
02-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Female Hawke is ridiculously good looking and has a sexy voice. I was very impressed considering how lame Female Shepard was in my opinion.

Male Hawke sounds like Daniel Craig, and looks like King Leonidas. Need I say more?

I'll play as Male Hawke simply because I am a male, and I'd like to have a female romance and all that stuff. I'll definitely be doing a Female Hawke playthrough after though.

1st Playthrough: Male Rogue
2nd Playthrough: Female Mage

13ip0lar
02-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Female Hawke is ridiculously good looking and has a sexy voice. I was very impressed considering how lame Female Shepard was in my opinion.

Male Hawke sounds like Daniel Craig, and looks like King Leonidas. Need I say more?

Speaking of, does anyone knows who does the voice acting for the Hawkes'? I was bummed to find out one of my favorite voice actors, voiced female Shepard in ME 1&2 and I never played as a female T_T

Magicman10893
02-28-2011, 02:43 AM
I think the poll is a little confusing. It's like your asking two separate questions but only room for one answer. It's like reading, "Do you have a means of transportation to work? Have you consumed illegal drugs in the last month?" with only one answer pane on a job application.

I plan on playing as a male Hawke, but I want to make a custom face. At first I thought this poll was about which gender will you start out as, then it evolved into "which face will you use?" at the last second.

KuShNsTieN
02-28-2011, 04:11 AM
lol^

Anyway, ill play as Male Hawk probably custom face. It still depends if the custom face do fit to my liking if not, then ill just choose the regular Hawk.

MASS DOMINATION
02-28-2011, 06:23 AM
I think the poll is a little confusing. It's like your asking two separate questions but only room for one answer. It's like reading, "Do you have a means of transportation to work? Have you consumed illegal drugs in the last month?" with only one answer pane on a job application.

I plan on playing as a male Hawke, but I want to make a custom face. At first I thought this poll was about which gender will you start out as, then it evolved into "which face will you use?" at the last second.

haha, i can understand your confusion. what i meant was if you play with a custom face (male or female) then your vote should go to the 'custom model' choice. If u plan to play as the standard male or female, then u would vote in one of the top 2 choices.

The whole point was basically to see which characters face design/voice people liked better (male or female Hawke). but since i knew a lot of people would make their own faces i choice to add a 'custom model' option to the poll.

KeepEmRolling
02-28-2011, 02:20 PM
My two playthroughs will be as a male mage and a female rogue...not sure which I'll play first and I'll use the default appearance for both.

iToastMan
02-28-2011, 03:32 PM
wasn't to keen on female sheps voice but i didn't mind male :P
i like female hawkes voice in here but not so much the male

Nicholas Boulton(Male)
Jo Wyatt(Female)

These are the voice actors for the hawkes i believe :)

Fishman
03-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm going to play as a custom female. When I put 50+ hours into a game I like some eye candy ;). Oh, also a little girl on girl with Isabela never hurt :p.

:drunk

13ip0lar
03-03-2011, 12:09 AM
wasn't to keen on female sheps voice but i didn't mind male :P
i like female hawkes voice in here but not so much the male

Nicholas Boulton(Male)
Jo Wyatt(Female)

These are the voice actors for the hawkes i believe :)

Cool thanks for the info, I was bummed when I sold it and didn't play the female Shepard 'cause the voice actor has done a lot of different things, and the one that sticks out in my mind is playing Felicia Hardy on the 90's Spider-Man cartoon, which I recently watched in its entirety a few months back lol.

Jennifer Hale is the name...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Hale

She's done catroons, games, even Metal Gear apparently lol.

http://www.jenniferhale.com/Jennifer_Hale/Games_%26_Animation.html

Worhammer
03-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Custom male. I don't "do" full beards.
Don't fear the Grizzly Adams, my friend. Embrace it.

Male.

TheDeceiver35
03-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Cool thanks for the info, I was bummed when I sold it and didn't play the female Shepard 'cause the voice actor has done a lot of different things, and the one that sticks out in my mind is playing Felicia Hardy on the 90's Spider-Man cartoon, which I recently watched in its entirety a few months back lol.

Jennifer Hale is the name...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Hale

She's done catroons, games, even Metal Gear apparently lol.

http://www.jenniferhale.com/Jennifer_Hale/Games_%26_Animation.html

Wow, was just looking at the list of games she has been involved with and its incredibly impressive. She has played a lot of well known characters too.

Amy326
03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Custom Model all the way! One of the greatest things about these games is the extreme cutomization. I hope they have better girl hair this time though.

TriRock
03-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Male Hawke, as a warrior.

Will propably play as a custom female mage on my second playthrough.

Inebriated Jedi
03-07-2011, 04:12 AM
I really like Marian Hawke, but I think I'm going to make a custom female for my first playthrough.

tripleb2k
03-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Probably do a run through with both BUT Male Hawke first (use him as a Warrior Tank) than the Female Hawke (Mage or Rouge, undecided).

Opiate42
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Lady Hawke, but likely with a few tweeks.

I find Bioware heroines to be generally all around more satisfying ass-kickers. With better voice acting to boot.

KriugerisLT
03-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Male Hawke's voice is just terrible...

Female is much better, but the running animation is awkward. I guess each has it's own problems.

Female FTW though.